Character retirement

Comments

• MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    Kez said:
    @Marax said:
    Is there somewhere I can see what characters are registered to my email across all IRE games? I know I have some Lusternians, but it's been so long that I have zero chance of guessing names.
    Type CHARACTERS
    Never mind maybe it doesn't do across games.
    @Sarapis in Your Omniscience, help a brother out.
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • Sarapis said:
    Btw, we're changing the limit to 30 days instead of 14 days, and we're going to let you transfer retirement credits however you want to a character. Can be once, can be multiple times, etc. Just has to be within that 30 day limit. 
    Woo, this is awesome. Despite the fact that in the time it took for this change I surpassed the 30 day limit as well :( 

But all in all, I think this is a much more reasonable timeframe. Thanks Sarapis!

• edited January 2016
    I honestly believe this would all be a lot smoother and easier for the producers of each game if a system was put in place linking all characters with the same email across the IRE. It could be placed as an option upon all the sites, where you can log-in via your email and see all your characters, and then have the option to retire one and transfer the credits to another.

This could also open doors for future concepts.

I think this would be a lot easier than the manual setup in place, and probably might even allow for the 30 day restriction to be lifted in time.
  • Marax said:
    Kez said:
    @Marax said:
    Is there somewhere I can see what characters are registered to my email across all IRE games? I know I have some Lusternians, but it's been so long that I have zero chance of guessing names.
    Type CHARACTERS
    Never mind maybe it doesn't do across games.
    @Sarapis in Your Omniscience, help a brother out.
    For now you just need to go to each game, create a character using your email addy, and then characters will show you characters attached to that email addy, if any.
  • Asmodron said:
    I honestly believe this would all be a lot smoother and easier for the producers of each game if a system was put in place linking all characters with the same email across the IRE. It could be placed as an option upon all the sites, where you can log-in via your email and see all your characters, and then have the option to retire one and transfer the credits to another.

This could also open doors for future concepts.

I think this would be a lot easier than the manual setup in place, and probably might even allow for the 30 day restriction to be lifted in time.
    They're already linked via email address. Creating a simple webpage portal like that has been on the list for awhile, but so are a lot of other things. So much to do!
  • No kidding. Lately they've been rolling out one big thing after another. Did the staff get replaced by energizer bunnies or something?

Every time they do something they've got to deal with brutal criticism too. I know I crawl up their rear ends sometimes (did a few days ago, ask Amarisse!), so try to spoil them with appreciation as much as possible.

Spoil your garden, people!
  • Geneveive said:
    I can't imagine the workload on the team behind the scenes right now, but if it's any consolation, you guys have guaranteed that I will be spending more time and money on Achaea than I ever have before.

It's taken me years, thousands of dollars, and a lot of errors on far too many alts to finally find my happy class/city/play-style.  The fact that you guys are giving us the opportunity to spend more money with less regrets is genius. I couldn't be happier as a customer and player.

I do have a question though. For those of us that have run into a snag in the process: is an email, message to Someone, or 'issue me' the best route to take for problems with the retirement process? I issued myself, but I wasn't actually sure if this is what we should be doing. 

@Tecton @Sarapis
    Issue or email to support@achaea.com
  • Motivation cords. Is that the new class coming out? Learn 20 motivation from Sarapis.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    He has given up the adventuring life.
    I hope this is a placeholder message, because it's evocative of reading something like, "He is a high school dropout."
  • edited January 2016
    Sarapis said:
    Kez said:
    No kidding. Lately they've been rolling out one big thing after another. Did the staff get replaced by energizer bunnies or something?
    I started dual-wielding the "motivation cords" (as I like to call them).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

My immediate thought to this. Well done, good sir!
  • Saeva said:
    Motivation cords. Is that the new class coming out? Learn 20 motivation from Sarapis.

I've been ready for this magnificent man to become one of our tutors.

@Sarapis, bless up. The key to more success is right before your eyes.
  • Sarapis said:
    Btw, we're changing the limit to 30 days instead of 14 days, and we're going to let you transfer retirement credits however you want to a character. Can be once, can be multiple times, etc. Just has to be within that 30 day limit. 
    Is it safe to go ahead and bind then? I still get this when I go to transfer which is making me crazy nervous, haha!

"You are about to convert 2000 transfer credits to this character. The credits will be bound. Use RETIRE CREDITS TRANSFER 2000 CONFIRM to proceed.
    IMPORTANT: You can only transfer credits to this character ONCE. Please make sure that the amount you are transferring is correct before you confirm!"
  • Sarapis, I think you should reconsider letting people have custom honours lines for retirement - I think it can be fairly non-ostentatious (and can't be forced on anyone since it can have an effect or be seen only when people happen to honors a character, which they will likely do less over time following retirement) and could get more well-established people to sign up for this which helps the game deal with years of built up artefact creep and leadership stagnation in some orgs. Just my two cents.
  • Be nice if whoever has the character Talon retires and I can get a name change! :p Been wanting to drop the Dark for years!
  • Darktalon said:
    Be nice if whoever has the character Talon retires and I can get a name change! :p Been wanting to drop the Dark for years!
    Characters who retire won't be freeing up their names, so if Talon retires, it'll still be unavailable.
  • Naverre said:
    Darktalon said:
    Be nice if whoever has the character Talon retires and I can get a name change! :p Been wanting to drop the Dark for years!
    Characters who retire won't be freeing up their names, so if Talon retires, it'll still be unavailable.
    Must have missed that. Can I blame the flu I have and not just being poor at reading?
  • edited January 2016
    Retiring my first serious, long-term RP character. Kinda bitter-sweet, but good to close the story so I don't get the itch to go back and ruin the ending I made!

..No, Khel is not the character I'm retiring, don't get too exciting.
  • edited January 2016
    So I just want to add that this might actually be the thing to bring me back to an IRE game (goodbye Tael).

This was a really nice idea.
  • edited January 2016
    Also, once you do RETIRE CREDITS TRANSFER <amount> for a new character, can you do it again?

Say I want to trans a skill and transfer the credits for that, then later decide to buy an artefact too - can I do it again, or do I have to immediately decide what portion of the pile goes to that character once and for all when I do it initially?
  • Sarapis said:
    Quoting from a page back for reliable info source.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• edited January 2016
    To be clear though, it currently still warns you when you attempt to transfer the credits. That change is not live yet and @Sarapis didn't answer if it would be retroactive (as in, if you go ahead now and it locks, will it be unlocked when the time comes).
  • Can you only see your credit pool on eligible characters or have my retired characters just not been completely processed yet?
  • Zuko said:
    Can you only see your credit pool on eligible characters or have my retired characters just not been completely processed yet?
    Credit pool will only show once fully processed. The line on honours appears to happen prior to full process, but CHARACTERS shows (retired) if they're completely finished.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Soooo. No takebacks? Lol

• Tecton said:
    A discussion/Q+A thread for all things related to the new Retirement system! 

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4497                                     (01/11/2016 at 21:12)  
    From   : Tecton the Terraformer
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: Character retirement
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We have just released a new Iron Realms wide character retirement program for your benefit. With this system, you'll be able to permanently retire a character, and transfer some of the value to a new character here on Achaea, or on any of the other IRE games.

These credits will be based on the current status and inventory of your character, and you will receive approximately 50% of the characters current skills, artefacts, and many licenses, permits, and other credit-based items. This value does not include credits, lessons, and artefacts received for levelling up, promotions, or other in-game happenings and events.

Recipient characters must be a newly-created character (within 14 30 RL days) who is registered to the same email account as the retiring character to be eligible to draw from the pool of retirement credits.

All of the details of this system are available in HELP RETIREMENT, so please be sure to read this very thoroughly before considering using this feature.

All retirements require the approval of the Administration, and there is a cooldown period in which you must wait to retire your character.

Penned by My hand on the 8th of Aeguary, in the year 703 AF.
    I just checked my old character on Aetolia. He has 798 bound credits (which made me laugh and cry at the same time). Does that count towards the RETIRE VALUE or should I spend them on something/ skills in order to be included in the value.

• @Cahotha Unbound credits definitely increase the output from RETIRE VALUE. I'd assume bound credits would too.