New Priest

Wanting to focus on hunting primarily. Was curious which artefacts would be good? I have roughly 4k credits to use up

Comments

• I'd suggest holding on to them for a little while or until you can get trans.

• Well. I will be getting Tri trans here shortly. As well as lessons into Survival.
  • edited January 2016
    Coming from someone that's hunted to level 102...

Skills tend to be best for hunting. Trans on the one with the damage ability, check with others but I think weaponry may help priest. Whatever defensive abilities you can get from the others, as well as healing. You already mentioned trans survival - good, that's very important.

For defense, avoidance is your best return for the money for hunting. SoA is invaluable. Health sip rings are great. Bracelets next, con belt next, regen ring last. That's for one level - for L2 generally I get L1 of the rest then rotate back through, because they build off each other.

For hunting offense, crit pendants give the most return. Artie mace would help as well, though less than crit pendants, per credit.

Is endurance an issue with priest? I can't recall. If so, fitness. If still an issue, endurance ring. If not, ignore this part.

For utility, there's travel arties. For higher level bashing, you will always want innersight in vision. It's painful otherwise.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Maces are OP for bashing for priest
  • I like high level bashing without innersight. It takes away the 'this is for the grind' aspect and you can ignore the xp. A bonus is most of the time I see no visible difference if I die. While it's silly, it does make it a little less demotivating.

• Valkyn said:
    I like high level bashing without innersight. It takes away the 'this is for the grind' aspect and you can ignore the xp. A bonus is most of the time I see no visible difference if I die. While it's silly, it does make it a little less demotivating.
    I'd agree to this but the feeling you get when you kill 20 denizens without a single percent going up is pretty demotivating. I ended up transing vision because of it. 

I think though, now that I've bashed to dragon successfully and know what it takes, I probably won't get inner sight on an alt going for dragon. Granted, I'm not half way to crazy enough for that to ever happen. 
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    As a priest I say I'd go for mace, shield and endurance ring if you plan on bashing.  Add bracelets, belt and sip ring.
  • Crit Pendant
    Shield of Absorbtion
    Mace
    Sip Ring
    Regen Ring
    Bracelets

If your primary focus is hunting, you can't go wrong with that list.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • As far as I know weaponry does not affect priest bashing. Also, maces might be way better than crit pendant even per credit, especially at low levels.

Avoidance > soa > bracelets/belt > sip/regen rings from what I remember Sena saying, by the way!

• Alright, so if you're good with how you want your skills, the absolute best bonus per credit for bashing speed is a crit pendant. Nothing else comes close for bashing. I'd get a level 2 before anything if I only cared about bashing. The downside to this is that a crit pendant has absolutely no effect on anything outside of bashing, so if you're interested in raiding/defending/combat down the road you're going to get no benefit at all from the crit pendant.

Second best boost for speed is going to be the artefact mace. This has the benefit of definitely impacting combat down the line.

Other than those two, the rest is likely going to be defensive arties which help you fight more/stronger things to get more experience. Priest is naturally a tanky bashing class so keep that in mind if you're just looking at bashing. Shield of Absorption is probably one of the best defensive bashing artefacts you can get if you're a class that can wield one (you are). Sip ring is also very good and has a bigger impact on combat (group more than solo) than an SoA does. Make sure you adjust your sip values if you go for a sip ring.

General rule for building up artefacts: Don't go past level 2 for something until you have other arties. The one possible exception for this is the artefact mace, where the increased speed can have large impacts on combos in combat, and having a faster balance bashing makes you slightly safer given you're not stuck in room as long after attacking. I don't know if this is the case for Priest, I'm sure there are actual Priests who can give you a better idea on this artie specifically.

Source: Level 105, probably highest bashing dps in the game atm if I were to get a lvl 3 crit pendant.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I know its slightly different but my lvl 3 BJ and lvl 3 pendant makes bashing as a Jester godly. Take note of Jarrod's post, mace and pendant will go a long way to help bashing.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Artefact maces are very overpowered for bashing, as Kafziel said. A L1 mace will be far better than a L1 pendant (the mace is nearly a 25% DPS boost just for level 1), the pendant isn't even close at any level, though it is about half the cost so it might be worth getting if the extra 150 credits will take you a while to get (since you said you have ~4k credits, this doesn't apply here). A L2 pendant at high levels will be more comparable to a L1 mace, but I'd still go with the mace there, even if the L2 pendant wasn't a lot more expensive.

A critical bonus can't be perfectly compared to a damage/speed boost, so this isn't absolute, but what I'd do with roughly 4k credits is: skills (tri-trans+survival+avoidance, about 600 credits needed after bashing to 80), L3 mace, L2 crit pendant, SoA, and L1 belt or bracelet (or if you're fine with priest's tankiness, drop the belt/bracelet and upgrade the pendant to L3). Alternatively, if you want more defence, I'd go with skills, L2 mace, L2 pendant, SoA, L1 belt, L2 bracelet (or L1 bracelet and sip ring).
  • Sena said:
    the mace is nearly a 25% DPS boost
    Holy... (no pun intended)
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Out of interest, @Sena, how old are the numbers you're basing all of this on?
  • I don't remember exactly, but it was sometime after the weaponry changes (just checking to see if there had been any unannounced changes to balance bashing since the changes), I'd guess 6-8 months ago. There haven't been any announced changes to priest bashing since then, aside from lowering the endurance cost.
  • Will be getting the L3 mace then.
  • Change your name please ffs
  • Amranu said:
    Change your name please ffs
    No thx
  • Jinsun said:
    Amranu said:
    No thx
    Ha just got it

• edited January 2016
    I should be better at reading further down.
  • Jinsun said:
    Amranu said:
    No thx
    In all honesty. I meant to do Nothix. But, I missed the  "I". Took me forever to log in again after I logged out. 
  • edited January 2016
    He did say he was mostly just bashing, though, and in that case straight con is way better than sip rings and regen rings as Sena's said.

Even in PvP, I think sip rings are a bit overvalued. There''s almost no attacks that scale that largely on max health (only finishers, choke, maybe crush?). Most attacks seem to have a fairly large static portion, and straight hp helps a lot more vs that. Also, more health makes you harder to break, which is important for some classes like dwb that can perma mangle you if your hp is too low.
  • I probably have a thing for sip rings because Trevize was a Xoran with a sip penalty for sooo long. Worst racial trait ever. So glad it's gone.