AA - Achaeans Australia

Comments

• Gichori said:
    Wow so many Aussies who play.  I have just started playing Achaea from Lusternia.  Achaea looks to have a lot more Aussies.  Probably won't be able to make this meet but share how it goes.  I'd be keen for future ones.
    Poke me, Jukilian, Mindshell or the like in-game, and we can invite you to the Down Under clan.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Skye said:
    Look what you guys did to this poor transfer nub :(

(Down Under): Jukilian says, "Welcome Gichori!"

(Down Under): Gichori says, "Thankyou."

The vicious death roll too much, Gichori has fallen victim to a huge, ferocious crocodile.

The timing could not have been better there
  • And that's how we initiate people in Australia
  • Our babies don't get smacked to make sure they are breathing, they get thrown into a crocodile enclosure.

you'd be surprised how frequently we have to buy new crocodiles

• That awkward moment.....welcome to 'straya
  • I see you are familiar with our citizenship exams.
  • Can confirm that Jukilian summons crocodiles.

• WydWyd
    edited March 2016
    Cheap flights from Melbourne to Brisbane/Gold Cost by Virgin for easter.

Guess it was meant to be. (Flights booked and ready to go)

• Ha ha juk has crocs mate, I'll flush 'em out for 85 bucks an hour not including beer
  • One of these days I'm actually going to visit Australia. The flights are pretty cheap, no real excuses!

• edited March 2016
    Alright. I've booked my accommodation @Moorings on Caville.

It seems like a relatively cheap place with a few cheap (but still nice) places nearby. It -should- have a decent size living room we can squeeze into should the need to play cards against humanity arises. 

... and it's a block from the massive arcade.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited March 2016
    Wow so many Aussies on Achaea.

That prison wifi is legit.

• Achilles said:

And we get wicked dental as well, probably should send more Brits down here
  • You know, cards is indeed a great drunken game to play, and from what I've seen of Achaean, it would be awesome.  In fact, someone should do up some of those customer cards with Achaean specific scenarios.  Also, another great drunken game is Funemployed.  Think Cards Against Humanity meets job interviews.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Achilles said:

No it isn't. Haven't you heard some of us complain about the ping we get?
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    edited March 2016
    Guys I work in hospitality. Hit me up if you need rooms where and when I'll see about discounts

Actually here is the link fit my corporate promo code. Let me know if you use it I'll have to send you a voucher

https://m.wyndhamhotelgroup.com/?corporate_id=1000009153

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    If we even have resorts over there...

• Sarathai said:
    Achilles said:

No it isn't. Haven't you heard some of us complain about the ping we get?
    Will shank cell mate for better internets...
  • Australian meet. 10 attend, only 1 comes out of it alive.
  • I will likely be taking the Friday off next week so I can probably be an early bird if I decide to ditch my weekly D&D for one night.

What's good accommodation there?
  • @Jukilian No idea! I'm staying in 'Moorings on Cavill' (because I wasn't employed when I booked) so it's rather cheap and central to everything.
  • @Tahquil is that actually a decent price, the budget room? I've never stayed at places like this before.
  • I think so! There are probably cheaper though, I made sure this one had a decent lounge room for card games
  • There's a a couch for me to crash on?

• Should be!
  • One week to go!
  • Turns out the D&D campaign is approaching its end, so I might have to come in on Saturday morning and stick around til Monday!
  • Friday night is only a maybe. I'll have been driving a while and might be arriving late at night or be to tired to do anything. Saturday is definitely the official meet start
  • i'll be in late friday too so if people want to do things send me a message and forewarn, I'd be happy for some quiet drinks or shenanigans but flight arrives at like 10pm