A question from Imperian

Over in Imperian we've got a lot of ex-Achaean, both long-term and recent retirees.

When told of my desire to have a giant bee as a mount, they all immediately began to laugh about something called "Bumblebeevie".

When asked what a "Bumblebeevie" is, none of them will tell me, though they will use such phrases as "fabulously ridiculous", "possibly the worst pet ever created in the history of IRE", "amazing", "it is an atrocity", and "No one tell him". When my first effort to post this ran into a 503 error, I was informed that the error was specifically because I wanted to find out about Bumblebeevie, because "that's how bad bumblebeevie is".

So. I have dug up my ancient Achaean character to ask you all this one question: What is a bumblebeevie?

Comments

• I have now been explicitly instructed to "Make sure you ask for the actual description", so, consider it requested.
  • God damn it, dude.
  • Someone had a giant bumblebee artefact pet with ambience messages. It was hilariously atrocious. I can't quote exactly but I vaguely remember it thinking things were giant flowers in need of pollenation.
  • NO ONE TELL HIM.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Dammit now I NEED to know!

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Bumblebeevie was this artefact pet from an era where equally stupid pets like rainbow coloured gorillas and giant flamingos were considered permissible. In fact...

• Eurilla was pink actually
  • It peed on her enemies list, too.

• Bees pee?????
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited February 2016
    Kiet said:
    Bees pee?????
    Maybe cute, oversized ones do

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Kiet said:
    Bees pee?????
    Isn't that where honey comes from?

• Skye said:
    rainbow coloured gorillas
    This abomination:
    [spoiler]
    This mighty gorilla stands at an impressive height, his towering bulk casting a
    shadow across all who lay eyes upon him. With a face so near the sun, this great
    beast employs the use of shaded spectacles to shield his eyes from the glare.
    This utilization of a tool indicates a modicum of intelligence, as well as a
    sense of fashion. Being a jungle creature, this gorilla is often fond of taking
    a swim or lounging in the swampy marshes. His glossy fur, once an impressive
    shade of crimson, has since faded to a pinkish hue. This is obviously not your
    usual gorilla; with a cocky grin on his face, he gracefully moves his bulk with
    a confident swagger. It is obvious from the briefest glance that this
    staggering, handsome animal only lets the best-looking people ride upon his
    broad-shouldered back.
    Eurilla, the mighty gorilla is a humble-looking creature.
    He weighs about 1125 pounds.
    He is mountable as a legendary steed.
    He is loyal to Euronymous.
    You see nothing in it.

Euronymous says, "Euro!"
    Eurilla, the mighty gorilla tosses his arms up in praise.

Euronymous says, "Amunet!"
    Eurilla, the mighty gorilla begins to pound the ground furiously.

Euronymous greets Eurilla, the mighty gorilla with a sincere smile.
    Eurilla, the mighty gorilla shares a cool thumbs up with Euronymous.

[/spoiler]

mfw

jk it's pretty funny in hindsight.

The worst pet IMO was one someone always used to leave at the Flame of Yggdrasil. I forget what it was called, but it was a giant panther or jaguar. Its description was just so Stupid, there were Random Capital Letters all over the place, and I forget what else made me hate it so much but I did.
  • " With a face so near the sun, this great beast employs the use of shaded spectacles to shield his eyes from the glare. " is the best line ever written
  • my pets pretty awful...

so i was like a kid when i wrote it ...sue me...

I bet i can use one of my crystaline figures to rewrite it ha.

You begin to turn and flee as you first gaze your eyes upon this huge Dragon, but before you do, you 
    realise that its not quite as large as you thought it was. Although in no regards small, it is 
    clearly a dwarf, standing about ten feet tall. Its wings seem to blot out the sky when extended, and 
    the claws on this mighty beast look sharp enough to tear through the purest of steel. This, my 
    friend, is not a beast to be trifled with.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Szanthax said:
    my pets pretty awful...

so i was like a kid when i wrote it ...sue me...

I bet i can use one of my crystaline figures to rewrite it ha.

You begin to turn and flee as you first gaze your eyes upon this huge Dragon, but before you do, you 
    realise that its not quite as large as you thought it was. Although in no regards small, it is 
    clearly a dwarf, standing about ten feet tall. Its wings seem to blot out the sky when extended, and 
    the claws on this mighty beast look sharp enough to tear through the purest of steel. This, my 
    friend, is not a beast to be trifled with.
    I don't even know what to say...
    Huh. Neat.
  • My favorite will always be Tuerney's shadow.
  • Mizik said:
    My favorite will always be Tuerney's shadow.
    I miss Tuerney :(