A new class huh? Put your predictions here

12346»

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Qwyn said:
    I've always thought some sort of time-based class would be cool. They'd have magical elements to manipulate timeways, but would use the skills in a very sneaky assassiny way.

Skills would involve things like setting up attacks on delays, rewinding time to reset cooldowns, setting "moments" that they could skip back to (either to return to an unafflicted state or return a foe to an afflicted state), and creeping through the timestreams in a phase-like way. 

They'd be able to catch glimpses of past events/conversations/etc, and maybe areas where prior combat/death happened would give them some mods for their skills.
    Reminds me of Dishonored a bit.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• 10/10 would kill to play Corvo or Daud. I even have the mask to be Corvo already!

• edited February 2016
    Qwyn said:
    I've always thought some sort of time-based class would be cool. They'd have magical elements to manipulate timeways, but would use the skills in a very sneaky assassiny way.

Skills would involve things like setting up attacks on delays, rewinding time to reset cooldowns, setting "moments" that they could skip back to (either to return to an unafflicted state or return a foe to an afflicted state), and creeping through the timestreams in a phase-like way. 

They'd be able to catch glimpses of past events/conversations/etc, and maybe areas where prior combat/death happened would give them some mods for their skills.

Ooooh, I once designed a class just for that. They would be mages that focused on aeonic magics, rather than elemental. Was quite fun.

We could center them around the idea of an organization taking up the guarding and maintaining of the time stream, now that Aeon is gone.

Here are some fun ability concepts:

Relapse: Did you just get hurt? Perhaps not. Any damage you just received has a chance to be reverted.

Age: Push someone through the timestream, making them age rapidly and causing harm.

Feeble: An affliction of time to those untrained, you can make one age to the point of becoming feeble and lethargic.

Ageless: One trained in your arts is no longer affected by the meager effects of times like other mortals. You are now ageless, and have no age in your honors.

Eons: For one that has been so displaced through the timestream, you can make them witness the eons of time, rapidly decaying them to dust.

Displace: Displace someone's natural affinity to the time stream, causing a unique affiliction that will increase with Aeonic abilities, as well as disrupting their equilibrium.

Timejump: Were you there a minute ago? or here? Hmm. Using this ability will randomly displace you within the area. Warning: It is quite random, and comes with a hefty equilibrium cost.

Mummification: A term loosely describing the art of drifting through the years in a stasis field, you may put yourself in this state and will become untouchable, however you also wont be able to do any action. You may wither your body away, if you choose to.

Timequake: Like the goddess of chaos before you, cause a timequake in your vicinity, causing a slew of random effects. This has the chance to displace many standing in your room to rooms closeby, as well as possibility afflicting with aeon. Upon cast, you will instantly be mummified.

Rewind: Death is but another factor that can be manipulated through the time stream. If you are about to receive a fatal blow, you can rewind the clock and appear where you were standing exactly 1 day ago. Use with caution, as this cannot be done often. This is also possible to use while mummified.
  • Not that it would ever happen, but some crazy gleam addicted clown class from creville would be hilarious. Project his hallucinations into physical form.

I picture sweet tooth from twisted metal.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Aesi said:
    Not that it would ever happen, but some crazy gleam addicted clown class from creville would be hilarious. Project his hallucinations into physical form.

I picture sweet tooth from twisted metal.
    One of every hundred or so jesters does this.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Let's do some more fun Time mage abilities! (Yes im bored)

Timestop: Freeze time in your location, making no one in the room able to move for 5 seconds. This will also stop all forms of damage taken, or incoming, in/to this room to be negated for the time.

Timestream: Space is no obstacle for a master of the timestream, and can be parted and manipulated easily. Walking along the timestream, you can part space and appear alongside another within the area.

Gravity: Gravity is but another force that can be easily manipulated with your arts. By increasing the gravity in a location, all those above will come crashing down, as well as negate all in the room from flying. This includes Duanathar.

CentralGravity: You are personally not affected by the trivialities of common mortal effects, as such, any attempting to push you or pull you away by force will find you are unmovable.

TimelessBody: Your body is no longer affected by common mortal constraints, as such you will find yourself no longer becoming hungry.

Ascend: Up or down makes no difference to one such as you. You may ascend to the heavens or go below. You will also not fall or be affected by falling effects.

TimelessEffect: Your timeless body has reached new levels. Being struck has little meaning to you, and you will notice yourself taking less damage as a result

Glimpse: Taking a glimpse into the future, you can avoid the next direct attack to you.

• Given that retardation is already one of the highest-tier vibes for existing magi and now artificing has timeflux, another time-mage class would be pretty weird.
  • RateOfTravel - Adjust the speed at which you travel the timestream. Default ratio is 1 second per second. At higher ratios, eg. 1 day per second, you will see time pass rapidly: people will become a blur, cities will rise and fall before your eyes. Go far enough forward, and... At lower ratios, eg. 1 second per minute, you will be able to think and move with incredible speed relative to others.

Backslide - Harness temporal energy to send matter back in time by the merest moment, leaving it occupying the same space as itself. Splorch.

Redecision - Send your consciousness back in time by up to 12 hours, allowing you to remake decisions. Forgot your umbrella? Not any more!

CalculateProbability - Extrapolate from the present state of things to consider likely outcomes, and predict the probability of future events. The more factors you consider, the longer your prediction will take to calculate, but the more accurate it will be. According to temporal scholars, with enough knowledge, one could factor the state of the entire multiverse into their calculations to predict the future with perfect clarity - omniscience - but, confoundingly, performing the calculations would take approximately the remaining lifespan of the multiverse itself.

Upstreaming - Isolate keystone events in the past that determined the state of the present. Target your focus upon people, objects, and landmarks. That bench? It's where the Tyrannus's grandparents met. That duck? It loves to feed on bileworms, and will be a week of food poisoning for whoever eats it. That forest clearing? It used to bear a shrine to Khalas. Those who understand history well enough aren't doomed to anything.

ButterflyEffect - Tweak keystone moments in the present to achieve your desired future. Significant deviations from the destined timeline require more mana than any mortal may manifest under ordinary circumstances, and risk attracting the attentions of Greater Powers. But quiet interference here and there may go unnoticed. Nobody ever suspects the butterfly.

Causality - A portmanteau of causality and fatality. Predict the future and tell your opponent the exact date and time of their final passing, dooming them to a lifetime of fatalistic predestination.

I'm thinking significant backwards time travel is impossible. Right? Otherwise we'd already be overloaded with pastamancers popping in from the future, to fix disasters, or gamble.
  • There are already siege weapons, so why not an engineer or sapper class? They build, use, and maintain big machines of hurt-you-lots. Need a trenchwork to protect you from similar machines? They can do that, too. Maybe make it so master engineers can buff city weapons, ship weapons, etc.

Probably too blackpowder for Achaea's setting.

• Upstreaming - Isolate keystone events in the past that determined the state of the present. Target your focus upon people, objects, and landmarks. That bench? It's where the Tyrannus's grandparents met. That duck? It loves to feed on bileworms, and will be a week of food poisoning for whoever eats it. That forest clearing? It used to bear a shrine to Khalas. Those who understand history well enough aren't doomed to anything.

You have pulled on these heartstrings, good sir :3
  • A time mage would be neat, it could go along the lines of Eris's experiments in order to kick it off
  • I know it would be competing in similar conceptual space as the Blademaster, but I'd really like to see something like a D&D/Pathfinder Soulknife! I don't think I've ever played video game with one, and it's such a cool concept!

Basically, you manifest a weapon made of your own raw willpower/psyche/manly fighting spirit, and as you become more skilled, you customize it to your liking (in some cases, gaining the ability to manifest armour and shields as well, but that might hurt Forging, so I imagine that's a no-go).

As for skills, something like..

Soulblade (Full of the standard various infliction-causing attacks, as well as the ability to manifest and wield different numbers of blades [throwable small weapon, dual-wielded medium weapon, or a two-handed large weapon, for example?]. Also, the ability to temporarily [like, maybe a minute or five long] change/gain Shaping customizations by spending mana seems to fit here better than in Shaping itself; basically, Soulblade is about forcing your will on the weapon in the short term, while Shaping is about gently shaping it into what you want it to be.)

Shaping (Full of various customizations for your weapon, ranging from cosmetic appearance [I really would like absolute control! From the colour to the trim to the everything. Probably with a Forging-like keyword system], to weapon type [which in turn dictates things like damage-to-balance ratio], to standard D&D weapon customizations like "is on fire and so does half its damage as fire damage" or "emits light". Choices shouldn't be PERMANENT, but not easy to change. Resetting your choices is probably a low-level, maybe even Inept skill, but limited to maybe once an IC year? In the source material, resetting basically requires setting aside an entire day to do it, but that's not really Achaea-feasible!)

I'm not really sure what to do for a third class skill, though. In my dreams, it's either a teleportation/flanking themed skillset, or an almost entirely support-focused skillset (buffing/reshaping allies' equipment? Temporarily granting Shaping a customization to a mundane weapon? Stuff like that!). In the source material, the Soulknife is a psionic class, so maybe Telepathy or a Kaido/Shindo-like ability would fit, but honestly there's no reason it has to be psionic in the Achaea setting! It could literally be just forcing a weapon into existence through the burning passion of your Kamina soul, and in that case, the sky's really the limit. Maybe a skillset based around getting everyone fired up! :P
  • I suggested a soulknife-inspired class before (here, and fleshed out a little for fun here).
  • Sparkly Vampires

Ab wooing
    Ab emo  (to include abilities like SIGH)
    ab sparkleskin 

• Salvar said:
    Sparkly Vampires

Ab wooing
    Ab emo  (to include abilities like SIGH)
    ab sparkleskin 

Class is governed by Twilight order, and able to be ex-sparkled if not playing through

(P.S: Pretty sure Zsarachnor is a twilighty vampire. He walks in daylight like it's no ones business!)
  • Asmodron said:
    (P.S: Pretty sure Zsarachnor is a twilighty vampire. He walks in daylight like it's no ones business!)
    Z shares that with Dracula, who was perfectly capable of walking around during the day. He just wasn't as powerful as he was at night. As I recall, he lost access to his shapeshifting powers but was otherwise just as strong as ever.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Asmodron said:
    Z shares that with Dracula, who was perfectly capable of walking around during the day. He just wasn't as powerful as he was at night. As I recall, he lost access to his shapeshifting powers but was otherwise just as strong as ever.
    And Dracula didn't god damn sparkle.

#dietwilightdie
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    If not an archery based class... maybe sais would be fun!

What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Though I wouldn't mind using fans, but not sure the guys would be into it!

• Fans are awesome.

Oh cool! Nice to see a male character using them, too.

• Kayeil said:
    Though I wouldn't mind using fans, but not sure the guys would be into it!

I'd totally play Kitana.
    I'm glad the guys are having a positive reaction to it. haha. hinthint admins!

• Jin wears a veil. He'd totally do a fan wielding assassin class 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere

He dies but still...

• Skye said:

He dies but still...
    That's depressing. Sometimes that's how it felt trying to kill monk Jhui. He just would not die.