A new class huh? Put your predictions here

Comments

• Actually? One thing I'd give Pheromones that Achaea has no venom to cause: Attraction. Think lovers tarot card.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Pheromones does sound cool for a spider class, but why not have it attract bugs to do your dirty work instead? Like, tiny spiders?

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a vampire type class even if it was only a Psionic Vampire who fed off the energies of corpses.

Skills would range from
    Manipulation - The ability to manipulate the energy of things around you. As well as view the thoughts, and feelings of the person they're checking out.

Also I was thinking of a mix between Kaido, and shindo. Not sure what to call it though.

For the third skill, I was thinking they could have entities like occultists do, except from a different plane. Kind of like elementals except with more abilities than just granting a single boon.
  • Sunny said:
    Pheromones does sound cool for a spider class, but why not have it attract bugs to do your dirty work instead? Like, tiny spiders?
    Because my thought was more mundane: good old affliction-causing. Which doesn't mean there can't be tiny spiders. Maybe in senses or silk? :)
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • <The spider class>

I suppose Lachesis could decide to be benevolent and share her skills :P
  • Let me be the first to say... webwhore
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

• Krypton said:
    (picture)
    Muffet riding Rom. This is the best picture.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • To show the advancement the world of Achaea has made since the fall of the Seleucarian Empire. I would love to see an Engineer/Machinist class that makes use of black powder, muskets, and handguns.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    NO CLOCKWORK ANYTHING
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • Krypton said:

In all seriousness, I love the smugness in her face
  • Na... I'm thinking more like 14th to 17th century inspired black powder explosives and musketeers. As well as the construction of siege weapons like catapults, trebuchet, and artillery cannons. No fancy steam punk stuff.

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • I know Achaea has always rebelled against it, but damn an old fashioned gunner type class would be sexy.

• Until you have to sit there for five seconds reloading after every shot!
  • Antonius said:
    Until you have to sit there for five seconds reloading after every shot!

Can have multiple guns, ready to use in holsters! Im thinking max 3-4
  • Antonius said:
    Asmodron said:
    Antonius said:

Can have multiple guns, ready to use in holsters! Im thinking max 3-4
    Brace o' pistols!

• Got to reload eventually! It would be kind of like old triplejab Bard; sat there preparing for ages, then you shoot your load.
  • Antonius said:
    Got to reload eventually! It would be kind of like old triplejab Bard; sat there preparing for ages, then you shoot your load.

<Innuendo>
  • edited January 2016
    Antonius said:
    Got to reload eventually! It would be kind of like old triplejab Bard; sat there preparing for ages, then you shoot your load.

And that's assuming it would have to be in that style. However they'd be introduced, you could have something like paper cartridges to reduce time even further.

EDIT: Besides, it's a game, it's supposed to be cinematic. Who doesn't want to be this badass?

• edited January 2016
    2.5 mins = 1hr
    2.5 seconds = 1 min
    0.4166 seconds = 10 seconds

Assuming I didn't fudge up the math, but it sounds about right... if it takes about 10 seconds IRL to reload an old fashioned pistol, this is not an issue at all, hell if you give it a balance of 2.5s and then have to reload two pistols that's still giving a generous 30 seconds Achaea time for each.

• Pharaoh Class:
    Curses 
    Sand spells (storms, illusions, physical blows) 
    Scarrabs (room support) 

Beast Class
    Claws 
    Bloodlust (feeds abilities off blood drawn) 
    Horror (afflictions) 

Reaper Class
    Scythe 
    Cloak (defence) 
    Soulcraft (offensive magic) 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Id' give things I don't have for a class that used scythes.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Arador said:
    Pharaoh Class:
    Curses 
    Sand spells (storms, illusions, physical blows) 
    Scarrabs (room support) 

Beast Class
    Claws 
    Bloodlust (feeds abilities off blood drawn) 
    Horror (afflictions) 

Reaper Class
    Scythe 
    Cloak (defence) 
    Soulcraft (offensive magic) 

Okay that's pretty legit. That's one of the few classes posted here I'd actually wanna try.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Hate to be that guy, but admin did say repeatedly that guns are not something they would ever even consider.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Jonathin said:
    Hate to be that guy, but admin did say repeatedly that guns are not something they would ever even consider.
    Well they also said it would be too much balancing work to make another class, too...
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Im seriously hoping for sailor class. It could go a long way to fixing seafaring issues. And with all the focus on seafaring lately and the millions of seafaring ideas i can see enough there for a class in its own right.
  • Lithorin said:
    Im seriously hoping for sailor class. It could go a long way to fixing seafaring issues. And with all the focus on seafaring lately and the millions of seafaring ideas i can see enough there for a class in its own right.
    I dont see how a class would fix anything concerning seafaring issues
  • With them mentioning the return of old enemies, I'm sort of picturing the Tsol'teth appearing again. When I thought about them returning I wondered what are some of the ideas that would go along with them. In my head I came up with a sort of witch-hunter class. In my head I'm thinking of longsword and hand crossbow, or sword/shield and bow. Their kit would be augmented with rituals and bits of arcane magic. They would not be of any specific sphere.

First skill would be oriented around swordplay with a longsword.
    Second would be a mix of hunting, ambushing and their ranged weapon.
    Third skill oriented around magical augmentation and rituals.

Just an idea I've been missing with. Elsewise I'd absolutely adore a polearm/bow class or even the idea of a musket wielding engineer. (Though the engineer would definitely need a solid melee mechanic as well, because a pure ranged class would have a host of issues.)
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Tsol'teth live under the earth, though. Can't imagine them using ranged weapons. Polearms, on the other hand...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited January 2016
    Shirszae said:
    Tsol'teth live under the earth, though. Can't imagine them using ranged weapons. Polearms, on the other hand...
    You ever go into caves in D&D? you don't want near anything in there. Polearms, bows, hand crossbows.. whatever it takes to not get close.

For serious though, if you've ever been caving.. something like a polearm would get in the way so often when it comes to squeezing through and by some things. Even a bow would likely be a bit much, which is why I was also thinking of hand crossbow. (The bow would just have the perk of using existing weapons.)