Wheel of Fortune Cooldown

As it stands, I've seen Lucianus just spam the wheel a few times it announced the 500 credit jackpot. I've also heard that Kiba does the same thing. It basically eliminates any chance for people with slower ping to win the 500 credits. What I'd like to see is a 10 second cooldown on wheel spins, so a single person can't just trigger it to get like 40/50 of the spins for jackpot. Alternatively, we could just have the wheel stop announcing when the next jackpot is due.

Comments

• Hold enter
  • Kiet said:
    Hold enter
    This. I don't think anyone would benefit from triggering, because they will always get beat out by people doing this. Also, when you do this, ping doesn't matter.
  • Worves said:
    As it stands, I've seen Lucianus just spam the wheel a few times it announced the 500 credit jackpot. I've also heard that Kiba does the same thing. It basically eliminates any chance for people with slower ping to win the 500 credits. What I'd like to see is a 10 second cooldown on wheel spins, so a single person can't just trigger it to get like 40/50 of the spins for jackpot. Alternatively, we could just have the wheel stop announcing when the next jackpot is due.
    The people who are spamming are people who bought tokens through the website.. id imagine some people go straight to the website to buy some on this message so they can help there chances. Doubt they'd change any of this because it's probably making people spend more...
  • Kiet said:
    Hold enter
    I literally pressed enter twice every 1 sec. Whole time I was like, "Cooome ooon.... you can beat those trigger people!"

@Worves name and shame is not cool man. I was worried other people had triggers cause two others were out- spinning me quick.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Triggers would actually be a lot slower than just pressing enter a lot.
  • edited March 2016
    Only like... 20/50 of my tokens were used too (I showed up early and already had tokens way before the lottery began). That spin frenzy was mad competitive with three people nearly taking turns with their enter key pressing/trigger spam. Been to most lottery spins and it's never been a one-sided gig. A whole lot of really close wins. Sometimes a random win by someone doing their daily free spin.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    It's not cool to name and shame people behaving in an ugly manner? >_>

One of the funniest things to happen last year was during Halloween... there's a cool down on buying seasonal items from the denizens because people used to just come in spam buy then resell them immediately at a premium, so you could only get something once very 15 seconds or so. You couldn't just lean on enter either because the denizen would actually say "I can't sell you another item yet soandso". On the last day, even though they were supposed to have stopped selling stuff, the denizen still had the trick or treat bags out for sale. Most of us got one or two bags and noticed they were empty. Then we sat there and laughed at the people who were still buying those empty bags on trigger. 

• edited March 2016
    Not sure what's ugly about spamming spin wheel. Thread is pretty pointless as a callout.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I dunno, I'm just sometimes faced with life choices where I think "I could do this, but I'm not sure if I will. Am I being an ass to the less fortunate if I do?" And if I can say 'yes', then I usually don't do it :/ 

• The less fortunate who don't have an enter key on their keyboard? :open_mouth: 
  • Lucianus should not be morally 'called out' for doing what that jackpot was intended to do. He seems like a decent guy who went to the wheel to do exactly what everyone else does or WANTS to do there. He spun and he won in a totally reasonable manner.

However, if you want to put a short cooldown on spins or some other sort of limiting factor then that may be interesting. Albeit, I feel that it would take away from the gambling urge than people experience on the wheel and would likely be at least a little bit detrimental to token sales. Maybe a good thing, but maybe not in IRE's best interest.

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Skye said:
    It's not cool to name and shame people behaving in an ugly manner? >_>

One of the funniest things to happen last year was during Halloween... there's a cool down on buying seasonal items from the denizens because people used to just come in spam buy then resell them immediately at a premium, so you could only get something once very 15 seconds or so. You couldn't just lean on enter either because the denizen would actually say "I can't sell you another item yet soandso". On the last day, even though they were supposed to have stopped selling stuff, the denizen still had the trick or treat bags out for sale. Most of us got one or two bags and noticed they were empty. Then we sat there and laughed at the people who were still buying those empty bags on trigger. 
    How do you even know if I am doing anything shady based on the limited amount of information you see from someone just dropping my name and lumping me into a group of people who actually do behave that way? Seriously. It's an unfair assumption. The poster didn't have to drop my name at all, and he even went so far as to add the name of another person (@Kiba ), who wasn't even present during that situation the lottery the poster was participating in. Even went so far as to say that it was based on a rumor he heard. Like what the heck is that about?

You guys are putting another person in a limelight with no knowledge or background on who they are and what they really had to go through to legitimately participate in an event like the lottery. Which is me... buying tokens way before the lottery even started and telling myself, "Hey, it'd be a good investment to hold onto them until the end of the month and only spin them whenever you see the lottery is up while you are online." Instead, you guys go out and lump me with the negative peeps who sit around and trigger everything to spin and win. Making a scapegoat out of someone and risk damaging their reputation and name within the community. That is not cool at all.

I don't even go that low. Even to people who have ganked me constantly in the past in another IRE game. Because I believe everybody, as human beings, deserve some kind of dignity to not be exposed to the public. Because I don't know them in real life. They might be good people. Heck, I went on to become best friends with infamously griefy players in other communities because I don't have a bias about what they do in-game and how it would relate to their true personality in real life. This forum /= the game. Integrity, dignity, and respect for one another matters if we are to build a good community to grow its playerbase in-game. Calling someone out does the exact opposite. It just creates assumptions and misinformation, and more toxicity later on because you are now completely basing your judgement on someone else 'what he said or she said' about that person. Just not cool. It'll never be cool.
  • I think the jackpot would be far more fun and interesting if it wasn't announced.
  • Sanna said:
    I think the jackpot would be far more fun and interesting if it wasn't announced.
    at least not at next 50 spins, probably next 150 spins. Spend more!