What do you spend your gold on?

SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
edited February 2016 in North of Thera
I wanted to do the poll here but the forums don't give you much by way of poll options or multiple selections :(

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll594872x80554289-25

Go nuts!

Comments

• Fizzy lemonade!

• Hookers and blow

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
  • I spend gold on hunting for gold so I have more gold to spend on keeping me hunting for gold. It's a vicious cycle. The rest I spend on family
  • Credits and random stuff like pink whips
  • Credits, sigils and armour (because it can't be made non-decay). Everything else I either still have huge stocks of or I can obtain myself through tradeskills.
  • Damn suddenly it feels so uni dimensional. I spend 99% on credits. 
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Boats. Watchman.

• Tongue Training.
  • Everything! Except curatives, I don't need to pay for those. But everything else is on the list

• I usually just spend my gold on amassing more gold. Though the change in mining and the directory has kind of made me lose interest in playing the rich tycoon anymore. We'll be fighting an uphill battle now and I've no interest in working hard to build businesses anymore if they're just going to be run into the ground by changes in the game. I've been playing the long game for hundreds of years, slowly amassing wealth. It can still be done during promotions and such but, meh, I'm approaching the end game for wealth anyway, I've 4-5 classes, ships, houses, shops, nearly every artifact and shop-of-wonder item I can use (and some I can't), I've got hundreds of talisman pieces, 3k+ credits, 10 million+ gold and 250 or so rare minerals and 15k+ of just about every mineral and herb. I've got a stockrooms with rare collectibles and 20 or so crates filled with mini pets. I'm not sure what to spend gold on anymore. 

#humblebrag

Im retiring from mining the more profitable lodes, going to give up my #1 ranking spot. If I mine it will likely just be coal and I'll assault expensive mines that are at 90% completion for a quick payout. We'll see how terribly the directory crashes the curative market, I may rent my shop out if it gets too bad. I'm not going to go around harvesting and extracting to make beans for it. 
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    tea            
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    So far most of the results have been as expected. Except the number of you using hookers and complaining about your gold-digging boyfriends/girlfriends. >_> y'all just lucky this poll is anonymous.

• I don't spend my gold, I bury it in a random place in 100k caches. Then I get too lazy to dig it back up and just trade credits for fills or whatever else I need. I don't know how many times I've done it over 13ish? Years of playing khairt but good luck and God bless if you find some of them.

• Treasure hunts have probably taken care of that by now, @Khairt
  • Tahquil said:
    Tongue Training.
    Kinky.

I spend mine on elixirs and curatives. Sometimes, credz.
  • Refills and potash. I'm currently hoarding it all in a bank while considering the thought of buying a ship. Though, I am unsure about that since seafaring is a major undertaking.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• I think I am backwards. I spend my credits to get gold. I don't spend my gold to get credits....
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Most interesting result of this poll would have to be the pinpointed location, down to the precise building, of all the answering Achaeans... :/
  • Krypton said:
    Most interesting result of this poll would have to be the pinpointed location, down to the precise building, of all the answering Achaeans... :/
    Huh, only accurate to the city for mine, unless I did this on the bus. I don't remember, but I don't think so.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited February 2016
    Yeah same, only accurate to the city for me. The actual green location lands in a main downtown part of the area, of which I am no where near.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Valkyn said:
    Krypton said:
    Huh, only accurate to the city for mine, unless I did this on the bus. I don't remember, but I don't think so.
    Apparently at my home in surburbia, it says that I am currently in the middle of the City answering the poll, I think it's a little off hahaha

• It doesn't show any responses in my state, let alone city.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Same here. Same city, but way way way way way way off the mark, and I am fairly sure I am the only one here from Dominican Republic (Or even the Caribbean and South America, from the looks of it)

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Same here. Same city, but way way way way way way off the mark, and I am fairly sure I am the only one here from Dominican Republic (Or even the Caribbean and South America, from the looks of it)
    Sounds like we all need to tap you up for a holiday location :)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Shirszae said:
    There are a few other players from South America here that I know of.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Looks like we had another Irish voter.... I'm intrigued
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Xaden said:
    Looks like we had another Irish voter.... I'm intrigued
    #vpnOP
    Huh. Neat.
  • Aw snap I see someone nearby in West Palm also reppin SoFlo. #gunshinestate