The Best and Worst Tailoring

Forgive me if this has been done before but... I thought it would be fun to share our favorite and least favorite clothing designs from Achaean shops or nds. Barrons is stuck in the lab while I entertain myself with this so I can't post examples for myself right now but I will! Let's see what you've all got.

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2012
    It has long since been lost, but when Mel and Glynn were novices, I found "a breast brooch" for sale in Delos, and bought it for him.

Yes, it is as bad as it sounds. We still laugh about it, to this day.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • The granny panties on the NDS! I laugh every time I see them.
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Maternity pants in Cyrene. I stay out of Cyrenian shops for many more reasons now...
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Hey, @Amunet? Mind posting my first go here? The 'blueprinty' robes?
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Oven mittens and aprons?
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Xae said:
    The granny panties on the NDS! I laugh every time I see them.

I believe these were designed for either Oenone or Misty

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • This thread seems to be all worst and no best.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Woven of the most finely spun and pristinely bleached wool, these robes represent a priest in 
    service of Justice. The weave is thin but durable, draping loosely about the wearer's body, covering 
    them almost fully but flowing easily with their movements. Over the heart is a pewter pin depicting 
    a sword bound by a serpent, symbolising Truth and Honour. The collar is stained a deep red, 
    representing sanctification with blood sacrifice.
    It has 59 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 3 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    It is on the light side, offering some protection from the cold.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Halos.

I don't normally like robes and just wear them because when I'm naked I'm always told to put something on, but I've grown fond of these.
  • edited December 2012
    I only trust designs I made myself. Everything else tends to be too flashy and elaborate.

P.S. Actually, I trust one other tailor as well. Tajira, the seamstress on Shala-khulia.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Carmain's clothing is usually epic but at the moment it's green and indescribable

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Worst thing I've seen recently:

This feminine collar of soft, cotton-candy pink leather is sure to be an eye-catching accessory around any female's neck. Lining the inner collar is downy white rabbit fur, ensuring a comfortable fit and perfectly complementing the light pink leather. On the 
    outside of the collar, stylised magpies have been imprinted in a repeating fashion around the entire accessory, the distinctive black and white plumage of the birds a sharp contrast to the girlish pink. Tiny rubies serve as the eyes of each magpie, glittering mischievously and flashing crimson in the light. A polished silver fist-shaped clasp holds the collar securely together, the fist gripping the ring tightly. Dangling from the leather is a D-ring loop, suitable for any leash to fit through. A small golden bell has been attached to the loop, tinkling merrily with each movement. Hanging from the front of the collar is a polished obsidian nameplate, a single name etched deeply into the obsidian and filled with silver.

My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • @Amunet if that's a real design, that wins the thread. I couldn't sit down and write something that shudder-inducing if I deliberately tried.
  • I'm more interested in how that got approved.

• Clearly it was designed for bdsm.

Collar of submission with +50 to humiliation.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    But judging by the theme of that collar it's like a Pandoran bdsm type deal D:

• @Lianca's post liked because her signature matches my reaction to the fact she presents.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • edited December 2012
    I've lost a lot of my designs over the years thanks to decay and changing computers, but a recent one of mine that I'm incredibly fond of is this particular cloak, which I was smart enough to preserve:

a rippling twilight shoulder cloak

A twilight-blue cloak lies here in a river of wool.

Vivid and dark like the seas at midnight is the twilight-blue cloth making up this luxurious shoulder cloak. Although consisting mainly of soft mohair wool, threads of silk have been woven into the cloth, giving it a faint lustre. This particular cloak is about half the width of its cousins and attaches at the left shoulder to one's armour beneath a shield-shaped patch of leather large enough for a coat of arms. Obviously intended for warmer climates, this woollen cloak is like a rippling river in the wind, but protects when wrapped around the shoulders. A tiny blue dragon silhouette clutching a gold cross lies hidden beneath the folds at the shoulder.

I also designed some of the Warden items, namely the rapier, scimitar, and falconry glove, if you happen to spot them in-game.

(Just to offer a positive design rather than a poor one!)

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Wysteria said:
    I'm more interested in how that got approved.
    Seriously? There is a pair of panties with an... "insert" of sorts.  I won't go into any more detail.   :|
  • Idelisa said:
    Wysteria said:
    Seriously? There is a pair of panties with an... "insert" of sorts.  I won't go into any more detail.   :|
    O_O Where'd you find that? (I'm guessing Ashtan or Mhaldor) Or are you talking about the ones with tails?
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Shockingly, Ashtan and Mhaldor have the lowest proportion of sexalts, as far as I've been able to discern. Perhaps look at Hashan or Cyrene. ;)
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Mhaldor. It's one of Katia's designs.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • Sigge said:
    Idelisa said:
    Wysteria said:
    O_O Where'd you find that? (I'm guessing Ashtan or Mhaldor) Or are you talking about the ones with tails?
    Man now I really want to know how these things get approved for sale. Creepy.

• They better be.

Trey made me a new sword for behead.
  • At least if I ever run across newbies having sex in public in Mhaldor, I can just kill them instead of messing around with politely asking them to take it somewhere more private.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• edited December 2012
    @Skye, your signature is appropriate for every single thing you post.
  • I saw a barbed-wire G-string in Hashan not too long ago. I didn't even bother probing it for a detailed description.