What should I multiclass?

My current class is runewarden(2h) right now and i'm contemplating multiclassing. I'm looking for a class that doesn't require artefacts, a bunch of advanced coding experience, and has a huge learning curve. I want to stay away from all the factional classes right now as well as monk as it seems really similar to runewarden. I'm looking for something fun and something that I can further my knowledge with while learning the class and playing it.

Answers

• Magi4lyf
  • @Aegoth How big is the learning curve/coding?
  • Medium? @Aegoth is cool and will get you half way there lol

• Thinking a bit more and i think Magi or Bard might be a fun change. Thoughts on the two?
  • What are your skills like now?

• Only halfway? I'm hurt! :( more like 3/4 ;)
  • | Class Skills                                                                |
    |   Chivalry                    100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Runelore                     100%  #########################      Transcendent |
    |   Weaponmastery               100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    | General Skills                                                              |
    |   Vision                      100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Avoidance                   100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Tattoos                      32%  ########-----------------        Expert |
    |   Survival                    100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Weaponry                    100%  #########################  Transcendent |
    |   Riding                       95%  #######################--      Mythical |

• You're 25% of my might. You probably shouldn't be thinking about multiclass.
  • Learning curve is low/medium. Coding is ez cuz i can give you what i have. Otherwise its a lot to code, but nothing actually -complex- 
  • How is the hunting? Will there be a huge difference in tankiness coming from runewarden? How many lessons to start playing around with strategies?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Eolan said:
    How is the hunting? Will there be a huge difference in tankiness coming from runewarden? How many lessons to start playing around with strategies?
    Bard hunting is better, jsyn.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Very untanky compared to runie, sadly. But you can use reflections to mitigate a lot of that. Dual-trans is usually fine for beginner strats. 
  • Antonius said:
    You're 25% of my might. You probably shouldn't be thinking about multiclass.
    How is he 25% of your might and he has nearly 8 skills trans?  Does might count multiclass?
    Citrus said:
    Antonius said:
    How is he 25% of your might and he has nearly 8 skills trans?  Does might count multiclass?
    Antonius likely has all of his Miniskills transed, as well as a few tradeskills.
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Ahmet better hunting but how is the learning curve and coding for PvP? Two balances seem like a lot to handle though I may be overthinking.
    Eolan said:
    @Ahmet better hunting but how is the learning curve and coding for PvP? Two balances seem like a lot to handle though I may be overthinking.
    @Xinna would be the person to give input. PvP is not my strong suit.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Aegoth said:
    Very untanky compared to runie, sadly. But you can use reflections to mitigate a lot of that. Dual-trans is usually fine for beginner strats. 
    You are making me consider my multiclass to magi
  • Eolan said:
    @Ahmet better hunting but how is the learning curve and coding for PvP? Two balances seem like a lot to handle though I may be overthinking.
    Bard pvp is basically top 3 in difficulty, by far, to push the class to its limits. Even the skill floor is fairly high now that we got straight damage nerfed.

Also I don't know what Antonius is talking about, you have every important skill transed, so multiclass is fine.

Magi is probably the best suggestion for no arties and medium difficulty. Apostate, alchemist, jester, and shaman are the best classes for 0 arties at all, but they're all fairly complicated and require either a lot of knowledge or a lot of coding.

• Citrus said:
    Antonius said:
    If it counted multiclass he (and pretty much everybody else) would probably show as like 0-5% of my might. Did not realise 25% of my might was such a high number of Trans skills, though, and looks like I posted at about the same time he did so his post wasn't there when I was writing mine. Honestly I'd still Trans miniskills before multiclassing, personally.
  • edited February 2016
    I found Bard combat really hard to get started at. I spent a while sparring and started to get the basics, but you're dealing with harmonics (mostly passive, but you need to watch for some of their effects and you'll periodically actively interact with Minuet), tunesmithing, limb targeting, and afflicting with a venom and with songs on seperate balances that don't line up.

There's a benefit to having that many things going on at once, but it's still a lot of things going on at once. I've played most classes well enough to at least understand their basic offenses and Bard was the absolute hardest I encountered to be able to fight at all - I imagine it just gets worse when you're trying to fight more serious opponents.

Magi seems like a good choice. BM is also not bad - arties can help it a lot, but it's not too difficult a class to fight with, requires very little coding for a basic offense (if you do a single test-break, you don't even need a limb counter, and it's pretty easy as a BM to do that then reset the fight, losing you nothing), and so long as you focus on brokenstar instead of damage strategies, fighting without a band just means your prep will be a little bit slower.
  • Bard is amazingly strong but, as Kiet said, one of the more difficult classes.

At a minimum, you have to deal with tunesmith/venom plus voice on a separate balance. To truly master it, you have to also watch songbird/contradanse, keep venoms on blade for heartsfury/riposte and watch for hits, smart parry for max riposte effect, limb counting and effective limb breaking while afflicting, plus dealing with parry while prepping and dealing with kaido deafness. It's a lot, though you can take it piece by piece starting with the most vital.

That being said, with all of that, killing people is really easy. You don't -need- all of it to kill.