New Nexus client up for testing!

2»

Comments

• Tecton said:
    Any particular issue you're having @Releon?
    Just understanding it.  It's just like a new language, in that I have to decipher it heh.  But if someone has already written a nice little setup for simple anti-theft so I don't have to do any work, that would be fantastic.
  • The lag on the nexus is pretty bad, whether on my crappy laptop or my gaming rig. As Jacen said, it's probably display lag. For me it only gets bad during combat, but even just walking can slow it to a crawl. The latency is off the charts compared to mudlet, and I have far, far more things going on there than when I was on Nexus.

I will tear you heart to pieces. And when it heals, I will tear it again. And again. And again. That is your punishment.

• edited March 2016
    Can confirm lag here also. Very noticeable delay when moving through rooms with nothing else going on. Tried using in Chrome.

Edit: I also have a blank profile in Nexus.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Jemaine said:
    Can confirm lag here also. Very noticeable delay when moving through rooms with nothing else going on. Tried using in Chrome.

Edit: I also have a blank profile in Nexus.
    Letmejustloadafullsizeimageeverytimewemoveroomssoundslikeaplantomehavefunspeedwalkinganywhereonanyhalfwaydecentinternetconnection.
    Huh. Neat.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    edited March 2016
    Doesn't actually load an image, the maps are rendered by the client from data it receives when it first enters an area.
    Tecton said:
    Doesn't actually load an image, the maps are rendered by the client from data it receives when it first enters an area.
    :open_mouth: 

No way
    Huh. Neat.
  • Browsers don't generally request the same image from the server every single time they need to display it anyway.
    Antonius said:
    Browsers don't generally request the same image from the server every single time they need to display it anyway.
    Ya but there's about 49000 rooms which would mean a lot of maps.

Granted, a large number of those aren't mapped *grumblegrumble* but still, lots of rooms = lots of data.
    Huh. Neat.
    edited March 2016
    Ahmet said:
    Antonius said:
    Browsers don't generally request the same image from the server every single time they need to display it anyway.

Granted, a large number of those aren't mapped *grumblegrumble* but still, lots of rooms = lots of data.
    You'll download an average 32kb of map data when you transition to a new area, which shouldn't choke up many connections.

But I've made some tweaks to WALK TO - you'll now only see a brief description and won't see the text map (even if you have it configured on), while speedwalking (in Nexus). Makes things a lot less spammy.
  • Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:
    Antonius said:

You'll download an average 32kb of map data when you transition to a new area, which shouldn't choke up many connections.

But I've made some tweaks to WALK TO - you'll now only see a brief description and won't see the text map (even if you have it configured on), while speedwalking (in Nexus). Makes things a lot less spammy.
    So like.  I understand this is a good thing for some people...

However can we have a config button for this?  Because now whenever I WALK TO I don't see the room I'm currently in, the things in my room update (Unless I LOOK while walking) and, sure the map updates, but I really.  Really liked it how it was before.

Please don't make me cry at my broken WALK TO feature.
    Frederich said:
    Tecton said:
    Ahmet said:
    Antonius said:

So like.  I understand this is a good thing for some people...

However can we have a config button for this?  Because now whenever I WALK TO I don't see the room I'm currently in, the things in my room update (Unless I LOOK while walking) and, sure the map updates, but I really.  Really liked it how it was before.

Please don't make me cry at my broken WALK TO feature.
    Hrrm, I'll make sure that all of the GMCP data is still being sent, I know the room information was!
  • I'm not using Nexus and the room descs/contents are still hidden when autowalking.
    Sena said:
    I'm not using Nexus and the room descs/contents are still hidden when autowalking.
    Correct, everyone will see the brief desc of rooms that you traverse, people using Nexus or have the IRE.Display GMCP module won't see the text map (even if configured on normally).
  • I'm having a problem with the Nexus client no longer keeping track of Denizen health. The tab targetting still works correctly and sets the target but the target icon on the bottom no longer shows my current target or keeps track of health. I have tried the icon on the bottom right that resets the ui and relogging but it doesnt fix it.
    edited March 2016
    Vokun said:
    I'm having a problem with the Nexus client no longer keeping track of Denizen health. The tab targetting still works correctly and sets the target but the target icon on the bottom no longer shows my current target or keeps track of health. I have tried the icon on the bottom right that resets the ui and relogging but it doesnt fix it.
    This is fixed, will be live in a couple of minutes!
    We also just loaded up a new change to try to alleviate some of the lag issues people are having in high-spam situations (group combat etc.)
  • edited March 2016
    @Tecton

Found an error in the documentation. In http://nexus.ironrealms.com/Functions it lists gag_line() as an API function. It should probably say gag_current_line().

gag_line() doesn't actually do anything, gag_current_line() is what's in the api.js file, and gag_current_line() follows the naming conventions of the other current_line functions.

Edit: It looks like the weird script textbox resizing issue is back again too. If you paste this into the script textbox of an alias, it behaves really, really weirdly. It softwraps weirdly, the textbox ends up a weird size, moving the cursor between lines doesn't scroll the textbox correctly, etc:

send_command("config timeout 15", true);
    send_command("inr all", true);
    golden_touch.keep_gold_in_pack();
    send_command("qq", true);
    Taeltwo said:
    @Tecton

Found an error in the documentation. In http://nexus.ironrealms.com/Functions it lists gag_line() as an API function. It should probably say gag_current_line().

gag_line() doesn't actually do anything, gag_current_line() is what's in the api.js file, and gag_current_line() follows the naming conventions of the other current_line functions.

Edit: It looks like the weird script textbox resizing issue is back again too. If you paste this into the script textbox of an alias, it behaves really, really weirdly. It softwraps weirdly, the textbox ends up a weird size, moving the cursor between lines doesn't scroll the textbox correctly, etc:

send_command("config timeout 15", true);
    send_command("inr all", true);
    golden_touch.keep_gold_in_pack();
    send_command("qq", true);
    Documentation is updated!

I can't replicate your problem, the script box looks fine when I paste that snippet in. Can you screenshot the problem and email it through to me? Include your OS/Browser info too please.
  • @Tecton another documentation error: http://nexus.ironrealms.com/GMCP#Room is wrong. You actually receive a list of objects with the keys "name" and "fullname" (like the AddPlayer correctly mentions).

Also not sure why both examples have an exclamation mark after the examples...
    Keneanung said:
    @Tecton another documentation error: http://nexus.ironrealms.com/GMCP#Room is wrong. You actually receive a list of objects with the keys "name" and "fullname" (like the AddPlayer correctly mentions).

Also not sure why both examples have an exclamation mark after the examples...
    I'm not sure either, I'll get it sorted out.
  • edited March 2016
    @Tecton seems like current_line isn't being populated for use on onBlock functions
    edited March 2016
    Jhui said:
    @Tecton seems like current_line isn't being populated for use on onBlock functions
    Try client.current_line? If you don't need to check colours, current_text() might be the better option!
  • edited March 2016
    Tecton said:
    Jhui said:
    Try client.current_line? If you don't need to check colours, current_text() might be the better option!
    Still undefined, there is no client.current_text() either that is viewable when i do console.log(client).  Same with current_block which the documentation refers to.