Seafaring PVE

12346»

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    She did clear sails fully. And it was one of the weaker seamonsters, but I found it odd because someone who was well over her levels was receiving noticeable exp.

Also, on a side note, shouldn't maintaining hull and sails qualify someone to receive exp if it doesnt already?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Just a couple of notes:

- loading ship weapons does not qualify you for gaining xp

- if the sails fall under 30% you can't swing up into the rigging because it's to weak. HOWEVER, if you are already in the rigging you can't swing down and get stuck there.

For or the rigging thing can we have it so if you are in the rigging and sail health drops below 30 it drops you down to the deck? 

• there's no reason to have loaders anymore anyway.

load ballista with dart|fire ballista at seamonster

all nice and neat at once.
  • I know, that why I don't offer a potential solution. Was just a "just so you know" point
  • Can we have firing weapons NOT be a channeled action where you have to pause? Firing a weapon already takes a long time (more when multiple weapons fire), so you can be paused for a good while. It's kind of inane when hell's raining down upon you in the form of a dragon attack that does 3k damage. At least let us sip
  • Skye said:
    So.... the infamous ship sinking leviathan. As seen from a distance while running the hell away:

Adjusting your spyglass for greater detail, you see:
    The sheer size of this oceanic leviathan defies all mortal perception. The mind only processes fragments: a vast blackness that blots out the sea, howling winds that follow the rippling of its oily outer membrane, a submerged presence that sucks the air from your lungs. The mindless, formless heaving and thrashing of the beast crafts tidal waves and whips the air into a hurricane-like frenzy of destruction.
    A legendary leviathan appears to be brimming with health.

D:

Such imagery, much coolness :no_mouth: What's the current payout for killing seamonsters and where do they spawn? Think I might sell my cutter for a strider.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I think the low challenge denizens have a good reward level as the risk is minimal. However, the higher ones that can easily sink a strider seem to not quite have the rewards to justify the risks and additional time to kill them. Other than the personal challenge, the incentive is to stick to the small stuff as one sink and I'm down at least 25k in tokens.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited February 2016
    I haven't seen -all- the monsters yet, (seen the Mysia monsters, some Tapoa monsters, and hag/warship/picaroon/ketea, but still missing about 8 monsters out of 20 from my dossier) but the harder ones do give decent experience in my opinion. One of our level 97 guys walked away with 5% and about 20k after an hour or two of the hard ones, after splitting it with 3 people. That's not as much as you'd get hunting Vertani, Istarion, or Annwyn/UW for the same length of time, but I think it's fair to point out that hunting denizens are a limited resource, where you can farm monsters endlessly, so it's reasonable that monsters don't surpass high-level hunting.

On the low end of the spectrum, a level 70 came out with us, gained an entire level in an hour, and earned more gold (again after a 3-way split) than he ever could amass hunting on the continent in his weightclass, and at pretty minimal risk to himself. (Since monster attacks seem flat % based; no more dangerous to him than to us at level 99) So high-level monster hunting for 60-80s is pretty fantastic.

I'd say some marginal tweaks might be in order, but nothing drastic. The "medium" critters that I've run into south of Tapoa seem pointless; much more dangerous than the "kiddie pools", but the payout and xp is basically the same. High-level monsters like hags/warships/picaroons could be increased a bit; rewards for crews of 3 are fair, but 4+ makes returns pretty sad. Still, I can handle those harder monsters with a good crew of 3 just fine, so if the rewards for that are too good, farming them endlessly could get out of hand.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Definitely, the draw is to the younger people as its a lot more gold then they could make with their traditional hunting skillsets. I wonder if we will start seeing some transing Seafaring before their class skills.
    Not at all happy with the change to the respawning rate of monster. Seriously, what the hell?

And fixed <3