Longest binge

Curiosity struck me after noticing some names are almost perpetually logged in.

What's the longest binge of Achaea that you're willing to admit to?

I tend to max out at the 6-8 hour point. I have to get up, stretch my legs, blow up something in World of Warships, anything that's not text related.

Comments

• When I was Eminent Master, I would typically be online for 16 hours a day, seven days a week. That was made possible because I remotely control my desktop from everywhere I go. However that included a lot of AFK-ing because, hey, I had to work and study too.

With my new job, it's not possible. The NDAs are so strict the computers cannot escape the intranet.

• when hunting to dragon, 12 hours was the point that I would have to stop. 

Especially since this is my first MUD. Doing that much reading in a day (while also staring at a pc screen and reading) -- was tiring!
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    At the peak of my playtime it would easily be up to 16 hours, nearly non stop. That was when I was in uni, and even taking out time to go out and buy groceries or attend class and whatnot, I had a lot of free time (mostly because I had like, 12 hours of class a week).
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited February 2016
    I think I did somewhere around 20-24 hours in my final push to Dragon - after a full day I finally said 'omfg I have to take a nap' and slept for three hours and then got up and did the last like 10% and did my ceremony and crashed for a couple days. But that was definitely a one-time thing.

When I was in a bad way depression/PTSD-wise a few years ago, 14-16 hours a day most days. That's the longest I can do on a regular basis.

Now I'm a functional Achaea addict, doing much better mental health-wise, and I have other responsibilities. So 2-8 hours/day depending on how much other stuff I have to do and whether my RL stuff allows for multitasking. Sometimes longer on weekends. I tend to cap out at like 12 hours when my mental health is good.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited February 2016
    Jonathin said:
    lol. 24 hours, cute.

Two words: Icon wars.
    That was during my loooooong break. Thank God. I can't even imagine. 24 hours required like 2 days of recovery, LOL.
  • I'm pretty sure I've done at least ~16 hours mostly non-afk, but I don't think much more than that. I don't have access to logs older than the end of 2012 at the moment, but I started Eld around the end of November 2010 and at the beginning of December 2012 had a little over 200 days logged, so around 6.7 hours/day average over my first two years (not counting a bit of time on alts). 
  • People log out?

Probably 48 energy-drink-fuelled hours with 20-30 minute naps while meditating. Great hunts, man. But then after the last one was over for some reason I couldn't sleep for another 6.
  • I'v definitely made it over six in the day. But then there are nights in the summer where I eat dinner, and am logged in from probably 19:00 - 4:00 am. Think I did that once or twice last summer.

Them Academy assessments got addicting once you got rolling. 
  • I've made it 30 before. Was tired for like three days even after sleeping.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited February 2016
    In Achaea? Probably my 25hr 'marathon' run from Lvl 97-Dragon...

In MKO? Heh...................
    [spoiler] 5 day long great hunt. Didn't sleep at all... Went for a walk every few hours though, and took breaks for dinner/lunch/shower etc... Slept for about 18 hours afterwards though [/spoiler]

Don't judge me, I won 500cr.
  • About twelve hours.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• When the Great Hunt started to get more competitive in the lower tier I went Friday to Monday with about 2-3 hours of sleep. Worth 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Sarathai said:
    About twelve hours.
    Same. Due to that being how long runic vials last
  • Fucking icon wars. 
  • I probably did longer when I was younger, but in recent memory 13 hours of solid bashing in Annwyn while getting level 110 (did similar amounts over a period of five days). Think I probably stayed logged in for a bit longer after I stopped bashing, but would have mostly been AFK/in journal to take a shower.
  • In my final pushes for dragon I was doing 14 hour days for a whole 4 day weekend. I was popping eye drops like candy and constantly taking breaks to splash water in my eyes. It probably took me about 3 months to get dragon with work, school and family but anytime I hear someone say Oh you can get dragon in like three weeks nowadays I'm like really? 10 years ago you couldn't be an OG player, create a newbie, buy $1000 dollars worth of arties and then bash for 16 hours a day until that 99 ding?
  • 10 years ago we didn't have numerous bashing areas, rare minerals and xp bonuses from Elite memberships

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    10 years ago we didn't have numerous bashing areas, rare minerals and xp bonuses from Elite memberships
    I would never disagree that it is easier in general to get xp these days, especially with more bashing areas. All I am saying is that even if it took an extra total 50% xp to go from 1-99. The guys who get there in three weeks aren't gonna say Whelp it's gonna take an extra week Im out.
  • What the hell is wrong with you people lol
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Gangbanging Mhaldor's icons took something like a whole 20 hours or something. Never again.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    edited February 2016

Longest non-stop was 21 hours in my own final push to dragon - 19 were bashing, 2 were waiting to get dragon afterwards, because that was before the nifty beacon things. (Tanris is the one who actually told me to go the fuck to sleep. TANRIS DID.)

Last year's plaque event saw me putting in 48-72 hour binges because sea-monster spawning was so random (I can't say those were all non-stop though, I'd tap out for an hour or two here & there).

lol, if I sat through any of the icon battles beginning-to-end, my memory banks have erased that.

• edited February 2016
    O.o Did a 24 hour great hunt. I might have done more than that at some point for no real good reason, but I can't seem to remember due to the brain damage from frequent lack of sleep and binges  O.o

• During my peak I probably went around 16 hours straight. That was years ago though, and I don't have the time or desire to do that anymore. Screw 30 hours straight like some people are saying, that shit sounds horrible

• Think it was 40+ hours during the Y700 Great Hunt. I would have easily placed 3rd and it felt like longer than that because @Tesha kept harassing me non-stop via tells to let her place 3rd and kept threatening to send Targ after me plus actually diverted her hunting time to attack/harass me with Piety everywhere because she couldn't keep up. Didn't feel like investing the time/endurance to deal with and kill someone who seemed borderline desperate on a sleep deficit so agreed to let her pass, RIP. 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Do you mean Y650? The Y700 XP event was six hours, staying up for 40+ would be totally unnecessary.
  • I haven't logged out since 2004.
  • Think it was 40+ hours during the Y700 Great Hunt. I would have easily placed 3rd and it felt like longer than that because @Tesha kept harassing me non-stop via tells to let her place 3rd and kept threatening to send Targ after me plus actually diverted her hunting time to attack/harass me with Piety everywhere because she couldn't keep up. Didn't feel like investing the time/endurance to deal with and kill someone who seemed borderline desperate on a sleep deficit so agreed to let her pass, RIP. 
    Good times, good times. At that point I was like "screw bashing more, I'm just going to chase him". That was whip priest, too. 

i'm a rebel

• Paging Dr. Veldrin, Dr. Veldrin plz