One vs One Logs

Comments

• Hmm, svo has a bit of delayed curing if you manually restore. It didn't recognize the crippled arm/leg as having been cured after restoring, so wastes two-ish seconds worth of salve application there. Anti-illusion check, I'm guessing?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Proficy(monk) versus Exelethril(runewarden) - Click

Proficy randomly attacks me, I lesserform and come back. I think he was fighting my falcon more than me anyways.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• One v One me bro @Edris

Was pretty close haha, tumble saving my life <3 tumble
  • Proficy(monk) versus Exelethril(runewarden) - Click

Proficy randomly attacks me, I lesserform and come back. I think he was fighting my falcon more than me anyways.
    In the middle of a 1v1 fight, you should never see (svo): Don't think we're fighting with class Monk anymore, disabled tricks. unless you're fighting a class that has used loads of illusions on you to make you / your system think you're fighting a different class. Poor falcon. :))
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • Proficy has a tendency to do nothing but kill loyals where he can. To be honest, if you're having trouble against him, just bring enough ents along with you that he can't run out of them to attack. Even better if you have an invincible pet. Ever since I got my my pet, Proficy just sits there sdk/ucp/ucping it the whole fight until he dies.

• edited January 2014
    I got jumped in the underworld by Proficy and got my butt completely kicked.

Would love some pointers on any stupid things I did that I can improve on.

Edit: This was my first time fighting a Dragon and I had literally no idea what his abilities were doing!
  • Rexia said:

Edit: This was my first time fighting a Dragon and I had literally no idea what his abilities were doing!
    Don't shield after you stand if you're under ~2k health because you'll just get blasted like in this log. Better to web (if they don't have buckawns) or fly or run away to heal up. 
    Parry legs and run on enmesh start so they can't bypass it with ropes (Proficy turns to fix his gaze upon you, and you feel your heart increase its palpitations as a low keening echoes from his throat). 
    Run/turtle up on storm (Proficy's powerful chest expands as he takes a mighty breath, loosing a shrill volley of psi-infused vapour into the air) since 2 bites alone shouldn't really kill you. He didn't have you enemied for the storm in this fight, if he did the second bite would've killed you.
  • Kafziel said:
    Rexia said:

Don't shield after you stand if you're under ~2k health because you'll just get blasted like in this log. Better to web (if they don't have buckawns) or fly or run away to heal up. 
    Parry legs and run on enmesh start so they can't bypass it with ropes (Proficy turns to fix his gaze upon you, and you feel your heart increase its palpitations as a low keening echoes from his throat). 
    Run/turtle up on storm (Proficy's powerful chest expands as he takes a mighty breath, loosing a shrill volley of psi-infused vapour into the air) since 2 bites alone shouldn't really kill you. He didn't have you enemied for the storm in this fight, if he did the second bite would've killed you.
    Yus, I agree with @Kafziel.
    • Running away if you're under 2k health is usually the best defense, since it's not a good idea to gamble on the chance they might have a buckawns. Dragons don't hinder movement very well, so that should be a plus for you.
    • Run/shield on enmesh. It's used to bypass your leg parry since you can't parry while entangled/web.
    • If you see a dragon use breathstorm, run for it. It's -usually- the only way they can kill you if they have breathstorm ticking.
    • Tumble immediately if you're caught in a room with breathstorm and your leg is broken. If you tumble out in time, it'll save you from a few breathstorm damage ticks.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Got it, really appreciate the tips! Thanks you.
  • Xer(Apostate) versus Exelethril(Runewarden) - Click

Trying to learn the ropes against apostates and occultists these past few days, doing a kinda derpy job at it.

I've a few questions..
    • Can apostates shadowstrike while prone or does the command have to go through before proning? Xer's daegger shadowstriked me while he was prone with two broken legs at one point.
    • What venoms can a daegger's hunt deliver?
    Also, I think the strongest counter to one form of a runewarden's prep is still a ring of flying, notable by the amount of flying in this log(should have sketched Nairat as a counter). It's still possible to keep flying with nimble and remain untouched against tentacle balance until both arms are completely healed.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Shadowstrike used to be able to be initiated prone, but you needed free arms/legs. I don't know if that's the case now, but once the Apostate initiates shadowstrike it will go through as long as they don't resummon daegger or you shield or leave the room.

'Xer's daegger flies towards you. It misses!' The line for shadowstrike beginning is something like that. I already told you in PM's how to not die to shadowstrike and trample/vivisect! He would have actually got you almost when the fight started if his trample didn't suck.

@Exelethril
  • KuyKuy
    edited February 2014

@Exelethril:  You should really consider using one of these resources!  Instead of posting your logs into pastebin in plain text, which makes them pretty difficult to read and makes a lot of the intricacies of combat just blend together, you can copy your logs as html, paste them into one of these, and show everyone a full-colour log!  You even use SVO, which makes the process much easier!  All you have to do is use the "startlog" and "stoplog" aliases.  I, however, tend to just highlight what I want to log from my buffer, right click, and "copy as html."

Personally, I use pastehtml.com, as it allows me to sign in via Facebook (I'm terrible at remember usernames and passwords).  It also allows you to rename, store, and fiddle with your logs.  I like it better than sites like Logsty or Nogfx because it's a lot more personal; people can't search yours logs super easily, but to share them you just have to give them the url.

I really like reading your logs, and would love to see them in colour!  :)

Edit: Oh!  A note about pastehtml.  It's an excellent resource, but the gent who hosts the site was having problem with people abusing it.  A few months ago, he required its users to be whitelisted in order to host new snippets.  He has no qualms with MUD players hosting their logs, though, and he was really quick to respond to my email.  I'm not sure if this is still the case, but if it is, he's super nice! :)
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • http://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin

No need for emailing here. Copy as HTML, click on big white box, paste, select colorful and click paste it. Be careful with large logs. It will sometimes lag out a bit, but usually it posts it, saying your log is too long (but you can try to paste anyways).

• Kross said:

http://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin

No need for emailing here. Copy as HTML, click on big white box, paste, select colorful and click paste it. Be careful with large logs. It will sometimes lag out a bit, but usually it posts it, saying your log is too long (but you can try to paste anyways).

(I already linked to that, silly Kross)
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • Might as well resurrect.

vs Seragorn 
    (I didn't log my two losses to him in html format)

IIRC passive cures cure voyria first, so it can be used as a buffer if someone is focuslocked.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Playing truelock chicken was amusing with @Dochitha (as opposed to fighting people that just spam fly while para'd with bugged RoF)
    And I guess I'll take this as an undeserved compliment :no_mouth: 

Dochitha tells you, "Fuck your progression is GOOD."
    Dochitha tells you, "I lock in like 5s."
    Dochitha tells you, "I made one that mimics yours."
    You tell Dochitha, "Stop copying me T_T."
    Dochitha tells you, "WOOT."
    Dochitha tells you, "You are genius."

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Dammit exele.
  • Yeah @Exelethril, here's what I did that mimics your progression:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/a1acf2d4

8s lock. Rocks. Bard is OP, need nerfs.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Before anyone nerfs bard, HAAAAALP! Why does everyone say bard is easy?

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/d663afad

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited February 2016
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/4c9cc7b2

Mercy @Klendathu ... SP bard scary, so hard to stick anything on one as Shaman :( Doesn't help I didn't have hallelujah added into my aff tracking, but still. Dat stupidity RNGesus, pesante, reel. Much ow. Decided to yolo inflame to see if it'd kill. Woo.

Also need to fix that dizziness/epilepsy firing when it's not meant to be! Wasting my shit.
  • At the start you're just jabbing aconite before having stuck impatience, then using sing balance for either getting rid of shield/rebounding or giving paralysis. They can just focus off stupidity from aconite, and use herbs for paralysis, so you'll make almost no progress with stacking afflictions.

Generally you want to only combine afflictions that can only be cured using the same balance, so you wouldn't use a focusable affliction (such as stupidity) with a purely herb cured affliction (such as paralysis), unless they have impatience to prevent focus.

You tried to break leg + slike, which is a good tactic, but only if they apply restoration to legs first (Ryzeth didn't, so you didn't get much from it other than an extra second of him being prone). Ideally you'd jab to break leg while off song balance, they'd apply, then your song comes later to give anorexia. You'll need to have impatience stuck first for that to work otherwise they can focus to cure anorexia.

There was one point where you both jabbed aconite (stupidity) and sang for stupidity in the same combination, which is obviously a waste of song balance, and if they don't have impatience and are on focus balance, a complete waste of both.
  • There are few paths you can go, that I am currently doing, but take it from me that I am still new and like few days barding:

1) Stick impatience (song), Jab curare, pesante/accentato (undeaf'ed), let songbird and contradanse do the job into damage kill. (Yeah it's like just jab curare sing limerick easy mode)
    2) Have song do paralysis, while you jab lock affs: vern, kalmia, gecko > sing limerick, slike.

Can also work in limb breaks to off-salve. I am not good at that yet.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Thanks for the input, @Antonius, @Dochitha and @Xinna, that's the kind of information I need.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Xinna said:
    I always stuck impatience first because it keeps those songbird/contradanse affs stuck.

Curare/limerick, curare, epic on voice bal, kalmia on jab bal. Vern/epic if needed though I usually just gave Vern with riposte/heartsfury, then gecko/qasida. Curare and/or voyria after as needed. That should be the fastest lock vs para prio. Non-para prio just gets sick because they're perma-prone the whole time.
    Had not thought of that last bit. That's gross.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco

Playing truelock chicken was amusing with @Dochitha (as opposed to fighting people that just spam fly while para'd with bugged RoF)
    And I guess I'll take this as an undeserved compliment :no_mouth: 

Dochitha tells you, "Fuck your progression is GOOD."
    Dochitha tells you, "I lock in like 5s."
    Dochitha tells you, "I made one that mimics yours."
    You tell Dochitha, "Stop copying me T_T."
    Dochitha tells you, "WOOT."
    Dochitha tells you, "You are genius."

Holy shit SP scaling is AMAZING O_O Bard might not even need nerfs, just a weapon scaling reduction.
    Are you even using canticle in those?
    Someone buy me 1600cr

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Riposte/Hearts Fury has to go.
  • Bard just needs to get scraped, make SP balance 3s minimum, song affs blocked by deaf. Make deafness let you be immune to bard, and take away their deafness strip.

And delete telepathy/kaido too. Fuck bardmonk