Transferring from Aetolia - Classes?

2»

Comments

• I only have two questions:
    1) What is longform RP?
    2) What is RP?
  • Qwyn said:
    From a new transfer from Aetolia's perspective, I'm rather enjoying Hashan. There are lots of opportunities for combat and to get involved, but I don't feel pressured into it either - though if I do want to participate, there are a lot of people willing to help out. Being a smaller/underdog city is nice in that regard, and I feel like I'm helping out even by just spamming star tarot. 

RP in Hashan so far feels kinda like Bloodloch's -  in public it's mostly says/premotes/one-liners, with the focus on more practical stuff like hunting/economy/combat, but you can find some more in-depth stuff on a more individual scale. I've not encountered the more long-form style like in Aetolia, yet.
    There's all kinds of combat to be had in Hashan and I'm thrilled that they're doing so well lately. There is a lot of OOC there now, though. I'd hate to say this because I love some of the people there, but it's starting to remind me a lot like the old Ashtan.

But the combat evolution is great!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Kafziel said:

1) What is longform RP?

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    Go read Roleplay Logs on Aetolia's forums. There's a huuuge thread with a (slightly racy) collection of RP scenarios focused around the creation of Spinesreach's (a Shadow/dark city) pin-up calendar. Instead of just emoting a facial expression or somesuch, their emotes can be (absurdly, even) long. It's actually rather impressive and is a whole different type of RP, imho. I'd link but eh.
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • Yes there's a reason why I'm done with Aetolia >_>
  • Marax said:
    Go read Roleplay Logs on Aetolia's forums. There's a huuuge thread with a (slightly racy) collection of RP scenarios focused around the creation of Spinesreach's (a Shadow/dark city) pin-up calendar. Instead of just emoting a facial expression or somesuch, their emotes can be (absurdly, even) long. It's actually rather impressive and is a whole different type of RP, imho. I'd link but eh.
    Doesn't that kind of RP take forever waiting for people to type out massive creative emotes
  • edited February 2016
    Not really, experienced emoters can churn out a semi-paragraph in a minute or two. A lot of people in Achaea take that long to reply to regular says, so not noticeable.
  • edited February 2016
    I love long form RP. It feels easier to portray a quiet, thoughtful character with longer emotes. I think I come off as seeming disinterested with the smaller emotes.

However I don't want to overwhelm people so shift my emote style to match what I see from them.
  • Thanks for all the help guys, decided on Sentinel in the end (love the idea of spears, forest ranger combat archetype) and might multi-class Shaman eventually. Last two questions:

- THRUST for bashing feels extremely slow, is that just me?
    - I'm going to get a SoA and defensives as my first arties, then probably a spear - just wondering if a bow is worth it for Sentinel or if handaxe throw will cover those needs. Are meteor arrows area-wide here?