Longest binge

2»

Comments

• I'm just going to leave you with this:

Total Time Played: 822 days, 10 hours and 56 minutes 

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    When I first started playing, I did some pretty long hours. I think 36-38 hours might have been my limit, but around that time I was also sleeping for days at a time as well.

Everything was just so exciting and new, and I wanted to do all the things. Plus there were some pretty cool events happening that I might otherwise have missed if I wasn't staying awake for ages as well.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Longest may have been the Bal'met finale or one of the 48 hour great hunts on an alt. It was terrible. One second I was still placing, then I got fed up of eating delivery so I decided to go out and grab a bite. In the two hours it took for me to take the bus out and find something to eat, and come home, someone had woken up an overtaken me. I spent the remaining hunt chasing after him. 10/10 would not do again. 

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Hmm either deaths heart event like 17 years ago or one time I was I'll see how long Ashtan (mostly Tanris) would raid Shallam and I ended up playing 14 hours straight.  
  • Achilles said:
    Hmm either deaths heart event like 17 years ago or one time I was I'll see how long Ashtan (mostly Tanris) would raid Shallam and I ended up playing 14 hours straight.  
    It's funny because when I read the history's I go yeah I remember that! Or... Did I start just after that and was told about it... Or did I just read the history before..

• I played about 16 hours the other day.  :/ longest one though was probably 21 hours. 
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited February 2016
    Spas said:
    Curiosity struck me after noticing some names are almost perpetually logged in.

What's the longest binge of Achaea that you're willing to admit to?

I tend to max out at the 6-8 hour point. I have to get up, stretch my legs, blow up something in World of Warships, anything that's not text related.
    I haven't participated in the last couple of these, so I'm not sure if this is till the case or not, but in order to place in the top 10 for a Great Hunt, you pretty much need to be online and hunting 24/7 for however long it lasts. The year I came in 4th I was awake and hunting in Achaea for 40 hours straight on Friday/Saturday. I feel asleep for 3 hours and woke up with 5 hours left to hunt my way back up a few notches to capture that creddie prize, so I guess I played a total of 45 hours in a single weekend once. 

But I have the same story as many past House leaders too: When I was the Prophetess of the Spirit Walkers, I'd play 10 hours a day or so - more on the weekends. But we got a lot accomplished IC and had a lot of fun, so it was worth the time commitment! I'm just glad I could put the time in then. Today that kind of schedule would be impossible to maintain. 

Total Time Played: 637 days, 14 hours and 20 minutes 
  • Khairt said:
    Paging Dr. Veldrin, Dr. Veldrin plz
    Uh think the longest I did was Bal'met event with one of those bloody embers, think I sat from... friday to monday or something like that with like 6? hours of sleep over the entire duration. Else I've pulled multiple 40 hour shifts for XP hunts during the championship games (stupid quizzes being hold like an hour after)... Or something similiar just waiting for Yudhi. And then there was the icon wars, yuck. Aint ever gonna happen again tho, Achaea's no longer worth it after Bal'met -shrug-

• Bluef said:
    I haven't participated in the last couple of these, so I'm not sure if this is till the case or not, but in order to place in the top 10 for a Great Hunt, you pretty much need to be online and hunting 24/7 for however long it lasts.
      That sort of depends. I got ninth in the last one (24 hours), and I was only logged in for a bit under half of it.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• It's Friday and I've been logged in for only 40 hours this week. New personal low since I start playing again...
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    It's Friday and I've been logged in for only 40 hours this week. New personal low since I start playing again...
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder

• I'm such a pansy. My longest binge ever has probably never passed the 4 hour mark without taking a break. On days off from work, I have been doing "split shits" of a few hours at a time. Some of you are hardcore!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• It's 8am on a saturday, in all likelihood I'll be in realms til 10 pm...

Needs gold!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    I never function well past 24 hours of pretty much anything. Need that beauty sleep. So I've probably done about 24 hours max in my youth. 

Have no idea how some of you guys are capable of doing more than that. Must be DAMN tiring :)

Now I am in my thirties, and probably max out at 12 or so.

• Utianima said:
     Need that beauty sleep. 

Totes.
  • edited February 2016
    If I knew Achaea or even online gaming was even a thing in the late 90's I would have probably never even left the house. I was already up all night playing nintendo 64 games like goldeneye by myself. I still have to come back and remind the old neighborhood homies who the 007 master is once every few years.

Online gaming has since massively deflated my huge gaming ego born of a childhood beating every kid on my block in every console game ever.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Utianima said:
    Have no idea how some of you guys are capable of doing more than that. Must be DAMN tiring :)
    Red bull, Kawhe and just the right amount of the good stuff to numb the pain of a thousand screaming nerves
    Huh. Neat.