Quick Coding Questions

Comments

• If I were to create a function that just loops restoration on legs to prevent dying to axekick spam, is there a way to get it to terminate on a torso break(via diagnose) or a limb break then restart once that is cured?
    You can, but you shouldn't do this unless you want to die to kai criple, or want to never be able to attack due to broken arms.

• edited February 2016
    Doh, of course. Thanks @Cooper. I guess I'll dust off SLC then manually pre-apply.

Edit : though, kai cripple on pre-restoration apply into mangling leg breaks is pretty deadly too.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Doh, of course. Thanks @Cooper. I guess I'll dust off SLC then manually pre-apply.

Edit : though, kai cripple on pre-restoration apply into mangling leg breaks is pretty deadly too.
    Better off pre-applying on arm or torso break once, and auto tumbling on the first break. Maybe a tumble cancel in there, if only one leg broken. A few ways to work on it.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I have some pretty solid ideas of how I want it to function but no idea how to get it off the ground.

*Affliction tracker

*Limb counter

*Queuing system

Functions/table are the best I hear if you know how to use them. I just learned about 'return' which I can use to grab a variable. Maybe I could use these to toggle certain attack strings?
  • Affliction tracker: Going to need logic based on the stacks available. If they have clumsiness/asthma/weariness and eat kelp, you will need to be able to make an educated guess as to which one was cured, things like that.

Limb Counter: Depends on class, all classes use different formula for breaking limbs. Personally I would try to focus on the %s of limb damage versus trying to force the %s into whole integer numbers.

Queue system: Game has one built in that works rather well. Outside of that, not sure I can offer any help there.

Overall, my biggest suggest would be to make your curing priority class-dependent. IE: Have a separate curing scenario for Apostate than you do for Serpent, for instance. You can use GMCP to parse affliction information, load that into a table, then use that table to determine your next move with events, etc etc.

Hope this helped!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Atalkez I do like the idea of separate curing scenarios or even different curing prios for that matter. Do you use Svof/Wunders or just stock severside? How might I use GMCP to acquire this goal. You also said to determine my next move with events? Do you mean raiseEvents? I'm not too sure how they are used.
  • I use a bastardized version of wundersys that I've added my own stuff to over the last 2 years or so. 

You need to reference the gmcp.Char.Affliction group.
    Remove, is obviously the most recent affliction that was cured
    Add, is the most recent affliction that was added
    List is your diagnose

Some afflictions are hidden from gmcp, and can only be seen from Diagnose.

Yeah, I was referring to raiseEvents. You use the event to call the situation. I'm probably not the best to explain it in-depth as I am still learning, but that's what I use!

• Is there a crib sheet for correlating Mudlet's colours to the in game colour numbers? I'm trying to sync deathsights to a tabbed window using a colour trigger and in game I have it set to 15/1 (red background, white foreground) - but matching light white to light red, and every other combination of white/red I've tried isn't picking it up. Halp!
  • I think you can use COLOURS in-game, to see the numbers.

You can also use the showColors() function for mudlet. (lua showcolors() or vlua showcolors() depending on if you use svo)

• edited February 2016
    @Rodhel, I made a table a long time ago of the RGB values of the colors available. A copy of it is available here. Hopefully the comments explain it in enough detail, but if it doesn't, feel free to ask questions.
  • I misread your post. Your trigger condition looks like this, right? Foreground is set to "Light White", background set to "Red".
  • edited February 2016
    Yes that's right, and I have 15/1 set in Achaea which should match.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Fixed now, thanks for the help and sorry to waste time.
  • Does anyone know what causes these random disengages? : https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/4a137b7d

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Some kind of bug, haven't been able to identify a cause.
  • So in mudlet, I have my main text window and an adjustable mapper window.  I know that I can make boxes that hold text with geyser but to my memory I don't think they're adjustable.  Is it possible to add an adjustable window in Mudlet, that can be moved around with the mouse?
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • I found it, it was under user dockable windows. :)
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • edited February 2016
    could someone help me with my aliases I'm creating one for combination attack but I can't figure out how to target the sword attack
    send("COMBINATION rend smash "..target) I'm using a tower shield and longsword
    Also using Mudlet

• combination target sword shield venom

Iirc this is the syntax, not IG to check

• Atalkez said:
    combination target sword shield venom

Iirc this is the syntax, not IG to check
    yeah that's right but how can i put the target in. Everytime I try it inside the brackets nothing i just get that bug on it saying it doesn't make sense or whatever
  • send("clearqueue all+queue add eqbal COMBINATION " ..target ..swordattack ..limbtarget ..shieldattack)

I have macros that change the sword/limb/shield attack. Venom would go before shieldattack if you wanted to use an in-line venom.

• send("clearqueue all+queue add eqbal COMBINATION " ..target.." "..swordattack.." "..limbtarget.." "..shieldattack)

Need to add the spaces in quotes, otherwise you'll get something like "COMBINATION eldrendsmash". Also, is "+" recognized syntax in Achaea? Haven't seen it before.
  • Might be his command separator @Eld.
  • Or his function sets swordattack to " slice " rather than "slice" - A detail he probably should've mentioned :p

• Voyrias said:
    could someone help me with my aliases I'm creating one for combination attack but I can't figure out how to target the sword attack
    send("COMBINATION rend smash "..target) I'm using a tower shield and longsword
    Also using Mudlet

send("combination "..target.." rend smash")

send("combination "..target.." rend smash curare") if you want to use a venom
  • edited February 2016

Venom comes before the shield attack, I'm pretty sure. You could always use string.format:

target = "Matias"
    swordattack = "slice"
    bodypart = "left leg"
    venom = "curare"
    shieldattack = "smash mid"
    send(string.format("combination %s %s %s %s %s", target, swordattack, bodypart, venom, shieldattack))
    -- sends combination Matias slice left leg curare smash mid

• Cynlael said:
    Or his function sets swordattack to " slice " rather than "slice" - A detail he probably should've mentioned :p
    Correct! Example:

shieldattack = " smash high"

I'm not a strong coder. I don't know what the ..target.. stuff does or why we have to do it, just that it has to be done. But sometimes it is only ..target (.) So instead of figuring out how to get a space there I just put it in all my macros.

Also yes + is my command separator. I forgot that wasn't the normal one.

• edited February 2016
    I'm not a strong coder. I don't know what the ..target.. stuff does or why we have to do it, just that it has to be done.

.. combines two strings into one in Lua. If multiple .. exist in the statement, it goes from left to right combining the first pair, then the second (the newly combined first pair plus the next variable) and so on.

"combination " .. target .. " " .. attack .. " " .. limb .. " " .. venom .. " " .. shield

-- Steps:
    -- "combination Jacero"
    -- "combination Jacero "
    -- "combination Jacero slice"
    -- "combination Jacero slice "
    -- "combination Jacero slice left leg"
    -- "combination Jacero slice left leg "
    -- "combination Jacero slice left leg curare"
    -- "combination Jacero slice left leg curare "
    -- "combination Jacero slice left leg curare smash high"
  • Cooper said:
    Cynlael said:
    Or his function sets swordattack to " slice " rather than "slice" - A detail he probably should've mentioned :p
    Correct! Example:

shieldattack = " smash high"

I'm not a strong coder. I don't know what the ..target.. stuff does or why we have to do it, just that it has to be done. But sometimes it is only ..target (.) So instead of figuring out how to get a space there I just put it in all my macros.

Also yes + is my command separator. I forgot that wasn't the normal one.
    Yeah, I didn't consider that the space might've been included in the variable. Needs to be there either way.

I didn't realize you could change your command separator in-game. Good to know!
  • edited February 2016
    hey can someone help me i'm trying to install the free svo system and mudlet will not install it. And yeah I have GMCP enabled
  • @Durran are you on windows 10? Often people report overzealous anti-virus systems that silently block mudlet package installs. Can you try disabling your AV completely for the duration of the installation?