Voting for Achaea - A Must Read!

edited December 2015 in North of Thera
Voting for Achaea on Topmudsites.com helps us get more exposure and therefore more new players, which we all want.

To vote for Achaea:
  1. Go to http://achaea.com/vote
  2. You must click the big square that says 'Vote for this site and enter'. Otherwise, your vote doesn't count and doesn't help us.
(You get thanked for it in-game for just going to achaea.com/vote because that's the only part of the process we can actually track. Once you see the big square, you're on Topmudsites and we have no way of knowing if you actually click the square. But if you don't, it doesn't help us!)
  • You can vote every 12 hours. Topmudsites will not tell you if your vote counts or not, however. To be sure you're getting two votes counted a day, it's ideally best to vote about every 8 hours.
  • If you have multiple people in your household voting be aware that duplicate votes from the same wifi network won't count
    • Note that voting via a cell signal and vs. a wifi network will both count, which is one way of dealing with the above. They'll both count, every 12 hours.
    • Same with votes from different wifi networks. Each wifi network can be used to vote twice per day.
  • It's one vote per 12 hours per network, not per game. So, you can't vote on a particular wifi network more than once every 12 hours - if you vote for multiple games in that 12 hours from that network, only the first vote will count.

Want to make it really easy to vote from your phone?

• iPhone:
    • Go to achaea.com/vote
    • Click the 'share' button (the little square with an arrow pointing up).
    • Select 'Add to Home Screen' from the bottom row of options.
  • Android:
    • Go to achaea.com/vote
    • Click on the three little dots/hamburger menu in the upper right.
    • Select 'Add to Home Screen'
  • Now when you want to vote, just tap the icon, then tap the 'Vote for this site and enter' square. Boom. 
  • Remember that your phone can be used to vote twice a day from any wifi network or your cell signal.

Voting on Mudconnector's top list

There's also another list you can vote for us on that's not nearly as useful, but it doesn't hurt for us to be on it either. This is the Mudconnector top list, and you can vote for us here:
http://achaea.com/tmcvote

Note that in order to vote for TMC, you have to create an account and be logged in to vote. You can see why it's not as useful of a voting list, though once you create an account it's simple enough. 

Comments

• Is it possible to create an alias "Vote" and it opens the webpage for you?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    @Gamden: this might help

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Auto-voting is explicitly against the rules, yeah. Please don't do it. 
  • Btw, I'm going to be pruning posts more than a couple days old from this thread to keep it short, so that it's easy for people to read both the initial post and the continuing posts.
  • edited January 2016
    Just a note guys: Definitely focus your voting on Topmudsites, but it'd also be helpful for people who just can't get enough voting to create an account on Mudconnector and vote there once a day. achaea.com/tmcvote will take you to Achaea's vote link there if you're logged in, or to a login/account creation screen if you're not. Once you make an account and check the leave myself logged in box it's easy to vote. I just have a shortcut on my phone next to my TMS shortcut.

• Question - is it possible to vote for more than one IRE game in each voting period? If not, is it preferred that we vote for Achaea each time or does it matter?
  • Only one vote per person counts per voting period. Obviously, vote for Achaea!
  • Thanks! Was wondering if it helps IRE as a whole to vote for the other games (more exposure?) or Achaea (because we deserve #1, dammit). I appreciate the quick clarification! :)
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Sarapis said:
    Just a note guys: Definitely focus your voting on Topmudsites, but it'd also be helpful for people who just can't get enough voting to create an account on Mudconnector and vote there once a day. achaea.com/tmcvote will take you to Achaea's vote link there if you're logged in, or to a login/account creation screen if you're not. Once you make an account and check the leave myself logged in box it's easy to vote. I just have a shortcut on my phone next to my TMS shortcut.

Am I crazy, or didn't votes for TMC's top contenders (Armageddon and Aardwolf) top out in the 900's for the year-end total in December? (Average 80 votes per month) This year they've hit 200+ in 15 days. Our efforts to top these charts are not going unnoticed.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    Sarapis said:

Am I crazy, or didn't votes for TMC's top contenders (Armageddon and Aardwolf) top out in the 900's for the year-end total in December? (Average 80 votes per month) This year they've hit 200+ in 15 days. Our efforts to top these charts are not going unnoticed.
    I'm unsure if TMC runs for a full year or not. I suspect it's more like 2-3 months, but we'll see I guess. I vote every day on TMC though!
  • http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-sarapis.html

February voting is upon us as of a few minutes ago! Let's do it 
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Looks like we're slipping a bit in the TMC votes, but things are so close there that we can easily jump back up to near the top! http://www.achaea.com/tmcvote to cast your vote today!
  • Threshold is beating us. Tis a sad day in the world of muds.

Neat fact - Voting will make you grow hair on your chest, for all you manly men out there.

The more you know!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Make Achaea great again! 

#voting2016 #buildthatwallpressdatbutton

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • 16 votes and we can jump over aardwolf!
  • And just like that the lead was gone. We were like 6 votes away at one point. :(
  • It's always close when the vote counter resets, then the gap grows quickly.

• Kythra said:
    And just like that the lead was gone. We were like 6 votes away at one point. :(

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7dc1343a-4b0a-47f4-8341-32c940ab6fd0
  • Ainly said:
    Kythra said:
    And just like that the lead was gone. We were like 6 votes away at one point. :(

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7dc1343a-4b0a-47f4-8341-32c940ab6fd0
    More like this

You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • On my phone, if I go to the voting site through Chrome, I do not get any Thank you, Calaurn message and the game keeps reminding me to vote at intervals (and no, it's not the twelve hour period thing). If I go to voting site through Firefox on my phone, everything works fine and no reminders. I still get to the topmudsite mud listing in either case after clicking vote and enter. I use Lensdroid client.
  • We have been sitting at 3rd all month, remember to vote!
  • Voting is reset! Help get us to the top!
  • Keep it up! it is about to reset! If we can get a lot of people to start voting next month we might be able to hit #1
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Chop chop
    Vote everyone! 
    Come on!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I like to vote. Only time I didn't regularly vote was when I was annoyed by something a few years ago. I'm still annoyed by it, but what the heck. ;) 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Just click the link, and click the next link. Do it.

• Some of y'all....