Amsterdam Meetup, 10 years later!

So, I for one, totally wanna see you guys again!

Is anyone left? Is anyone still around?

More importantly; Who wants to go have a beer, and re-visit the Camping Ijburg in Amsterdam we did with 30 of us a decade ago?!

Lots of hugs!
Mono <3

Comments

• Sure I'll drop by and buy you a beer!
  • Hnnnng plane ticket... let me see what i can do!
  • I could and would, depending on when :awesome: 
  • Tempting! Sounds like fun.
  • I didn't go 10 years ago, but might be tempted to go this time depending on the specifics (mainly the date).
  • Awesome you guys! 

I'm thinking maybe June? Last time we did it at the camping, Ijburg, which was awesome for sitting outside, BBQing, and drinking games. I think we stayed for 2 nights? They also have little cabins, so if you're not big on sleeping in a tent there's tiny little rooms that are super cheap, and on the camping site!

What say you? I'm already excited! :D
  • Sure! 

Disclaimer: as long as work don't get in the way. Weekends should be safe. Too old for tents. Need hotel, servants, jacuuzi and such.
  • Rangor said:
    Sure! 

Disclaimer: as long as work don't get in the way. Weekends should be safe. Too old for tents. Need hotel, servants, jacuuzi and such.
    I was thinking a bungalow park, as we're not 16 year olds anymore ^_^ 

That also has swimming pools and nice outside areas, and cute little houses, warm beds, and kitchens too! We can hang out at each other's bungalow and such, whereas hotel is purely bed-only and we'd need to eat/party outdoors which can get expensive.

Friday - Sunday? 
  • Rangor said:
    Sure! 

I thought the IC speaker of Eleusis would riot against cabins :anguished: 
  • Well i'm down for bungalows. But I think we need a place that wouldn't mind a bit of unfamily like behaviour.
  • Yeah. We Eleusians can get a bit savage, down to earth, groovy and so on.
  • We'll order you a straightjacket Rangor.
  • Perfect!

I'm thinking June-July.

What say the others?
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Sounds like fun! I wasn't there, but I remember seeing photos. Can I join? :awesome: 

• Utianima said:
    Sounds like fun! I wasn't there, but I remember seeing photos. Can I join? :awesome: 
    Hell yes!! :D 
    Mononokey said:
    Utianima said:
    Hell yes!! :D 
    Great! Put me up as a definite maybe (probably yes). I can not the weekend 25th-27th of June (wedding anniversary). Other dates in June/July should be good, if we determine the dates early enough.

Is there any progress on this? Looks like the first weekend of July might be an issue for me aswell. How about later in July, or earlier in June?

• I'm leaning towards earlier, July is so freaking far away.

Early June?
  • What if you didn't go then because you were really young and from America with no money, but now you can because you're getting a fancy new job with moar monies?
  • You can come Batista, but I'm not sure if they will have a forge there.
  • edited March 2016
    It's okay, American flight security allows things to make weapons, just not the weapons themselves. I'll bring my own.
  • Batista said:
    What if you didn't go then because you were really young and from America with no money, but now you can because you're getting a fancy new job with moar monies?
    Then you should definitely come.

Early June probably works for me. I'll be finishing up a project at work middle of May, so not entirely sure what my work load is going to be like, but if I have enough notice I can just schedule around being away for a (long?) weekend.
  • I guess this means Amsterdam is now the official site of Rasslefest 2016.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Rangor said:
    You can come Batista, but I'm not sure if they will have a forge there.
    The steel mill and blast furnaces of IJmuiden are not that far from Amsterdam. Just follow the canal.

Mononokey said:
    I'm leaning towards earlier, July is so freaking far away.

Early June?

Suddenly it seems like second or third weekend of June is best for me. Maybe we can make a poll?

• Okay everyone, respond please, here or let me know IC.

FIRST WEEKEND OF JUNE, AMSTERDAM MEETUP !

So that's 3, 4 and 5 June, 2016

All in favor, say Aye!

If we've got enough people I'll start looking at locations and what we'll be doing. 

<3
    edited March 2016
    Damn!... Seems I forgot a plan (it wasn't on our calendar at home) for the first weekend of June :( So sowwy!

But I can the third weekend of June.

• I can set any weekend to Amsterdam. 
  • Is it 10 years already? Damn. Thi and I are in. Lets party.