Character retirement

Comments

• Does no brainer count?

• Not sure, but it would be that I would buy

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I've had that same question @Sobriquet because I have at least 3 other characters who fall into that credit range of being shy the retirement option.

• They said they would look to decrease the cap down to 500 when the rush dies down a bit. So if you can afford to wait, that would be the best option.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    If this isn't already the case, retired characters should be removed from city/house/order/etc enemy lists, I think.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Kayeil said:
    If this isn't already the case, retired characters should be removed from city/house/order/etc enemy lists, I think.
    Why? Being an enemy of [blah] is as much a part of a character's story as anything else.

Even characters whose players' have passed away IRL (the most permanent character "retirement" of all) have not had any aspect of their characters' identity "erased" in this way.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Krypton said:
    Kayeil said:
    Why? Being an enemy of [blah] is as much a part of a character's story as anything else.

Even characters whose players' have passed away IRL (the most permanent character "retirement" of all) have not had any aspect of their characters' identity "erased" in this way.
    Except in Cyrene who unenemied everyone.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

That was Cyrene's IC move, not the administration's OOC one.
  • Would be nice if there could be an enemies active/enemies dormant list. The current lists are pretty spammy.

You mean CITY ENEMIES ACTIVE and CITY ENEMIES DORMANT?

lol
  • Why is active not the default?! I didn't even know that existed.

• Sobriquet said:
    So, I remembered an old character I have, but I'm short of credits to retire him:

3611h, 2898m, 15800e, 14645w ex-retire value
    This character is not eligible for retirement. You would need to increase its worth by 295 credits.

Would it be worth buying the 300cr package to put him over the limit, then retire? Is this going to be a 50% as per the help file?   Just wonder if buying 300cr then retiring would give me around 500cr in real terms for a new character 
    Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe because you're buying the credits OOCly, you're able to distribute them amongst your characters however you want. That is the case as long as they weren't earned through IC means. This means that you could buy the credits on your old character, make the new main, transfer the 300 over, then retire the old character and transfer those as well. As far as I know, that would be completely legal!

• Antidas said:
    Sobriquet said:
    So, I remembered an old character I have, but I'm short of credits to retire him:

This character is not eligible for retirement. You would need to increase its worth by 295 credits.

Would it be worth buying the 300cr package to put him over the limit, then retire? Is this going to be a 50% as per the help file?   Just wonder if buying 300cr then retiring would give me around 500cr in real terms for a new character 
    Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe because you're buying the credits OOCly, you're able to distribute them amongst your characters however you want. That is the case as long as they weren't earned through IC means. This means that you could buy the credits on your old character, make the new main, transfer the 300 over, then retire the old character and transfer those as well. As far as I know, that would be completely legal!
    No brainer credits are bound. You can't transfer. He also wouldn't be able to retire if he transferred away the credits that got him to the min. retire amount.
  • It also is not having bought 1000cr anymore

Prerequisites
    -------------
    1. Your character must have at least 1000cr in lessons, credits, and artefacts.

----

Therefore you would need to leave the required amount of credits on the character.
  • Xinna said:
    Antidas said:
    Sobriquet said:

No brainer credits are bound. You can't transfer. He also wouldn't be able to retire if he transferred away the credits that got him to the min. retire amount.
    Ahh my bad. I was thinking about just the standard credit package, but I thought retire limits were based on how many credits were purchased and the like rather than how many a character used. My mistake!

• Antidas said:
    Xinna said:
    Antidas said:
    Sobriquet said:

Ahh my bad. I was thinking about just the standard credit package, but I thought retire limits were based on how many credits were purchased and the like rather than how many a character used. My mistake!
    It's neither. It's how many credits the character currently has/is worth. Using the credits will make the character worth less too. I'm pretty sure you only get 50% of your escrow value for artefacts, not 50% of what they costed. At least, that's what I seemed to get.

So you lose a lot of value by spending the credits rather than just keeping them on the character.
  • Ohhh. I think I was probably confused by that unowned earrings showing on escrow bug.

My escrow was way high, but I had lots of unowned earrings.
  • Tecton said:
    You get full value for artefacts, not trade-in value! 
    so if you had 2500 credits worth of artefacts you would get 2500 credits worth? My escrow was larger than my retire credits, though I may be incorrect.
  • I assume the point was that you get 50% of the full value, not the trade-in/escrow value, since it was in response to Xinna's post. Might need to be clarified again.
  • Thank you @antonius - @tecton please disregard my post.
  • I don't know if this has been mentioned in the last 11 pages of commentary or not, and I haven't bothered to look on other IRE game forums, but under prerequisites it says:
    "1. Your character must have at least 1000cr in lessons, credits, and artefacts."

Given that it specifically says it covers lessons I played a little experiment with a character I'd never gotten the no-brainer lessons on to see if it'd increase the retirement value of that character since said character was short 307 credits to make her eligible for retirement.

Just purchasing the lessons and having them on her didn't change that number at all. So, I decided to go learn the lessons (a bit of a waste of time for a character you want to retire but apparently that's how it works and I wish I'd have known that because most of the characters I retired had lessons on them that I hadn't used because I figured they'd just be factored in automatically). A no-brainer lesson package is approximately 167 credits worth of lessons, and it's purchased with real money. It only counts for 4 credits toward retirement value. So unless you're only 4 credits shy I wouldn't recommend that option.

In lieu of this I'm a little leery as to whether or not the no-brainer credit package would count as 300 credits toward retirement value or not, and I'm not sure I want to gamble $50 to find out. Anyone know?
  • I would like to retire my old characters that I'm never going to go back and play - however because I only gave them enough credits to permanent them I'm not eligible to retire them :/

I don't really care about having credits to take on to another character but I would still like the opportunity to mark my char as retired.
  • Nataliia said:
    I don't know if this has been mentioned in the last 11 pages of commentary or not, and I haven't bothered to look on other IRE game forums, but under prerequisites it says:
    "1. Your character must have at least 1000cr in lessons, credits, and artefacts."

Given that it specifically says it covers lessons I played a little experiment with a character I'd never gotten the no-brainer lessons on to see if it'd increase the retirement value of that character since said character was short 307 credits to make her eligible for retirement.

Just purchasing the lessons and having them on her didn't change that number at all. So, I decided to go learn the lessons (a bit of a waste of time for a character you want to retire but apparently that's how it works and I wish I'd have known that because most of the characters I retired had lessons on them that I hadn't used because I figured they'd just be factored in automatically). A no-brainer lesson package is approximately 167 credits worth of lessons, and it's purchased with real money. It only counts for 4 credits toward retirement value. So unless you're only 4 credits shy I wouldn't recommend that option.

In lieu of this I'm a little leery as to whether or not the no-brainer credit package would count as 300 credits toward retirement value or not, and I'm not sure I want to gamble $50 to find out. Anyone know?
    @Tecton, any clarification? I have a few more characters to retire, but I'd prefer to know my $150 is not going to go to waste. 
  • The biggest thing I don't like is that, a lot of neat designs that were created by retirees are completely lost now, @Trevize !!!!  :p
  • I think the lesson thing has been fixed, I noticed on a character I'd like to retire who was only 300cr away but had like 5000 lessons on her that when i learned the lessons, it didn't increase her retire value at all. So I have a feeling that was a bug that may have been fixed now.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Israyhl said:
    Nataliia said:
    I don't know if this has been mentioned in the last 11 pages of commentary or not, and I haven't bothered to look on other IRE game forums, but under prerequisites it says:

@Tecton, any clarification? I have a few more characters to retire, but I'd prefer to know my $150 is not going to go to waste. 
    Purchased no-brainer packages are a not counted, no.
  • Aereidhna said:
    I think the lesson thing has been fixed, I noticed on a character I'd like to retire who was only 300cr away but had like 5000 lessons on her that when i learned the lessons, it didn't increase her retire value at all. So I have a feeling that was a bug that may have been fixed now.
    Wait, unlearned lessons don't count towards the value?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Qwyn said:
    Aereidhna said:
    I think the lesson thing has been fixed, I noticed on a character I'd like to retire who was only 300cr away but had like 5000 lessons on her that when i learned the lessons, it didn't increase her retire value at all. So I have a feeling that was a bug that may have been fixed now.
    Wait, unlearned lessons don't count towards the value?
    Depends where you get them from.

Basically, the system tallies up all of your positive/increasing values (skills/lessons/credits/artefact etc.), then subtracts the detracting values (promos/org credits/no-brainers/level credits etc.) to give you your final figure.
  • @Tecton, it would be awesome to see exactly what is increasing and what is decreasing when you look at RETIRE VALUE in game. That way we'd know what to do in order to tip over characters that are close to the edge.

I have one character on another game that's 25 credits from getting retirement for example. Can I buy 25 credits with gold from the in game market and be done with it or do I have to buy 25 credits with USD? And would I get 500 credits in return or is the value less than that?