Critical Role

Is there anybody else in this membrane flap who watches The Geek & Sundry D&D show 'Critical Role' on that YouTubes? It's such a frelling awesome campaign. I'm obsessed.

... I've never even played D&D! (but now I über super duper really want to)

How much nerdom can be contained in one question?

Comments

• I've watched the first couple of episodes, its a really great show. Haven't had time to watch more lately, unfortunately. I haven't played DnD yet either but I'me hoping a guy that we play board games with who has experience might offer to GM a game one day.
  • I tend to watch the comic shows :/

• If you want a D&D fix there is a great podcast called Critical Hit
  • Yeah, the episodes are LENGTHY. Where in the world are you, Jacen? I must find a group of people who are into this kind of thing. I would be stoked to find a DM like Matthew Mercer. His imagination is juicy.  

I haven't watched any of the comic shows on Geek & Sundry. I should check it out. Comics goood! Although, I read more graphic novels than I do comics now.

Critical Hit seems familiar. Who hosts the podcast?

• Oh, hi there... nice day we're havi-LIGHTNING BOLT!

Yes, I watch Critical Role. If I were a Bard, I'd be Scanlan... but I am not a Bard. Nor am I capable of being Scanlan. Oh well. I actually tend to watch it during the live Thursday airings... my body hates me for staying up till 3 am, but it's usually worth it. I like watching the critters freak out over something Grog did, or Scanlan's antics, or "reminding" Matt about the rules.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • I clearly need to watch this
  • I just started this series and I'm already hooked. It helps that I already recognise most of the voices, but the DM is also pretty great, as are the players.
  • Janna said:
    Yeah, the episodes are LENGTHY. Where in the world are you, Jacen? I must find a group of people who are into this kind of thing. I would be stoked to find a DM like Matthew Mercer. His imagination is juicy.  

I haven't watched any of the comic shows on Geek & Sundry. I should check it out. Comics goood! Although, I read more graphic novels than I do comics now.

Critical Hit seems familiar. Who hosts the podcast?

I'm in GA, USA. Around the Augusta area.
  • I watch it.

#NoMercyPercy #GrogtheVictorious

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Jukilian said:
    I clearly need to watch this
    Here's the background/character intro trailer for purpose of interest:

• edited March 2016
    OH MY SHIT. The last episode!?! WTFFFugggh~ ... ( ; ____ ; ) ... as all the Critters world wide weep. Beholders are bad news  :(

Emotions have been compromised.

I feel so empty inside.

• Yeah, I just finished watching the re-broadcast... because my body told me I couldn't fit in the full viewing one hour in(fortunately, my brain was right... since it was like, a five hour episode). Was not expecting that. At all. Always check for traps. I guess.
  • Good call body! I can't watch the re-broadcast :( (special privilages?) not that I can spare another 5 hours to live through it all again. What time zone are you in?
  • edited March 2016
    AST -- Atlantic Standard time(Canadian Maritimes). The re-broadcast is done generally Friday morning before their regular Friday scheduling, and sometime during the weekend on stream. The VODs are only available to subscribers, until the episode is posted to their website on Monday or so.