Family clans are here!

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016
    You'd think apostrophes would be a shu'in with how prevalent they are in fantasy-sounding names. If it suffix that isn't too difficult to make, could we be allowed to use them?
  • Rohai said:
    You'd think apostrophes would be a shu'in with how prevalent they are in fantasy-sounding names. If it suffix that isn't too difficult to make, could we be allowed to use them?
    It's a travesty that I can't both like and awesome this post!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Could be something as simple as the apostrophe being the delineator for a text field... users entering apostrophes into free-text fields on the web front end of one the SQL databases I look after screw up exports

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Could be something as simple as the apostrophe being the delineator for a text field... users entering apostrophes into free-text fields on the web front end of one the SQL databases I look after screw up exports
    Little bobby tables shu'in
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Thank you for fixing my mistake, Garden! <3 And at such short notice too.

This is a great start to more serious family-based RP (I hope) and I look forward eagerly to future updates. I'm sure it's no surprise that like most, I'm eager to hear if family housing will be a thing, and how that will be implemented.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• edited February 2016
    Can we please add in the option for spaces in suffixes, at least? :( Ideally also in the family name itself
  • Kiet said:
    Can we please add in the option for spaces in suffixes, at least? :( Ideally also in the family name itself
    Wow 5 minutes later and spaces are in! Greedily, can we have hyphens too?  o:) I know you don't want underscores and stuff, but hyphens are seriously normal to have in last names for large parts of the world.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Correct me if I'm ignorant of other cultures, but don't hyphens usually concatenate two different surnames or lineages? That may explain their absence, since you wouldn't really have a "House of Smith-Johnson", you would just have individuals who wore Smith-Johnson because they were related or married into the two different families, the House of Smith and the House of Johnson, which would have their separate clans. Seems awkward for one family to claim two lineages by hyphenating their actual family name.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited February 2016
    Anglicized Arabic names use hyphens for the al- format, and there's probably others too. You might notice why I want hyphens once you know this!

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Cut out the hyphen for 'al'. You don't need it.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • It's the standard practice and the way the surname's been worn in the game for like 10 rl years though! Going through every person that wears it to tell them how to fix it would be ridiculous.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I thought Profit owned the real clan, though?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited February 2016
    Profit's also inactive! He can have it if  he ever comes back (which he won't, by his own words :( )
  • So as an akechi, one of the oldest families in the game, I'm bummed. Why no love for the prefix family name?
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• Zuko said:
    Tecton said:
    Yes, we mourn the death of the Zhu^sho_azon line.
    So I'm assuming Shu'in is not an option for the clan?
    Well, right now, it's not a shoe-in...
  • Texel said:
    So as an akechi, one of the oldest families in the game, I'm bummed. Why no love for the prefix family name?
    That sounds like it would be a lot harder to code than just changing what it accepts as input, and would only affect one family. 

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Valkyn said:
    Texel said:
    So as an akechi, one of the oldest families in the game, I'm bummed. Why no love for the prefix family name?
    That sounds like it would be a lot harder to code than just changing what it accepts as input, and would only affect one family. 
    Could probably do it the same way emote prefixes are done (with parens), without tooooo much effort, but I dunno. The biggest issue I see with that is it could be an easy way to override house prefixes/titles.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Would care more if there were any prominent Akechi.  It, like the Ariye bunches, is pretty much dead afaik.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    They essentially were. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Aodfionn said:
    Would care more if there were any prominent Akechi.  It, like the Ariye bunches, is pretty much dead afaik.
    Dude you're a dick. Why even take a jab? The point is there are families who have had prefix names since the beginning of Achaea. We should be recognized too.

Easy to code in without inhibiting organization prefixes as well and easy to designate with a little coding upon family creation. 
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• Huh. Never even had a tiny clue Akechi was a family name.

• Bunch of newbs not knowing Akechi is a family name.

Akechi only real family out there aside from Van Helsing, of course.

@Texel I got your back, bro