Mortal Editors

Recently, there has been a large amount of HELP scrolls and abilities that are out of date, especially with seafaring. I know the Mortal Builders exist (I cannot speculate how much such a program gets use) but thought an equivalent program to help keep the scrolls up to date may take the load a bit off the staff. I know I'd certainly be willing to step in as it seems each month I am finding a new typo I am submitting. Thoughts on if such a program would interest you either on the administration or player side?

Comments

• I don't know how much this would actually help. Mortal builders are still overseen by the administration so it's not as though it completely removes the workload from them. And, unlike proofreading a series of room descriptions, they'd need to go and fact check modifications.
  • @Antonius I know it wouldn't completely remove the workload but it could alleviate it. It would obviously require oversight but if it gets things through the system faster... Alternatively, I was thinking of just submitting a suggested replacement with the typos. They used something similar to my suggestion when I pointed out mines use stone instead of wood so the descriptions should indicate it.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Greys said:
    @Antonius I know it wouldn't completely remove the workload but it could alleviate it. It would obviously require oversight but if it gets things through the system faster... Alternatively, I was thinking of just submitting a suggested replacement with the typos. They used something similar to my suggestion when I pointed out mines use stone instead of wood so the descriptions should indicate it.
    Yep, file a bug/typo, we've got a special category that is specifically for HELP files that we do regular passes through and mass fix-ups.
  • @Tecton Ok, well the ship weapons scrolls have been out of date for months now so had been wondering if there was a serious backlog on these.
    Heh, Backlog? Always! We're scheduled for a big bugfix day next week, I'll make sure that the HELP section is cleaned up as part of it.
  • Tecton said:
    Greys said:
    @Antonius I know it wouldn't completely remove the workload but it could alleviate it. It would obviously require oversight but if it gets things through the system faster... Alternatively, I was thinking of just submitting a suggested replacement with the typos. They used something similar to my suggestion when I pointed out mines use stone instead of wood so the descriptions should indicate it.
    Yep, file a bug/typo, we've got a special category that is specifically for HELP files that we do regular passes through and mass fix-ups.
    If one comes across a HELP file that's sufficiently out-of-date to need major revision or complete rewriting (I don't have any specific examples, but it seems possible), is it useful to submit a suggested revised version, or is it preferred to just file a typo/bug/idea along the lines of "Hey, this HELP needs serious work" and leave it to you all to deal with? And if such submissions would be useful, what's the preferred channel for them?
  • edited February 2016
    @Lorielan I know that feeling, been holding off updating the Navy's scrolls for the same reason. It was more just giving an example and seeing if there was a way we could help out such as how @Eld mentioned
    Eld said:
    Tecton said:
    Greys said:
    If one comes across a HELP file that's sufficiently out-of-date to need major revision or complete rewriting (I don't have any specific examples, but it seems possible), is it useful to submit a suggested revised version, or is it preferred to just file a typo/bug/idea along the lines of "Hey, this HELP needs serious work" and leave it to you all to deal with? And if such submissions would be useful, what's the preferred channel for them?
    The more detail, the better! While we may not copy it word for word, how you understand it and how you think it would read gives us a lot of ideas on how to word things for maximum comprehension and accessibility.
  • Tecton said:
    Heh, Backlog? Always! We're scheduled for a big bugfix day next week, I'll make sure that the HELP section is cleaned up as part of it.
    Did I read "big bugfix day" next week?? Would this happen to include tekura knuckles? -she typed with hope- 

/slight derail
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"