Character retirement

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Nothx said:
    I joined the Harbingers at first. But, literally no one was around for a full 14 hours to help me out... so.... yeah...
    I still have a protege in the Harbingers. He said he couldn't find anyone to test him so he went poof and never came back. Poor lad.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited January 2016
    All the Luminai supernoobs are freaking awesome. @Farrah has roleplayed this like a champ. @Valysha also. Roleplay begets roleplay. I'm down if you are!

Edit: Plus the benefit to House activity is like..... :anguished: but in an awesome way. :awesome: 
  • Kiet said:
    Yeah seriously my only issue with the supernoobs is they're all making priests and priest is the #1 most unfun class in the game to go against.
    I usually pick the world's worst class in every game I play! I am still surprised I picked a good one this time!
    Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
  • edited January 2016
    Quisse said:
    All the Luminai supernoobs are freaking awesome. @Farrah has roleplayed this like a champ. @Valysha also. Roleplay begets roleplay. I'm down if you are!

Edit: Plus the benefit to House activity is like..... :anguished: but in an awesome way. :awesome: 
    @Quisse you're such a sweetheart. I enjoy our conversations and I look to many more. 
  • Valysha said:
    Kiet said:
    Yeah seriously my only issue with the supernoobs is they're all making priests and priest is the #1 most unfun class in the game to go against.
    I usually pick the world's worst class in every game I play! I am still surprised I picked a good one this time!
    Oh I mean it's TERRIBLE and you should switch class immediately, obviously! Can't believe Targ lets people suffer as priests.
  • See y'all later then! 
  • Bye Felecia

• Nothx said:
    I joined the Harbingers at first. But, literally no one was around for a full 14 hours to help me out... so.... yeah...

Damn stuck in the quote box again

This why you should join Harbs! But either way sorry about that, character retirement has hit us hard so we're a little short on members atm.

It's okay, eventually people will realise we're the coolest House! :awesome:  Right guys? ...guys? 
  • NB4 Harbingers (finally) get folded into Lumenai.
  • from what I can gather from this thread, lessons do not count toward retirement value. Since skills do, would learning all available lessons make them count once invested into skills? thanks.
  • Quick question. Bound credits count towards the value, correct?

• Kazu said:
    Quick question. Bound credits count towards the value, correct?
    Yes

• Bijoux said:
    from what I can gather from this thread, lessons do not count toward retirement value. Since skills do, would learning all available lessons make them count once invested into skills? thanks.

Depends on where the lessons came from.  Lessons from leveling up do not, lessons converted from guide credits, org credits, mentor credits do not count.  And lessons bought from the online lesson package do not count.

For instance my retirement value is much less than half of the value of my learned skills if you converted them to credits.  Omni trans all main skills + miniskills + multiclass =  ~4000 credits. I also have 1550 cr in artefacts for a total value of ~5550.  And my retirement value is 1230.  That's about 22% of the actual value.
  • Kid you not. My biggest fear when starting out in Achaea was that I took the name of some infamous sex-alt who suicided and that everybody being quiet around  me while I asked noob questions was because of that. D:

Last time I played Achaea was like... more than 5 years ago. So everything about Achaea and how it works is totally alien to me right now. It feels great starting over, but it's kinda different... cause of all the credits I am starting out with (never had the capital to buy credits when I played Achaea years ago).
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • No doubt, character retirement is the best thing since sliced bread. I had lost all interest in IRE aside from occasionally read various forums before. This new feature has renewed my interest and I can honestly say that I'll be buying even more credits as a result. Well played, IRE.  :)
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Also trans'd skills + artifacts + 18 years old =/ pretentious prick know-it-all. :(

I haven't interacted/RP with anyone in the game yet. So if anyone thinks my character is one because of his growth. Please give him a chance! Totes believe in team-play, working together, and building a community of friendly and awesome people icly & oocly (community building is my greatest hobby next to coding).
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • edited January 2016
    Well, I've definitely fallen off of (onto?) the Achaea wagon again.

Lord help me.
  • Imperian is actually a synonym for pretentious-know-it-all-prick.   I personally wouldn't trust a single player from Imperian.  
    "If all that remains is our avaricious wit, then an eye for an eye is the only law that can exist.  So don't use your romance to soften defeat, or your trophies of war, to boast of your feats.  If you failed then you failed because your body is weak, and you'll never be as strong as you dream to achieve."  - Shed Your Soul
  • Vurge said:
    Imperian is actually a synonym for pretentious-know-it-all-prick.   I personally wouldn't trust a single player from Imperian.  
    That's a bit harsh and rude. One of the most critical players in Achaea mains Imperian.
  • Aquil said:
    Vurge said:
    Imperian is actually a synonym for pretentious-know-it-all-prick.   I personally wouldn't trust a single player from Imperian.  
    That's a bit harsh and rude. One of the most critical players in Achaea mains Imperian.
    I've met plenty nice people in Imperian. You are painting with a very broad brush.
  • Aquil said:
    Vurge said:
    I guess they would understand my sarcasm, but by all means, take me seriously.  Imperian player have notoriously thick skin, I'm sure they will survive.  I apologize if I offended any Imperian players with my statement.   :o
    "If all that remains is our avaricious wit, then an eye for an eye is the only law that can exist.  So don't use your romance to soften defeat, or your trophies of war, to boast of your feats.  If you failed then you failed because your body is weak, and you'll never be as strong as you dream to achieve."  - Shed Your Soul
  • Vurge said:
    Aquil said:
    Vurge said:
    I guess they would understand my sarcasm, but by all means, take me seriously.  Imperian player have notoriously thick skin, I'm sure they will survive.  I apologize if I offended any Imperian players with my statement.   :o
    I knew you were kidding, as I am from Impy too!
  • Aquil said:
    Vurge said:
    For some reason that sentence sounds like an oxymoron to me, one of the most important players in Achaea mains another game?  If they're that important shouldn't Achaea be their main?
  • Citrus said:
    Aquil said:
    Vurge said:
    For some reason that sentence sounds like an oxymoron to me, one of the most important players in Achaea mains another game?  If they're that important shouldn't Achaea be their main?
    Imperian: The Side-chick of IRE.
  • The next big event will be Achaea absorbing most of the IRE universes.... 

riiiight.

• Citrus said:
    Aquil said:
    Vurge said:
    Player is a misleading word. One of our critical admin rocks out on Imperian as a player.
  • Tahquil said:
    Citrus said:
    Aquil said:
    Vurge said:
    Player is a misleading word. One of our critical admin rocks out on Imperian as a player.

Ohhh, that makes a lot more sense.  Yeah admin definitely != player.
  • Aquil said:
    Vurge said:
    No I don't.  :p
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    This is kind of a rave, and kind of a warning. When you retire a character, if they have a house, that's gone. Which is a rave, because y'know, not littering the subs with houses that belong to players who are completely gone. A warning, because you shouldn't leave behind hundreds of thousands of plants, thousands of inks, and various non-decay items there for your friends to retrieve...