PK Flag

This may very well be a bad idea, and if so, I apologize in advance for wasting forum space. I am not too proud to admit that I have those on occasion!

It would be nice to have some sort of system that would flag a person open pk. In the past, some players used to join mark just to open themselves to random pk. This is obviously not what was intended with the mark system.

Thoughts?
Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

Comments

• Since "cause" was removed, this isn't required any more. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited March 2016
    Not entirely true. You still need a valid reason to kill someone. You just can't pull something like 'Well you attacked me 3 months ago, so now I'm gonna kill you' which is what 'cause people' did.

You can't follow Lusternia playstyle, and just go kill someone for being an enemy of your city, then get away with it. Unless of course they've been causing shit in your city recently.

• Join the Mark.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The easiest solution is joining the mark, yeah. But if you can't complete contracts then you are going to ge thrown off. Also, knowing that people join the mark sometimes just to be open pk makes me want to hire them less. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    The easiest solution is joining the mark, yeah. But if you can't complete contracts then you are going to ge thrown off. Also, knowing that people join the mark sometimes just to be open pk makes me want to hire them less. 
    You can still dictate who gets your contract. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I wish there was a better and more visible flag system other than infamy for those that don't want to go balls out as a mark and get opened up to potential griefing.

I believe city soldiers should always be open pk while inside of a city, home city especially. I also hate it when a non participant or non comm accidentally gets killed in a skirmish, which opens someone up to a potential likely upheld bullshit issue. Non coms get especially venomous about this type of stuff and when someone is lingering in an area where a battle is taking place sometimes shit happens. Unfortunately, any type of system I can think of, like a way to indemnify of whatever which I believe already exists, would ruin anything that happens on the fly.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited March 2016
    No thanks to city soldiers being always open pk. >.>
    That would just mean city soldiers can't relax on their cities without worrying about someone else who might be bored trying to jump them again and again.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Jemaine said:
    I wish there was a better and more visible flag system other than infamy for those that don't want to go balls out as a mark and get opened up to potential griefing.
    For the most part, I don't see any Marks doing this anymore.

This isn't 2009 where everyone is grief-hungry. We're all pretty good about doing our business and moving on. I duel Marks all the time, and it's never griefy or anything like that.

Usually falls back on how you treat people, in regards to how you get treated.

• Shirszae said:
    No thanks to city soldiers being always open pk. >.>
    That would just mean city soldiers can't relax on their cities without worrying about someone else who might be bored trying to jump them again and again.
    Yeah you're probably right honestly. :(
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Atalkez said:
    Jemaine said:
    I wish there was a better and more visible flag system other than infamy for those that don't want to go balls out as a mark and get opened up to potential griefing.

This isn't 2009 where everyone is grief-hungry. We're all pretty good about doing our business and moving on. I duel Marks all the time, and it's never griefy or anything like that.

Man I remember my first time going mark (not on Ahmet) and I got the shit griefed out of me by pretty much all of the A team at the time, plus half of Mhaldor. Couldn't step outside <cityname redacted> without getting slaughtered.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Bring back old mark system pls
  • Ahmet said:
    Atalkez said:
    Jemaine said:

Man I remember my first time going mark (not on Ahmet) and I got the shit griefed out of me by pretty much all of the A team at the time, plus half of Mhaldor. Couldn't step outside <cityname redacted> without getting slaughtered.
    Same here, back in the days I was a pretty sad story though. I just got my fresh copy of Vadi nexus, bought my little buckawns spine thought I was about to be a badass barely knowing jack about combat. Every single mark on mark who killed me at least once and the more griefy marks wouldn't even let me walk out of my city without hunting me down.
  • I remember griefing new marks <3 Good times!
  • Kiet said:
    I remember griefing new marks <3 Good times!
    Man that was the best tradition. In fact, I can't remember who, but I remember someone getting mad respect for joining a Mark, walking to NoT, announcing his membership and basically shouting "COME AT ME BRO" to take his beatings like a man.

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    It's been said before, but I wouldn't mind an opt-in "infamy" so that I could flag myself as willing to throw down, without having to bother with contracts. I don't really have an interest in hunting/fighting people who don't want to fight me, just a willingness to brawl with those who do.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Achaea fight club.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Cynlael said:
    Achaea fight club.
    Rule 1, Cynlael, rule 1.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Cynlael said:
    Achaea fight club.
    Rule 1, Cynlael, rule 1.
    And rule two.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Excuse me for sounding like the senile old timer with war stories but when I first went Mark on Sobby I had Cain choke me from various spots around Hashan and lost around 14 levels. I'd be lying to say I wasn't pissed but did start to hold my own against some folk and the attacks dropped off. I only really got jumped by three people after that, Santar mainly though. Might have been something to do with me obliterating him for a contract. The Achaea playerbase in general has matured I think, there is more respect these days even if it doesn't feel like it at times

• Aerek said:
    It's been said before, but I wouldn't mind an opt-in "infamy" so that I could flag myself as willing to throw down, without having to bother with contracts. I don't really have an interest in hunting/fighting people who don't want to fight me, just a willingness to brawl with those who do.
    DUELWHO ?

• edited March 2016
    I understand why it was changed, but even as someone who was (and largely is) terrible at combat, joining Mark made for some of the funnest times I can remember. I used it as a way to add danger to the world and to add something to the roleplay of trying to stay undetected while I did normal things and for the challenge of trying to escape gank attempts (which was particularly challenging against the Otha ganksquad).

I do sort of wish there were still an option for something more like that. Someone who doesn't care about combat, but wants to PvP can join Mark, suck it up, and take the occasional contract. But your only real option if you want the kind of experience I had is to try to become infamous, which isn't necessarily what you're aiming for and eventually has no real off-button.

I'm glad there's no PvP flag that lets you opt out of player conflict, but it would be sort of nice if there were an easier way to opt in.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Sobriquet said:
    Aerek said:
    DUELWHO ?
    That requires me to check it constantly, and doesn't come with the sense of danger that Tael describes above. I don't have much reason to jump anyone, and I don't really enjoy fighting people who don't want to fight me back, (thus Mark doesn't appeal) but I generally don't mind being jumped; it's good to keep me on my toes, and keeps the game from getting boring. Duels don't do that, they're just arena spars with XP gain/loss.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited March 2016
    Aerek said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Aerek said:
    DUELWHO ?
    That requires me to check it constantly, and doesn't come with the sense of danger that Tael describes above. I don't have much reason to jump anyone, and I don't really enjoy fighting people who don't want to fight me back, (thus Mark doesn't appeal) but I generally don't mind being jumped; it's good to keep me on my toes, and keeps the game from getting boring. Duels don't do that, they're just arena spars with XP gain/loss.
    Even marks don't jump each other out of no reasons these days. Jinsun had only jumped me when I hold relics despite the fact that I am a mark and open pk.

The best option is still to either hold a relic or go down UW/Annwyn. Or we can have more open pk areas. But after a while people won't jump you in UW/Annwyn too... Cos in the end of the day we are all friends. 

Time for JUMPWHO, to invite jumps to say 'I am bored, you are my friend please jump me'. So that jumping like this becomes a friendly fun act instead of being taken as conflict or grief.

So that I could still get jumped despite having everyone as friend, and that u don't have to maintain a conflict stand just to invite jumps, and you can jump your friends knowing that they won't get mad cos they invited it, and you get thanked over responding to their JUMPWHO. 

And make it that when you are on JUMPWHO it bypasses Cyrene's rule of no duel between Cyrenians (pfft)!  So if you see me on JUMPWHO welcome too. 

Hope this opens up new fun. 
  • SHOUT For the next X days feel free to attack me if you see me.
  • I appreciate try-hard ganks. They make me all bubbly inside. (NOT YOU @Seragorn FK OCCIES WITH EQ GEM!)