Credit transfer between alts

As I understand it you're allowed to transfer OOC credits freely between your alts, but you're not allowed to transfer IC credits. The situation I have is a bit of a gray area though and while morally I don't think I'm trying to game the system I don't want to break any rules and risk losing my character.

A couple of years ago I traded credits I had bought OOC in another IRE game with someone for credits on Achaea. Now I'd like to transfer those credits to a new Achaean character.

Morally I don't see a problem as it's not like I'm using a high level character to bash up credits for another or using multiple characters to take advantage of cheap org credit sales, and technically I did buy that amount of credits with real dollars albeit on another game. However, technically the credits were transferred from a third party in Achaea and there's no saying where they got them from originally.

Retiring the character is an option which would avoid any risk of breaking the rules, but it's not as flexible and I'd lose a bunch of credits so would prefer not to.

Does anyone have any experience of this situation or opinions on whether this would cross a line please?

Thanks!

Comments

• If they were bought that long ago, and they were received via an OOC transfer, then yes you can transfer them as you see fit.

• Can just ISSUE ME and ask how many of your credits are transferable. (Y)
  • Yeah, doing an ISSUE ME regarding it is usually a decent way to get a response in good time.
  • Thanks for the replies, have issued to be on the safe side.