Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Transferring from Aetolia - Classes?

2»

Comments

• KafzielKafziel Member Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I only have two questions:
    1) What is longform RP?
    2) What is RP?
  • IsmayIsmay Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Qwyn said:
    From a new transfer from Aetolia's perspective, I'm rather enjoying Hashan. There are lots of opportunities for combat and to get involved, but I don't feel pressured into it either - though if I do want to participate, there are a lot of people willing to help out. Being a smaller/underdog city is nice in that regard, and I feel like I'm helping out even by just spamming star tarot. 

RP in Hashan so far feels kinda like Bloodloch's -  in public it's mostly says/premotes/one-liners, with the focus on more practical stuff like hunting/economy/combat, but you can find some more in-depth stuff on a more individual scale. I've not encountered the more long-form style like in Aetolia, yet.
    There's all kinds of combat to be had in Hashan and I'm thrilled that they're doing so well lately. There is a lot of OOC there now, though. I'd hate to say this because I love some of the people there, but it's starting to remind me a lot like the old Ashtan.

But the combat evolution is great!
    Give us shop logs!

Pretty please...
  • HalosHalos San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,473 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kafziel said:

1) What is longform RP?

Xinna
  • MaraxMarax The ScriptoriumMember Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Go read Roleplay Logs on Aetolia's forums. There's a huuuge thread with a (slightly racy) collection of RP scenarios focused around the creation of Spinesreach's (a Shadow/dark city) pin-up calendar. Instead of just emoting a facial expression or somesuch, their emotes can be (absurdly, even) long. It's actually rather impressive and is a whole different type of RP, imho. I'd link but eh.
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • JaskarJaskar Member Posts: 18
    Yes there's a reason why I'm done with Aetolia >_>
    Marax
  • CitrusCitrus Member Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Marax said:
    Go read Roleplay Logs on Aetolia's forums. There's a huuuge thread with a (slightly racy) collection of RP scenarios focused around the creation of Spinesreach's (a Shadow/dark city) pin-up calendar. Instead of just emoting a facial expression or somesuch, their emotes can be (absurdly, even) long. It's actually rather impressive and is a whole different type of RP, imho. I'd link but eh.
    Doesn't that kind of RP take forever waiting for people to type out massive creative emotes
  • KietKiet Member Posts: 3,263 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2016
    Not really, experienced emoters can churn out a semi-paragraph in a minute or two. A lot of people in Achaea take that long to reply to regular says, so not noticeable.
    MaraxTahquil
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,410 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 2016
    I love long form RP. It feels easier to portray a quiet, thoughtful character with longer emotes. I think I come off as seeming disinterested with the smaller emotes.

However I don't want to overwhelm people so shift my emote style to match what I see from them.
    QwynAtalkez
  • JaskarJaskar Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for all the help guys, decided on Sentinel in the end (love the idea of spears, forest ranger combat archetype) and might multi-class Shaman eventually. Last two questions:

- THRUST for bashing feels extremely slow, is that just me?
    - I'm going to get a SoA and defensives as my first arties, then probably a spear - just wondering if a bow is worth it for Sentinel or if handaxe throw will cover those needs. Are meteor arrows area-wide here?
    RomMenox
Sign In to Comment.