Ak Opponent Tracking

Comments

• Am I still allowed to tear up the code and mangle it into something I like?
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Achimrst said:
    Am I still allowed to tear up the code and mangle it into something I like?
    Just asking you not to distribute anything I code or have helped code without my permission. Hack away, just don't share it without asking.  This script represents me.  If we all wanted to start modifying scripts and sharing it WOULD become faction specific. There is no way to dodge that. 

@Klendathu is the best example of this.  He competely rewrote large portions of my code and even distributed a modified version when I took a hiatus. He did so with permission, and many of his ideas I still use with permission. He will forever be the K to my A(at least until the next major recoding of logic)
  • Austere said:
    Achimrst said:
    Am I still allowed to tear up the code and mangle it into something I like?
    Just asking you not to distribute anything I code or have helped code without my permission. Hack away, just don't share it without asking.  This script represents me.  If we all wanted to start modifying scripts and sharing it WOULD become faction specific. There is no way to dodge that. 

@Klendathu is the best example of this.  He competely rewrote large portions of my code and even distributed a modified version when I took a hiatus. He did so with permission, and many of his ideas I still use with permission. He will forever be the K to my A(at least until the next major recoding of logic)
    I agree it would be pretty shitty of me to do that, not that it would help anyone to have any of the shit I mangle into something I like.
  • Can someone link this? The dropbox link is gone.
  • Raoh said:
    Can someone link this? The dropbox link is gone.
    Eh, I am too lazy to search for in on mobile, but the new link is in this thread.  Pretty sure it's on page 3.
  • I come from another IRE game and have experience writing my own target aff trackers in the past, but I am REALLY not up for doing the same for Achaea. Is this still up to date / supported, @Austere? Happy to donate to the cause if so but I am also completely clueless with Mudlet so some idea where to start with using it (as in, give it to me like I'm 10) would be much appreciated.
  • It's up to date as far as it will be in the forsee able future.  If you install it, get with me if you have team viewer and I will fix the known bug that breaks the logical chain.  I do still support as time permits. I can't remember what classes it supports anymore, but if there isn't a folder for one of yours, get with me. Please read the docs though. I know they are ugly, but I tried. 
  • Might be simpler to post about the bug here so people don't have to bug you personally! I've had people try to ask me how to set this up but I have no idea so I had to tell them to bug you
  • Kiet said:
    Might be simpler to post about the bug here so people don't have to bug you personally! I've had people try to ask me how to set this up but I have no idea so I had to tell them to bug you
    Gaaah. I would, and its something I have been meaning to do for a while, but once I get home, I forget. I only play forums at work!

I will try to remember when I get home tonight to do this.  Might end up just releasing a newer version.  Easier than writing out instructions. 
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Getting an error on the dropbox link. Has it been moved elsewhere?

• Utianima said:
    Getting an error on the dropbox link. Has it been moved elsewhere?
    page 3
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Just want to say I'm using AK and it's going pretty well for me. Props to @Austere for awesome support.

I'm finding a few omissions and reporting them to him in PMs but they are few and far between.
  • Any news on the newer version or the bug fix @Austere ?
  • Belros said:
    Any news on the newer version or the bug fix @Austere ?
    I've been having trouble exporting the system in package exporter. @Kiba managed to figure out a fix for me I think,  but I haven't had time to really sit down with him about it. I think we both have time set aside tonight for it,  though. 
  • Question, what's the difference between an aff and an shaff for the system?
    Shaff? That's a new one on me.  Explain the context
  • Was looking through the triggers, working on adding in stuff for myself as a Sentinel. Basically using other things as examples. Under the Sword and Board group, you have local shaff = "what have you" were as other things have aff = "affliction you've given" so it's both OppGainedAff = (shaff) or OppGainedAff = (aff)

It's just different coding styles for different periods in my education on lua and other people submitting trigger groups.  
  • edited March 2016
    New question. Trying to set a trigger for an attack that does more than one affliction based on what they have. Have the trigger line set in perl regex, and my code looks like this: 

local Daff = "impatience"

if affstrack.score.impatience == 0 then Daff = "impatience" elseif

affstrack.score.dizziness == 0 and affstrack.score.impatience == 100 then

Daff = "dizziness"

end

OpGainedAff(Daff)

but it's not tracking for either

• Borre said:
    New question. Trying to set a trigger for an attack that does more than one affliction based on what they have. Have the trigger line set in perl regex, and my code looks like this: 

local Daff = "impatience"

if affstrack.score.impatience == 0 then Daff = "impatience" elseif

affstrack.score.dizziness == 0 and affstrack.score.impatience == 100 then

Daff = "dizziness"

end

OpGainedAff(Daff)

but it's not tracking for either

I would do it like this:

if tonumber(affstrack.score.impatience) < tonumber(49) then
    OpGainedAff("impatience")
    else
    OpGainedAff("dizziness")
    end

Make sure to put an echo into your code at the top to test your trigger though.
    I'm also not sure on the syntaxes for AK, but providing they are correct, the above should work.
  • Calling tonumber is completely unnecessary.
  • Ok, I wasn't sure if your system held the numbers as numbers or strings. I use tonumber() on everything to try to avoid accidents.
  • edited March 2016
    He's likely referring to tonumber(49). There's no point in attempting to convert a number into a number.

E: Not sure if affstrack.score.impatience is a number as well, but it probably is.
  • tonumber on a number (49 in that case) is pretty redundant though!
  • It is OppGainedAff() you left out a p. 
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    @Austere omg austere...

I'm too stupid to figure out how to add new afflictions... you know.. for like Alchemist. I wanna track humour tempering and a can't figure it out :( 

I thought I was on the track... i basically copied most of the things from a simple affliction like hallucinations... added it to AK Opponent Tracking, oreset, oprompt..

like what am I doing wrong? Clearly I'm missing something. :(

• edited March 2016
    Szanthax said:
    @Austere omg austere...

I'm too stupid to figure out how to add new afflictions... you know.. for like Alchemist. I wanna track humour tempering and a can't figure it out :( 

I thought I was on the track... i basically copied most of the things from a simple affliction like hallucinations... added it to AK Opponent Tracking, oreset, oprompt..

like what am I doing wrong? Clearly I'm missing something. :(
    Tracking humor is easy enough. You could check humour for free every balance, update that into your table, then +1 to the humor you are tempering, take that into consideration before your attack, since temper goes before inundate or wracking. 
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    @Dochitha

omg slow down... I'm talking about tracking humor from the very begining.

Like temper dochitha sanguine and have that show up on my AK tracker afflictions and stuff. When they eat whatever have it go away. 

I was thinking of making my own 'tracker' but ... I'm so basic its pathetic.

• Szanthax said:
    @Dochitha

omg slow down... I'm talking about tracking humor from the very begining.

Like temper dochitha sanguine and have that show up on my AK tracker afflictions and stuff. When they eat whatever have it go away. 

I was thinking of making my own 'tracker' but ... I'm so basic its pathetic.
    Yeah, you can evaluate humour every balance for free, before your attack. so you do something like:

send("stand/vault mindshellcrab/block "..whereIcomefrom.."/order homunculus attack "..target.."/evaluate "..target.." humours/temper "..target.." "..humour.."/truewrack "..target.." "..aff1.." "..aff2)

The evaluate will show you all their current humours before the temper. So once you got it, you know you're going to temper sanguine next, you can +1 to sanguine from the evaluate, so it can be taken into account for your next action, before you evaluate again next balance.

IE: You send evaluate and temper sanguine wrack paralysis, the attack goes through and it shows target has no humours tempered. You know you just tempered sanguine, so you +1 to sanguine.

Next up, if you choose to temper sanguine again, you are ripe for truewrack paralysis already. So the next attack if you temper sanguine, it will be at 2 (assuming they cure para and not ginger). Hence you can send evaluate, temper sanguine, truewrack paralysis whatever. Kinda get to twrack para the 2nd attack.

Tracking what they cured is hard, cos ginger cure hits the humour randomly. But it's easy to tally since you are going to evaluate their humours every balance, so this is not an issue. If you want to prevent them from curing the humour you wanted to keep, you can temper others so the chances get diluted. Well, other than melancholic that doesn't seem to have much effects, other humours are all worth tempering, san for par, cho for tree/active/passive fail after 3,  phlegm for lethargy inundate.