Is joining a House required?

The title says it all.  I know that I would miss out on some RP opportunities, but I believe it would open up other areas of RP as well.

Are there any classes that pretty much require a House, and/or any cities where it would be impossible as well?

Comments

• Eleusis requires novices to join to a certain age, Mhaldor it's compulsory, Targ I think as well. Hashan and Cyrene it isn't compulsory, not sure about Ashtan, but guessing not.

Classes, magi would be a bit difficult without access to a master crystal.

• Targ isn't compulsory anymore, I believe. Ashtan might be?

Joining a house is generally a good way to find more interactions, and if you're already in a city there's no reason not to join a house, since you won't make any more enemies than you already did by joining a house. I wouldn't recommend not joining a city, either, unless you're very established already.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kiet said:
    Targ isn't compulsory anymore, I believe. Ashtan might be?

Joining a house is generally a good way to find more interactions, and if you're already in a city there's no reason not to join a house, since you won't make any more enemies than you already did by joining a house. I wouldn't recommend not joining a city, either, unless you're very established already.
    Ashtani aren't allowed to join houses outside Ashtan, but I don't think membership is compulsory.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Ahmet said:
    Kiet said:

Ashtani aren't allowed to join houses outside Ashtan, but I don't think membership is compulsory.
    All citizens of Ashtan are required to be a member of one of the three Ashtani houses.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Klendathu said:
    Ahmet said:
    Kiet said:

All citizens of Ashtan are required to be a member of one of the three Ashtani houses.
    Correction, membership is compulsory. :rage: RIP Freedom 2k15
    Huh. Neat.
  • Houses will not be compulsory in Targossas very soon. I'm pretty excited about it myself.
  • There's a lot of room for being a non-housed rogue in cities that allow it, like Cyrene. The city RP can still offer a lot of opportunities. Being cityless and houseless is much more difficult as Kez said, even more so nowadays.
  • edited February 2016
    Valkyn said:
    Eleusis requires novices to join to a certain age...
    Twenty-five, as I recall. Being in a House also means you can sense extermination attempts (HR3+ only, requires that you go through a minor ritual-ish thing). I wouldn't mind seeing the ability also granted to higher city ranks (CR4+ would be my marker), but it's highly unlikely to happen as far as I'm aware.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited February 2016
    edited out my original post because it was a case of tl;dr and sounded a bit negative. I'll recompose it later.