What if you could make your own class using existing skill-sets?

I've been thinking about the old Outcast class. It has Necromancy, Domination and Tarot.
So I was wondering. What kind of other classes could there be if Skill-sets were mixed?

A few amusing combos:
  • 1. Subterfuge, Evileye, Psychometry  
  • 2. Domination, Apostasy, Runelore 
  • 3. Alchemy, Elementalism, Weatherweaving 
  • 4. Necromancy, Physiology, Telepathy
Personally I'm leaning towards examples 1&2.
If you could pick any, what 3 skill-sets would you pick? 

Comments

• edited January 2016
    What the heck is psychometry?

You should also try stay in the realms of realism / practicality.

1) Wouldn't work, be fickle because evileye is already a combat-dominant skillset, so putting it with subterfuge kinda makes things weird. Still no clue what Psychometry is. Maybe 2nd most plausible still.

2) Probably the least plausible, no way to bash, therefore practical usage is down the drain. Also no 'real' combat usage either. So I guess if you like RPing more than anything else (or have dragon? idk) then it could be neat.

3) Skillsets that all have the same practical usage. Bashing, bashing, bashing. Not really lacking in the defense department with robes / stoneskin / diamondskin. Maybe the most plausible of the three, with how strong weatherweaving is.

4) If telepathy was evileye, I'd take this so hard. Hnnng that affliction potential/speed of deadeyes + homun block + inundates. Nerfs would be abound.

------
    Personally, I'd go with:
         Healing (dem shields, dem disrupts, dat curing hnnng),
         Groves (barrier, vigour, panacea, BEES, lightning, wildgrowth, harmony oh bb yes plz)
         Evileye (dat affliction potential with Healing disrupts, only downside is deadeyes bleed bleed sucks monkey balls for bashing with, aside from it being fast)     

Yummy yummy death for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Give them splintmail + tower shields just for extra lulz factor. GL killing one in between panacea / healing + the hindering that evileye does. It'll be like priest on steroids, except with mobile piety (wildgrowth)

• edited January 2016
    I'd just go with:
    -Subterfuge
    -Tarot
    -Metamorphosis

This way I could pop reflexes, throw aeon tarot, and dstab kalmia/slike before they managed to smoke. Stupid fast. 

Also the scales/Garrote/vigor for hunting, not to mention the usefulness of Tarot outside of combat. 
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • edited January 2016
    Reflexes doesn't exist anymore, @Aepas. Vigour is also groves, not Meta. Unless you mean vitality. Reflexes with thoth's dstab would be hilarious though, wouldn't even need aeon honestly.

• Weaponmastery, Devotion (Paladin), Voicecraft. Sword and Shield Paladin with a third affliction on each combo, including access to impatience. You lose out on Chivalry but impatience more than makes up for that.

Subterfuge, Harmonics, Voicecraft. Thoth's Fang dstab (+ sing for a third combo) with constant access to canticle and immediate access to impatience.
  • edited January 2016
    Lol I forgot about Canticle.

Made me remember during that demigod FFA from last month? Where we had access to all skills... Deadeyes + Domination + Occultism, holy hell those were some hilariously easy unravels. Oh baby, if only I remembered canticle then.

Shaman (especially with recent classleads) with harmonics instead of Vodun would be fucking hilarious too. Dat canticled swiftcursing, it's like rageblade on crack. Even their normal combos would be as fast as swiftcursing is now. GLHF.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Domination, Groves, Subterfuge. Hnnnnnnnng the potential.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited January 2016
    What potential is that, exactly? Sure you could stack afflictions, but you'd have virtually no way to actually capitalise on them. Groves is good mobility / defence. Domination needs Occultism to be properly useful. Subterfuge needs a way to deliver impatience, else you're not actually gonna get to lock someone down. Good sounding, but not in practice!

• edited January 2016
    Weaponmastery
    Striking
    Subterfuge
    Kaido

Imagine the possibilities.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cynlael said:
    What potential is that, exactly? Sure you could stack afflictions, but you'd have virtually no way to actually capitalise on them. Groves is good mobility / defence. Domination needs Occultism to be properly useful. Subterfuge needs a way to deliver impatience, else you're not actually gonna get to lock someone down. Good sounding, but not in practice!
    From a PvP perspective, sure. But I don't pvp!
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited January 2016
    Physiology, Healing, and I don't know about the third. Apostasy, Spirituality, or Devotion?
  • Cynlael said:
    What the heck is psychometry?

You should also try stay in the realms of realism / practicality.

1) Wouldn't work, be fickle because evileye is already a combat-dominant skillset, so putting it with subterfuge kinda makes things weird. Still no clue what Psychometry is. Maybe 2nd most plausible still.

2) Probably the least plausible, no way to bash, therefore practical usage is down the drain. Also no 'real' combat usage either. So I guess if you like RPing more than anything else (or have dragon? idk) then it could be neat.

3) Skillsets that all have the same practical usage. Bashing, bashing, bashing. Not really lacking in the defense department with robes / stoneskin / diamondskin. Maybe the most plausible of the three, with how strong weatherweaving is.

4) If telepathy was evileye, I'd take this so hard. Hnnng that affliction potential/speed of deadeyes + homun block + inundates. Nerfs would be abound.

------
    Personally, I'd go with:
         Healing (dem shields, dem disrupts, dat curing hnnng),
         Groves (barrier, vigour, panacea, BEES, lightning, wildgrowth, harmony oh bb yes plz)
         Evileye (dat affliction potential with Healing disrupts, only downside is deadeyes bleed bleed sucks monkey balls for bashing with, aside from it being fast)     

Yummy yummy death for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Give them splintmail + tower shields just for extra lulz factor. GL killing one in between panacea / healing + the hindering that evileye does. It'll be like priest on steroids, except with mobile piety (wildgrowth)
    Psychometry is an extremely old skill that came before the modern understanding of physics in the current era. Essentially its the art of looking into the future and past of objects. As well as a few time warp related abilities. I doubt it even exists anymore.
    • 1. Subterfuge, Evileye, Psychometry  (Using subterfuges ability to double stab, you gain the ability to riftlock in concordance with evileye. Garrote to bash, and among other things Phase replaces Blackwind )

• 2. Domination, Apostasy, Runelore (Don't underestimate the utility of these skills, This class suggest a type of combat heavily reliant on loyals and preparation of rooms. both affliction and damage based, Not to mention they all have the abilities to teleport the user to various locations, Chaos Plane, Inferno, any marked location.)

• 3. Alchemy, Elementalism, Weatherweaving (Yes this one is quite boring in terms of various "attack-combos" but it excels at dealing damage from various passive sources. The point of this would be to damage kill.)

• 4. Necromancy, Physiology, Telepathy (Essentially this is a Long distance fighter, Using the little clone from Physiology and various attacks in Telepathy, A player could be fighting you from an entirely different room, Not even in line of sight. If their target get's too close they unleash an attack on their humors. Transfusion & Soulcage, Sounds good to me.)
  • Crystalism, Apostasy, Telepathy. EZ ret locking yo
  • Cynlael said:
    Reflexes doesn't exist anymore, @Aepas. Vigour is also groves, not Meta. Unless you mean vitality. Reflexes with thoth's dstab would be hilarious though, wouldn't even need aeon honestly.

• (I did mean vitality btw, but I had no idea  reflexes was completely gone.)
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Purely from a conceptual point of view, I'd love:

Weaponmastery, Swashbuckling,  and Harmonics. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Alternatively, replace Swashbuckling with Subterfuge. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I'd be tempted by Weaponmastery and Two Arts, plus something else... Devotion, maybe? Rites are good... assuming Impale used the Two Arts balance and not the Weaponmastery balance.
  • Subterfuge evileye healing
  • Two Arts, Alchemy, Physiology.

Because inundate sanguine/brokenstar in one-two attacks on the same balance is definitely balanced.
  • edited January 2016
    Striking, TwoArts, Hypnosis

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Subterfuge, voicecraft, healing. You're welcome for most op combo.
  • Curses, Voicecraft, Woodlore.    Rapidfire affs on 3 independent balances into Tzantza + traps.
  • edited January 2016
    Chivalry, Necromancy, Forging.

It's the only class that matters.

</Xenomorphing>
  • Amranu said:
    Two Arts, Alchemy, Physiology.

Because inundate sanguine/brokenstar in one-two attacks on the same balance is definitely balanced.
    Yes. Most people die san2. That's 3.6s. Just twoarts, physiology, no need alchemy, can swap with any that causes bleeding. 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Subterfuge, two arts,  skirmishing. Cause ninja

• Dochitha said:
    Amranu said:
    Two Arts, Alchemy, Physiology.

Yes. Most people die san2. That's 3.6s. Just twoarts, physiology, no need alchemy, can swap with any that causes bleeding. 
    I think I still twitch slightly every time I remember you and Aerek flattening me with that combo in Twins.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• In terms of concept/visual but not effectiveness, Tekura, Striking (assuming that a strike can be performed after a combo), Shindo.

• Venom, chivalry, weapon mastery

dark knight, yeah boi!
  • Weaponmastery, Voicecraft, Spirituality. Combination/Chasten/Sing. Plus all the angel utility.

Maybe Physiology/Weaponmastery/ Spirituality for temper/homunculus, but no impatience... :(

Could also do Subterfuge/Voice/Spirit.