Ashtan

13»

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Drinkin rum with the peons, good times.

PS: @Taeltwo I asked people to join me for a serious talk about that subject you're referring to in a bar, because I felt that with a bit more direction and with people down talking face to face and taking turns we might actually get something more constructive than people grumbling at each other, and it worked.

It wasn't trying to mute it, anyone was welcome to join in. Was just trying to halt the spiral of turning into a mudslinging match and get something solid out of it.

Most of the time I'm up there making wise-ass remarks with the best of them, only ask people to tone it down when it gets to the point when it really gets out of hand, or if as in that situation it's something that could actually be sorted better another way.

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I made a new thread to discuss city channels and their appropriate uses. I do not want to derail this lovely thread.
  • Weird that Hashan is being cited as an example of quiet. I don't have more than a few weeks experience at most but just the other day there was a discussion on the city channel that lasted like 2.5 hours or something involving about 20 people.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Silence, slave!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Just wanted to shed a little more light and open up for more discussion a topic that has been under-emphasized - namely the nebulous new direction of Ashtan,  I would say that there's some difficulty out there defining 'Chaos' as an ethos or set of beliefs - most especially since I am specifically trying to avoid Freedom and self-actualization as relics of pre-Renaissance Ashtan. I'm currently trying to craft chaos as an interpretation of the idea of der Wille zur Macht (Nietschze's concept of the will to power) - here's a quick link for a primer - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_to_power.  And the idea of transcendence through the power of Chaos as the creation of the "Ubermensch" (commonly translated as the Superman - though the Transcendent Man would probably be better in today's spandex and cape ridden culture).  Much of this is covered in the coincidentally titled book Also Sprach Zarathustra - a coincidence of such monumental irony that I thought it worth sharing.