Svof

Comments

• I think a better solution would be to time how long it takes to show an alertness message, and if it's too much, auto-disable with a message & link on how to enable.

That way you won't be asking people at installation time about something they've actually got no idea about and it'll not be a bother for those who run slow pc's.
  • Vadimuses said:
    I think a better solution would be to time how long it takes to show an alertness message, and if it's too much, auto-disable with a message & link on how to enable.

That way you won't be asking people at installation time about something they've actually got no idea about and it'll not be a bother for those who run slow pc's.
    and slow is rather subjective. I'm running an i7 recent generation, but mudlet really isn't optimized for unparked cores :p
  • Is there a way to get the refiller to fill your own rift?
  • The liquid rift is a relatively new addition and not yet known to any svo scripts.
  • I've some how disabled svof from recognising when I regain equilibrium and balance. It won't dor DOR (thing)  or def up.
    I haven't touched changing any triggers in svof. Have I accidentally tapped in code or touched a button to do this?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Tahquil said:
    I've some how disabled svof from recognising when I regain equilibrium and balance. It won't dor DOR (thing)  or def up.
    I haven't touched changing any triggers in svof. Have I accidentally tapped in code or touched a button to do this?
    Check DV or DIAG. It's been a long standing problem that Svo had where you'd sometimes get afflicted with something and it just.. pauses the queue. If it's what I think it is, checking diagnose seems to set everything in motion again.

I get that problem quite a lot but I'm so used to it now. Hopefully it's the same thing for you and not something else entirely.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Vreset
  • Neither of the above options worked. Rolling back my profile a couple of days and deleting/reinstalling svof off the profile is equally as ineffective.
  • So the problem fixed itself. I used VSHOW HERBSTAT (because it was one of the start up tips I never knew about) and the connection dropped. Logged back in and now everything is working fine.
  • Did you somehow manage to turn off gmcp?
  • Nope. My other scripts that used gmcp were working fine. I checked the settings as well. I'm not sure what happened. :/
  • How can I see/edit what's actually in the SVO functions?  Like when I'm prone SVO calls svo.valid.simpleprone(),  but where can I see the code in svo.valid.simpleprone()?  Fairly new to mudlet, but not to coding.
  • In the external Lua files, located in your mudlet profile directory. Usually something like
         c:/users/<name>/.config/mudlet/profiles/<profilename> 
    Should all be stashed away in there, it's up to you to find where each function is though!

• You're so awesome, @Keneanung !!!
    Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
  • There was an update to 15 last night? Now my custom prompt is showing twice.
  • QW is also popping up to version of the qw list. One uncoloured and the other coloured in I don't know what...
  • Huh, okay so click the auto update thing that popped up didn't take 14 away so it was trying to run svof14 and svof15 at once
  • Tahquil said:
    Huh, okay so click the auto update thing that popped up didn't take 14 away so it was trying to run svof14 and svof15 at once.

Question to verybody: Does anyone else have this issue? Trying to gauge the impact/where to look.
  • The auto update popup works perfectly for me.
  • Keneanung said:
    Tahquil said:
    Huh, okay so click the auto update thing that popped up didn't take 14 away so it was trying to run svof14 and svof15 at once.

Question to verybody: Does anyone else have this issue? Trying to gauge the impact/where to look.
    It says it was uninstalling, and it does uninstall, then it installed v15, but said there was a problem with updating, but it did everything fine. I just exited mudlet, logged back in. All is well.
    Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
  • edited February 2016
    I might be crazy but it seems like svo.showprompt() doesn't exist [edit: exists but doesn't work] anymore (Can't even find it in documentation?), if that's the case I'm sure there's a good reason but is it possible that someone could explain exactly how it worked so I can just remake it myself in a separate script?
    -
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."
  • Which version are you using? I get this when checking debug.info:
    @{
      nups = 2,
      what = "Lua",
      func = "function: 0C4CB180",
      lastlinedefined = 6485,
      source = "@C:\\Users\\Jay\\.config\\mudlet\\profiles\\Svof - Blademaster/Blademaster svo/svo",
      currentline = -1,
      namewhat = "",
      linedefined = 6432,
      short_src = "...dlet\\profiles\\Svof - Blademaster/Blademaster svo/svo"
    }

• I feel kind of dumb, but I've had a decent amount of success making myself a GUI using Zulah's GUI, svof and pulling apart other people's codes I've found on here and the Mudlet forums but I'm having an issue building an affliction tracker mini console. From what I've gathered, I need to pull that information from the add aff and lost aff events but I can't seem to find them in the code to figure out exactly how they work in order to send that info to the mini console. I know my afflictions are listed in svo.affl but I'm not really sure how to relay them to the miniconsole from there, and I wouldn't know how to remove them once they were cured. I'm sure it's a relatively simple thing that I'm missing, but I'm relatively new to coding. I'm really enjoying Achaea this time around (I played for a few months probably ten years ago or so but was young and couldn't wrap my head around coding and got discouraged) especially with all the awesome codes available, and this is the first hiccup I've run into really. The @affs prompt doesn't update lost afflictions unless I diagnose, so it really isn't effective for tracking what's happening to me, so I'd appreciate any help in getting my tracker up and running!
  • edited February 2016
    In vhelp: search for svo got aff:

svo got affaff namerequires vconfig eventaffs to be enabled (on by default). raised when you become afflicted, affliction name is included as an argument

svo lost affaff namerequires vconfig eventaffs to be enabled (on by default). raised when you’re cured of an affliction, affliction name being the single argument
  • edited February 2016
    Thanks for the quick reply! Though, I guess it wasn't going to be as simple as I thought once I figured out how those events worked. Maybe I'm just not understanding them properly, though after referencing the Mudlet manual I'm pretty sure I'm at least coding this right:

I made a script with svo got aff and svo lost aff as registered event handlers. Then my script is:

function affTrack()
    if eventname == "svo got aff" then
    echo("You should see this if you got an affliction.")
    else
    echo("You should see this if you lost an affliction.")
    end
    end

Just to make sure I at least understand the jist of it before moving on to figuring out how to capture the actual affliction (and then I'd worry about figuring out how to send it to the mini console). Yet, whether I'm receiving or curing an affliction (which should be raising svo got aff or svo lost aff) there's no echo, leading me to believe that I'm still missing something simple.

It would probably be easier if I just had someone I could bother with these sorts of (what are likely very simple) coding questions. How do I go about getting added to the svof and/or mudlet clans? Doesn't seem like the kind of thing I can ask around about in game.

• The name of the event is passed as the first argument to your event handler function, so you'll need to change it to:

function affTrack(eventname) ... end

Alternatively, svo stores your current afflictions in a table called svo.affl so you could just iterate through that on either of those events to update your mini console. Then you don't need to know which event it was.
  • Antonius said:
    The name of the event is passed as the first argument to your event handler function, so you'll need to change it to:

function affTrack(eventname) ... end

Alternatively, svo stores your current afflictions in a table called svo.affl so you could just iterate through that on either of those events to update your mini console. Then you don't need to know which event it was.
    Lua ignores extra arguments and silently drops them, so if the event name is not needed and no other arguments are used, both variamts should be the same.
  • In his code he's comparing the value of eventname to values, so it does need to be declared as a parameter in the function definition, otherwise it's never going to have a value (unless he has a variable with the same name defined elsewhere that is visible inside the function - which is going to cause all kinds of problems). If he doesn't need to check the value then sure, it's not needed.
  • Right... Third time today my reading comprehension fails me... Got up too early it seems!