Simple Ideas

Comments

• Im going to do the unthinkable and resurrect this.

Could Buffalo horn be used as a substitute for Stag's horn? Perhaps by simply BREAK HORN, it then gives horn pieces.

Or simply, butchering (in gathering) a Stag can give a horn?
  • edited December 2015
    To prevent getting kicked out of the Quisalis Mark, why don't Marks just pay people to hire on certain people that are willing to be hired on for the fun duels?  

Oh yeah, they'd have to win at certain points to avoid losing points but something along those lines.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Exelethril, I sometimes leave my pets scattered around the place outside of Ashtan for people to kill so I can throw out contracts but most people are too nice to bother.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Can we get a message when artefacts reset? (I don't think we do, do we?)

Also, a toggle for auto-rewearing loaned artefacts'd be pretty great.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Anedhel said:
    Can we get a message when artefacts reset? (I don't think we do, do we?)

Yes we do. "<artefact> has returned to your inventory."

Then just trigger it with WEAR ARTEFACTS.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Not sure how much of a 'simple' idea this is but..

Could we get a way to see how much physical (and perhaps other types of damage) resistance we are currently gaining?

Im not sure if this is already a thing..but I cant seem to find it.
  • Kayeil said:
    Anedhel said:

Wtf mind blown I had no idea wear artefacts was a thing
  • Kafziel said:
    Kayeil said:
    Anedhel said:

Wtf mind blown I had no idea wear artefacts was a thing
    It's kind of new...be aware that you also wear your bow..not wield it

• edited December 2015
    How about batching of decayed items that all decay at the same instant?

400 vials decaying at once is hell.

something like 400 vials decayed. Of these were: (breakdown by modifier, be it liquid or whatever)

edit: and though this might be easily remedied ingame, the issue is using the IRE browser add on. Even a select all button would make this much more manageable.
  • Asmodron said:
    Not sure how much of a 'simple' idea this is but..

Could we get a way to see how much physical (and perhaps other types of damage) resistance we are currently gaining?

Im not sure if this is already a thing..but I cant seem to find it.
    Not sure you're ever going to get a number that actually reflects reality, due to the way armour works differently to actual resistances. Would be nice to see actual resistances to each damage type, but anything that works like armour would have to be ignored, I guess.
  • When you go to complete a customisation, have skynet scan your inventory for a token or ice figurine. 

I see that you have a featureless ice figurine in your inventory, would you like to use it to cover the cost of customisation 2?

May or may not be because of a recent mishap.
  • 1) Edit the artefact help files to reflect the artefact power granted .

Example : 
    Vibrating stick: 800 credits
       Power : wormholes
       - Lets you warp through wormholes in space-time.
         Specifically, you gain the ability to WORM WARP and WORM SEEK.

2) Show artefact powers attached to an item wit WEAPONPROBE
    A charming pair of two-tone explorer's boots has the following venoms or magical effects on it:
    flying, harmonics_call, health_sip(2)
    Walk on water
  • Any plans on recycling through old talisman artefacts? For example, the duelling vuvuzela horn.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Any plans on recycling through old talisman artefacts? For example, the duelling vuvuzela horn.
    The duelling horn is annoying as hell, we do not need more of them.

• Annoying? There are only two in existence, and neither of them use them hardly ever.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Asmodron said:
    So apparently Achaea now has the capability to put liquids in a rift, but I had no way of knowing this except by hearing it casually in conversation. I checked HELP RIFTS and there was no mention of it. I tried HELP REFILLS and it wasnt there either (since apparently the syntax is REFILL). I then attempted the syntax of REFILL (to see the commands) and I was told to go to seasone for refills (as if anyone does that...).

I literally had to go to an old announce post...just to figure out how to use it.

These are pretty simple and straightforward ideas, but can we:

a. Mention liquids in HELP RIFT now (and basically update its info to reflect liquids).
    b. make the REFILL command possibly show all the syntaxes?

@Tecton @Sarapis @Jumbalaya.
    Both should be done, no question. Just an oversight.
  • Atalkez said:
    Annoying? There are only two in existence, and neither of them use them hardly ever.
    There was more than two, and people go nuts when they first get them. What's wrong with tell so and so 'Hi, I'd like to spar'. 

• I think there is only two, however you can loan them out and there was not restriction on how often you can use them.
  • Can weeeeee get party spars to the death in Delos? Please?
  • Sometimes, in the wilderness, we will find ourselves blocked in progress by a smidge of ocean, in which rather than us simply fly over it or swim through it, which is the logical thought, we find our characters are too frightened to do so, and we have to backtrack and make a huge loop just to go around it. It's just frankly unrealistic. While I understand ships are the main focus of travel through ocean, I still wouldnt mind some small leeway in this. Here is my proposal:

- You can Fly or Swim over ocean terrain (or just fly if swimming is out of the question)

- Moving gives a rubble-like effect of x3

- Moving through ocean consumes x3 endurance

This would make it unrealistic for anyone to try and reach islands by flying, but would still provide a way to move over ocean for small gap closers.
  • There's an arty for that.
  • Technically it's a talisman, and it's a pain in the ass to get. I'd much rather have significant endurance drains (like 3-5% per tile), and death upon hitting 0 endurance over the water. The talisman would remove the endurance drain for the number of moves it gives now.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Naverre said:
    Technically it's a talisman, and it's a pain in the ass to get. I'd much rather have significant endurance drains (like 3-5% per tile), and death upon hitting 0 endurance over the water. The talisman would remove the endurance drain for the number of moves it gives now.
    Klendathu has plenty of Transoceanic orbs. Just need to ask around, they're easy (and relatively cheap) to acquire

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I wouldn't object to a "you can fly over ocean tiles as long as there is non-ocean tile within 5 squares of you at all times" rule or something. That's probably enough to close a gap (I'm thinking places like going to the Tundra, but then having to circle east past Kamleikan if you want to head north-west up to Isaia/Hriddan) without making islands reachable.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• You can also dash/gallop in the wilderness now so having to backtrack isn't really an issue if you have either of those. Some classes get dash as a class ability, the artefact for it is 500 credits. Riding and a mount is a little bit more expensive if you want to Trans and collar a mount, but does also have other benefits to it.
  • are transoceanic orbs permanent, or do they fade after 500 rooms?
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Asmodron said:
    are transoceanic orbs permanent, or do they fade after 500 rooms?
    They fade, and you die if you are not over shallow water or land by then

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• They only good for the set amount of rooms, then you need a new one.
  • Sarathai said:
    I wouldn't object to a "you can fly over ocean tiles as long as there is non-ocean tile within 5 squares of you at all times" rule or something. That's probably enough to close a gap (I'm thinking places like going to the Tundra, but then having to circle east past Kamleikan if you want to head north-west up to Isaia/Hriddan) without making islands reachable.

That somewhat feels like unnecessary extra coding. Making a hefty endurance cost and rubble effect should be enough to disuade people into thinking it is easier than a ship. Naturally, if someone wants to hop from one island to another close one, and feels they can fly there, then they could go give it a shot if they wish.

In truth, I dont see why flight over ocean is an unthinkable concept. I suppose an artie could be introduced of reinforced wings that allow one to handle the strong winds at sea, thus allowing for it (endurance and rubble would apply)