Mudlet: Displaying Information

How do you get information to be displayed like on the Nexus client? I switched over to Mudlet after hearing a few people recommend it, but it's just a big window with text. Playing around and with some help I managed to get the map to come up, but it's huge and takes up half the screen unlike the corner map on Nexus. Is setting it up to where I can have information displayed to my preference like in Nexus something that can be reasonably accomplished for an amateur?

Comments

• It's not an easy feat to create a GUI for yourself, however there are GUIs that are available for free. For example http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/3677/free-full-gui or http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/3699/diablo3-gui and there might be some other links (and ideas) in http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1606/lets-see-your-gui
  • So I gave the first one a go and it was pretty easy to set up. I like that it has the information across the top, but if I wanted to add something like that world date and time to that area, how would I go about doing something like that?

And in the event I wanted to use the svfo single-prompt, is there a way to make that stationary just above the mana/health bars? I would love to not have prompt spam. Starting to hurt my eyes. X.x
  • It's going to take some learning, no doubt. The best bet is to make a duplicate profile and play around with settings. I figured out how to tweak zulah's gui that way, and by looking at how it sets things up I was able to add and remove boxes, or more them, etc.

• I've got that part more or less figured out, I just don't know where to start in regards to specifying what information I want pulled from the game to be displayed on the client. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • Here's what I have set up so far. I'd like to be able to add information to the top part such as separation of gold between holding and packs, and maybe lessons as well. For the bottom I'd like to be able to use svfo single prompt but have it captured and station airy above the health/mana bars. 

• If you’d like to customize the singleprompt in code, the Geyser object used for it is svo.bottompromptwith a custom :reposition() function to keep it at the bottom of the screen. Here’s an example on setting one, create a new script after Svof’s scripts (or use the svo system loaded event) and put this in:

function svo.bottomprompt:reposition()
        local width,height = calcFontSize(svo.conf.singlepromptsize or 11)
        local x,y,w,h = self:get_x(), self:get_y(), self:get_width(), self:get_height()
        moveWindow(self.name, self:get_x(), self:get_y()-(height+(height/3)))
        resizeWindow(self.name, self:get_width(), self:get_height())
    end

For the information up top regarding gold, and lessons, you need to understand how to use GMCP. You can check out mData by Trevize which helps understanding/utilizing GMCP a bit easier. 

What you can do is echo something like this:  
       topLabelLessons:echo("Lessons: "..to.number(gmcp.Char.Status.Lessons), nil, "c")
    -- topLabelLessons would be whatever the name of your label is, for the lesson echo. 

• KahKah
    edited February 2016
    I really like the above GUI. I've been trying to make mudlet match the HTML 5 client.

Does anyone know how to add a window inbetween the Battle Rage commands and the prompt updates window in the above GUI to show people/denizens in the room you are in?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Kah said:
    I really like the above GUI. I've been trying to make mudlet match the HTML 5 client.

Does anyone know how to add a window inbetween the Battle Rage commands and the prompt updates window in the above GUI to show people/denizens in the room you are in?
    Do you need the code to create / insert the window? Do you need the code to get the names / items? Do you need both?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Both, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to scripting this stuff. I can tweak existing code if it makes sense to me but that is about it for now
  • Actually I think I got it! Now I just gotta figure out how to get the map to zoom in. Scrolling with the mouse wheel does nothing and neither does clicking on the map
  • The Map on Zulah's GUI seems to have something behind it. I disabled the seamapper function because I thought that might be it, but when I did that, the border around it disappeared and I could see something sitting behind it. I'm thinking maybe that is the cause.
  • Dairon said:
    If you’d like to customize the singleprompt in code, the Geyser object used for it is svo.bottompromptwith a custom :reposition() function to keep it at the bottom of the screen. Here’s an example on setting one, create a new script after Svof’s scripts (or use the svo system loaded event) and put this in:

function svo.bottomprompt:reposition()
        local width,height = calcFontSize(svo.conf.singlepromptsize or 11)
        local x,y,w,h = self:get_x(), self:get_y(), self:get_width(), self:get_height()
        moveWindow(self.name, self:get_x(), self:get_y()-(height+(height/3)))
        resizeWindow(self.name, self:get_width(), self:get_height())
    end

Getting the error icon when trying to save this script. Am I missing something? Not very code savvy really.