Blademaster sword miscellaneous data repository

Comments

• You say in a strong, bright baritone voice, "I swear to the Bloodsworn. With copper, jet black clay, and my luck. It's going to be something like 'Brown Daemon'."

Murad exclaims, "I give you Blazing Hawks!"

Forged from a darkened alloy of the finest steel and copper, this blade exhibits a slight curve along its length, accentuated by a runed groove carved into the metal. The long tang is encased by a grip of chestnut sharkskin in an intricate diamond pattern. Rounding off the grip is a round pommel fashioned from platinum, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.

With a sibilant 'shhhiiiinnngggt!', you smoothly sheathe Blazing Hawks.

You bow respectfully to Murad.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Only way to make that one better is if it had dropped the 's' off the end.

• Trey said:
    Only way to make that one better is if it had dropped the 's' off the end.
    Considering how I keep getting stuff like Rhythmic Bass over the past 4 days I've started since. I don't wanna tempt my horrible luck again. :(
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • About three years ago when I had a newbie blademaster (who eventually got deleted due to the lack of inactivity)... she had a sword called Brave Light.

Forged from a pale alloy of the finest steel and platinum, this blade exhibits a barely-perceptible curve along its length, accentuated by a runed groove carved into the metal. The long tang is encased by a grip of amethyst sharkskin in an intricate cross-hatch pattern. Rounding off the grip is a pyramidal pommel fashioned from ivory, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.

Hated myself for never being able to afford a band to preserve both the character and the sword. :(

Doubt I wanna play blade roulette to see if i can get it again.
  • If I were RP-ing as a Siren or Rajamala Blademaster, I would love this sword:

Murad exclaims, "I give you Black Cat!"

Forged from a rust-hued alloy of the finest steel and pewter, this blade exhibits a barely-perceptible curve along its length,
    accentuated by a runed groove carved into the metal. The narrow tang is encased by a grip of carmine silk in an intricate
    cross-hatch pattern. Rounding off the grip is a round pommel fashioned from diamond, affording perfect balance to this
    masterfully crafted weapon.

• Huh! I thought all the Flame names ran out with the early Blademasters of Achaea claiming all of them...

Name of blade: Conquering Flame
    Alloy composition: steel and nickel
    Blade Curve: sharp curve
    Groove formation: shallow
    Tang: thick
    Grip material: ochre snakeskin
    Grip pattern: intricate braided
    Pommel shape: round
    Pommel material: diamond

Forged from a blued alloy of the finest steel and nickel, this blade exhibits a sharp curve along its length, accentuated by
    a shallow groove carved into the metal. The thick tang is encased by a grip of ochre snakeskin in an intricate braided
    pattern. Rounding off the grip is a round pommel fashioned from diamond, affording perfect balance to this masterfully
    crafted weapon.

• Trey said:
    Nylian said:
    Lifeless Mercy

Forged from a pale alloy of the finest steel and iron, this blade exhibits a sharp curve along its length, 
    accentuated by a triple groove carved into the metal. The thick tang is encased by a grip of azure cord in an 
    intricate double diamond pattern. Rounding off the grip is a round pommel fashioned from silver, affording 
    perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.

• Silent Adders would be ballin' without the 's'. Sleeping Wave is honestly great by itself,  especially with its description!

• @Trey Sleeping Wave has a beautiful description for sure. And while the name is decent and not animal related for once, it still doesn't quite mesh with my character? I guess she could be a tsunami in waiting. :pleased: 

My absolute almost favorite was Calamitous Minotaurs, sans the Minotaurs part. 
  • Decided that since I've never actually bothered to do anything with Blademaster yet, I may as well try for an incredible sword name. Had Stinging River, then:

Murad exclaims, "I give you Blackened Firefly!"

Forged from a golden alloy of the finest steel and lead, this blade exhibits a soft curve along its
    length, accentuated by a runed groove carved into the metal. The short tang is encased by a grip of
    saffron snakeskin in an intricate double diamond pattern. Rounding off the grip is a square pommel
    fashioned from peridot, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.

Fuck you too, Murad. See you tomorrow I guess.

• I kind of like Stinging River, actually.

• Yeah, I've had some great names for completely different characters. If I was a forestal I might have kept it.
  • I used to have Brave Edge in my shop. Was cobalt snakeskin grip with a shallow groove, can't remember the rest.

• @Aerek I completely hear you. I didn't hate the name, and I liked the description, but I probably still would have been content playing with fate a bit more. I did decide to switch class anyhow so Sleeping Wave is, ironically, sleeping in its sheathe.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I still miss my Yearning Shadows, it had the best name but I just couldn't get past the description of it. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I have to disagree Aerek. I say play that blade roulette till you get the one that resonates! I would definitely choose name over look too though I'd be annoyed if a name I loved looked crap I'd definitely reroll when it's the name I don't like but the look I do. The name is all anyone else ever sees really. 

So really do whatever feels right for you!

• Aerek said:
    @Nataliia I think that's pretty perfect, even though I know you're still weighing class options. Never undervalue a good description. Better to have a description you like on a sword that's 'good enough', than to have a desc you hate on a sword you love. The latter would bother you forever. (Trust me, I know)

I think there's a balance to be had between choosing a name that fits the character, and adapting the character to fit the sword. Playing sword roulette is understandable and I think a necessary evil given the true randomness of sword names, but at the same time I think the Blademaster should embrace and mould themselves to fit--or at least accept--any reasonable sword they recieve. I can't envision Lucaine Pyramides going "Three Moons? I don't know if that really fits my pre-conceived personality and ideology."

When I spun the wheel, I challenged myself to accept every sword I was given, re-rolling only if I just couldn't connect at all. Didn't want to go through 100 swords discarding good names because I was holding out for 'Endless Valour' or something else "perfect". I actually dislike the desc of my current sword heavily--I find it garish--but when I heard "Brave Edge" I said "There's no IC excuse for me not to embrace this sword as my own," even if I secretly might have hoped for "better".

I never posted the full list, kept the descs of the ones I tried to convince myself to keep before breaking down:
    Sidereal Bass		gold, gold clay
    Hidden Condor bronze, rose
    Blood Moon bronze, cinnabar
    Immovable Gorilla iron, gold clay
    Steel Asps bronze, red clay
    Five Drakes iron, red clay
    Eclipsing Vipers gold, cinnabar
    Free Abomination lead, black clay
    Rising Horses lead, black clay
    Sacred Butterflies bronze, gold clay
    Stinging Towers pewter, nightshade
    Desparate Dragon lead, black clay
    Striking Jaguar silver, rose
    Charming Mercy nickel, red clay
    Blazing Spirits platinum, black clay
    Yearning Ravens nickel, nightshade
    Dark Gargoyle silver, rose
    Brave Sapphires lead, gold clay
    Blackened Bull platinum, bone
    Lost Ant lead, bone
    Perfect Crows silver, bone
    Ancient Clouds bronze, nightshade
    Brave Edge silver, red clay

Blood Moon
    Forged from a crimson-tinged alloy of the finest steel and bronze, this blade exhibits a soft curve along its length, accentuated by a channeled groove carved into the metal. The narrow tang is encased by a grip of crimson cotton in an intricate double diamond pattern. Rounding off the grip is a pyramidal pommel fashioned from sapphire, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.

Desperate Dragon
    Forged from a darkened alloy of the finest steel and lead, this blade exhibits a barely-perceptible curve along its length, accentuated by a channeled groove carved into the metal. The short tang is encased by a grip of vermilion silk in an intricate twisting pattern. Rounding off the grip is a round pommel fashioned from bone, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.

Charming Mercy
    Forged from a rust-hued alloy of the finest steel and nickel, this blade exhibits a sharp curve along its length, accentuated by a shallow groove carved into the metal. The narrow tang is encased by a grip of cream cotton in an intricate knotted pattern. Rounding off the grip is a round pommel fashioned from bone, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.

Blazing Spirits
    Forged from a darkened alloy of the finest steel and platinum, this blade exhibits a slight curve along its length, accentuated by a channeled groove carved into the metal. The long tang is encased by a grip of amber cord in an intricate braided pattern. Rounding off the grip is a pyramidal pommel fashioned from sapphire, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.

Brave Edge
    Forged from a rust-hued alloy of the finest steel and silver, this blade exhibits a soft curve along its length, accentuated by a triple groove carved into the metal. The long tang is encased by a grip of jade snakeskin in an intricate diamond pattern. Rounding off the grip is a pyramidal pommel fashioned from sapphire, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.

My only regret is "Blood Moon". It was perfect, in name and desc, (was even forged during a real blood moon, last year) and I tried hard to make myself keep it. I just couldn't get menstruation jokes out of my head in the end.
    90% chance an '-ing' is gonna be paired with a plural noun.
  • Lifeless Silhouette

Forged from a pale alloy of the finest steel and silver, this blade exhibits a barely-perceptible curve along its length,
    accentuated by a triple groove carved into the metal. The thick tang is encased by a grip of indigo cotton in an intricate
    knotted pattern. Rounding off the grip is a round pommel fashioned from silver, affording perfect balance to this masterfully
    crafted weapon.

• edited February 2016
    Lucianus said:
    Lifeless Silhouette

Forged from a pale alloy of the finest steel and silver, this blade exhibits a barely-perceptible curve along its length,
    accentuated by a triple groove carved into the metal. The thick tang is encased by a grip of indigo cotton in an intricate
    knotted pattern. Rounding off the grip is a round pommel fashioned from silver, affording perfect balance to this masterfully
    crafted weapon.

Quit making my second class decision for me.

EDIT: @Batista

• Murad exclaims, "I give you Brave Angel!"

I think... my long journey of blade questing has come to an end with this one.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Lucianus said:
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Brave Angel!"

I think... my long journey of blade questing has come to an end with this one.
    Oof, my feels.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Quiet, ex-commie scum
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Aegoth said:
    Quiet, ex-commie scum
    Go back to your all-night job, scrublord.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Oh right! Name data.

Name of blade: Four Serpents
    Alloy composition: steel and silver
    Blade Curve: Sharp
    Groove Formation: shallow
    Grip material: emerald leather
    Grip pattern: double diamond
    Pommel material: bone

Name of blade: Blazing Daemons
    Alloy composition: steel and iron
    Blade Curve: Sharp
    Groove Formation: triple
    Tang: long
    Grip material: carmine silk
    Grip pattern: knotted
    Pommel material: iron

Name of blade: Abiding Hand
    Alloy composition: steel and platinum
    Blade Curve: slight
    Groove Formation: runed
    Tang: long
    Grip material: charcoal leather
    Grip pattern: intricate cross-hatch
    Pommel material: onyx

Name of blade: Brave Angel
    Alloy composition: steel and lead
    Blade Curve: barely perceptible
    Groove formation: deep
    Grip material: vermilion cotton
    Grip pattern: intricate cross-hatch
    Pommel shape: square
    Pommel material: gold