Art Commissions

YaeYae
edited October 2014 in The Blank Canvas
While I hope not to use this thread unanimously by myself, I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a place to notify people when I'm open or not open to taking commissions without cluttering the thread I usually use to post work. I'd rather not mass-message everyone who has sent me a message of their interest, in case the interest has waned, so here we are!

Due to some art block with the current project I'm working on, I feel like I need new material to draw/practice/experiment on so my commissions are open. I have no set prices, but I will refuse offers I'm not interested in taking. As for timeline, I tend to work depending on the order I accept commissions first, though larger commissions are generally pushed back in favor of faster/easier ones.

Oh, I prefer that commissions be discussed through forum messages, and my samples are found in the Character Draw thread.

:)
If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Can you post some stuff you've already done, here?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    So, should we post here, or simply send you a message with info, etc to see if you are interested in taking it?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Yae said:
    You should message me all relevant information!
    And, here is a bunch of samples I had on hand and uploaded to tumblr: http://yaesamples.tumblr.com/

If possible, I'd suggest you change the background to something other than stark white.

It makes your artwork very hard to see, which is a shame as it is quite lovely.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    AWESOME!

The one of @Caoimhaen‌ is my favorite. All of them are way rad. Great job!
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • I am tentatively opening a few slots for commission. Those interested should send forum messages.  :)

Also will do a free chibi drawing to the first person who posts their description here.  B)
  • I couldn't squee any louder! My goodness gracious that's painfully cute!

• are you looking to do mainly portraits, or do you want Achaean scenes in general? There's nothing in particular I want, but some ideas I'll give ya just to get your creativity flowing:

Sartan rising out of the red fog to form the city of Mhaldor
    Pazuzu vs Han-tolneth (figurines or real)
    Blufest celebrations
    Someone looking down from the Clouds over sapience?

Just some ideas, take them or leave them
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • I never seem to be able to get into the slim window of opportunity, here.

• YaeYae
    edited March 2016
    Looking to take a handful of commissions (character sketches at 35-50cr type, probably). Please PM info if interested.

I may not respond immediately.
  • Okay, I have a lot to choose from now. Slots closed! :open_mouth: 

Thank you, @Tahquil. :grin: 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    C'mon, @Atalkez

There's already free art of you everywhere...
  • edited March 2016
    Every world/time/place needs a Zaraki.

I love it @Yae!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • These are beautiful. I totally want one when you're open again. :)
  • Ooh!!! I can't wait til you open again!

• Notice: I'm going to have to stop accepting commissions with in-game credit currency for now since I'm having some medical/dental issues that my insurance isn't covering. There were a handful of people I was going to message and haven't replied to yet, but this may impact it. If you're still wanting a commission, I am opening up a few slots (amount depends on level of difficulty) for this. Feel free to send me a message.

The people I've already requested descriptions from and the commissions already finished aren't impacted by this.
  • Yae said:
    Notice: I'm going to have to stop accepting commissions with in-game credit currency for now since I'm having some medical/dental issues that my insurance isn't covering. There were a handful of people I was going to message and haven't replied to yet, but this may impact it. If you're still wanting a commission, I am opening up a few slots (amount depends on level of difficulty) for this. Feel free to send me a message.

The people I've already requested descriptions from and the commissions already finished aren't impacted by this.
    If you are opening more commissions, how much would you like to help with medical expenses?
  • YaeYae
    edited April 2016
    I would accept anything over $5 (probably?!). It doesn't have to be a lot, just enough to not make the impact of medical payments hurt. :s
    I generally leave it up to whoever it is to decide the payment with the level of art they want me to do.
  • What can i get for $200?
  • Aegoth said:
    What can i get for $200?
    I concur this point, what is up for grabs? :P
  • Aegoth said:
    What can i get for $200?
    Probably the best I can do! But, I don't know if the level of art will meet standards for that kind of money, haha.  :'(
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Oi vey. You know you live in an overpriced town when you think to yourself, $200? At best, I can probably only get a crude, 5-minute sketch for that.
  • Yae said:
    Aegoth said:
    What can i get for $200?
    Probably the best I can do! But, I don't know if the level of art will meet standards for that kind of money, haha.  :'(
    If you did a full body portrait of me+1 with scenery I could part with that much easily, but hey, I REALLY like your artstyle so eye of the beholder and what what.