Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Directory fixes/updates

2»

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,169 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm simply pointing out things as they are not as they should be. For example, the reality here is that veils are going to stay and we may be waiting a long time before we ever see a fix to the economy (if ever or at all).

All I'm pointing out here is an amendment a small QoL feature which is easier to address immediately.

Except for credits, shopping between players isn't actually expensive right now. It's not as though you're getting fleeced at every shop. In the current situation, business owners aren't demanding the right to price high, they're imploring not to give more encouragement to people who will impulsively undercut from a reasonable price range.

AerekMelodieShirszaeBlujixapug
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,840 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That's a pretty poor bandaid fix though, and wont solve the problem. It'll make it marginally more difficult (by a very tiny amount), if at all. Focus long term. Sure, it'll take time, but won't it be better to finally solve the actual problem of excess resources? Short term fixes are a bad metality to have in general
  • RodhelRodhel Member Posts: 40
    To be fair, plants / slices in Aetolia all pretty much go for 1 gold each which is literally 5 x cheaper than everything I've seen here. I'm not saying that this is in any way related to the economy but it's something I noticed immediately. (Though gold is also like 50 x easier to get too).
    Kayeil
  • GrandueGrandue Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    One of the biggest disadvantages to the economy is that there really is no consequences to running a failing business. In the real world you can't just start a business and then undercut everyone and keep undercutting until you are losing your ass and then continue to run your business that way. You'll starve, you'll be unable to purchase the wholesale goods, etc. At some point you'll say, "Shit... I'm doing all of this work and taking all of this risk and in reality I'm losing money... I could make more money working at McDonald's at minimum wage." This prevents RL people from running certain goods into the ground by continuing to undercut each other, there is a price floor and you're forced to stay above that floor or go hungry. 

In Achaea, however, you can run an unprofitable business indefinitely, with no consequences. People can harvest 24 hours a day and sell them at 1g per and completely crash the herb market and be no worse off because of it. If they actually NEED gold they can go bash for an hour or swipe a credit card and sell some credits. There is no fear of loss, no fear of failure. There is nothing to lose. Because of this it makes running a successful business difficult in Achaea. All it takes is one person who hasn't calculated their time/profit correctly or one person who doesn't value their time at all to really screw up the market price. 
    SkyeShirszaeAerekJacero
  • MatiasMatias Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    If the price drops below a level that you are happy charging, then it is time to get out of the business.
Sign In to Comment.