Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Year 700!

191011121315»

Comments

  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,126 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Not all are into that though, so yes, free hand.
  • PeakPeak Member Posts: 831 @ - Epic Achaean
    #Ashtan
    JhuiRangor
  • JarrodJarrod Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,060 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    Jhui's staff was two-handed, Jarrod's is one-handed.

    Snicker.
    You shouldn't make fun of Jhui's small hands :(
    image
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

    JeslynBlujixapug
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San AndreasMember Posts: 357 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Trey said:
    Sure, 5 million, but I wanted something worth over 8, arguably more :(

    Ah well, history flips. Last credit auction I participated in I snaked in a bid about five seconds before it ended and got the ship in a bottle. That was not nearly as devastating as Yen would have won -two- if I hadn't, but ugh. Gold auctions are a pain in the dick, can we please have credit auctions again? I've got to find out how to turn this gold back into credits.
    Don't hate you, but yeah, you did snake that :dizzy: 

  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,707 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Hyperlith said:
    Trey said:
    Sure, 5 million, but I wanted something worth over 8, arguably more :(

    Ah well, history flips. Last credit auction I participated in I snaked in a bid about five seconds before it ended and got the ship in a bottle. That was not nearly as devastating as Yen would have won -two- if I hadn't, but ugh. Gold auctions are a pain in the dick, can we please have credit auctions again? I've got to find out how to turn this gold back into credits.
    Don't hate you, but yeah, you did snake that :dizzy: 
    Yen did have a disadvantage in that Daeki fucked up and bid on it by mistake, so I saw what her max bid was. Joke's on me though, I impulse got it and realized I had no real use for it.

  • KasyaKasya TennesseeMember Posts: 657 @ - Epic Achaean
    Are there going to be medallions for everyone who got at least one point? This is the first games I've managed that and I'm really excited about it so...
  • SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kasya said:
    Are there going to be medallions for everyone who got at least one point? This is the first games I've managed that and I'm really excited about it so...
    I was told everybody who earned points would get a medallion. Hoping that includes the fractional ones as well.

     @Tecton
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."



  • TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,881 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    They're probably just a bit late, they were last time too. Took a few days.

     i'm a rebel

  • TectonTecton The Garden of the GodsAdministrator Posts: 2,506 Admin
    Yep, medallions will be out today!
    DochithaKasya
  • AmanuAmanu Forge TreeMember Posts: 830 @ - Epic Achaean


          

    Gamden
  • LorielanLorielan Moderator Posts: 224 Immortal
    @Amanu and impatient others. The whole being DDoS'd situation yesterday took away from things like medallions while Tecton aimed to make sure that people could actually login to Achaea. Hopefully medallions will happen today.
    KasyaShirszaeAntidasAnatral
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    We get medallions? Awesome.

    I'm more impressed that he managed to mitigate a DDoS without being fully nullrouted.
    ShirszaeSobriquetAntidas
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Daeir said:
    We get medallions? Awesome.

    I'm more impressed that he managed to mitigate a DDoS without being fully nullrouted.
    I'd say fight back if I wasn't so passive



  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,248 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    We get medallions? Awesome.

    I'm more impressed that he managed to mitigate a DDoS without being fully nullrouted.
    Depends on the type of DoS. Volumetric attacks are tricky to stop with just a firewall alone, you'd need some sort of DNS redirect or "scrubber" upstream to assist. If it was a case of numerous connections made to the client and simply held open and not closed gracefully, those could be stopped at the Firewall level but you'd need to block either individual or groups of addresses.

    Either way, I would agree sorting that out is more important than medallions. :)


    image
  • AmanuAmanu Forge TreeMember Posts: 830 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited December 2015
    Yeah. Stupid hackers. :(

  • PeakPeak Member Posts: 831 @ - Epic Achaean
    @Amanu I'm disappointed in your meme usage...

    Could have just as easily used one of these:

  • AmanuAmanu Forge TreeMember Posts: 830 @ - Epic Achaean
    Peak said:
    @Amanu I'm disappointed in your meme usage...

    Could have just as easily used one of these:

    I know. Couldn't find 12 hours later which was about exact. 

  • AmanuAmanu Forge TreeMember Posts: 830 @ - Epic Achaean
    But medallion! Woo! Got it!

    Kasya
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 2,377 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Amanu said:
    But medallion! Woo! Got it!
    We can haz 1st-10th honours lines now?
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    SkyeDochitha
  • JosoulJosoul Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Krypton said:
    Amanu said:
    But medallion! Woo! Got it!
    We can haz 1st-10th honours lines now?
    Seconded.
    Please @Tecton @Sarapis @Lorielan ;
    DochithaKrypton
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,391 @ - Epic Achaean
    Josoul said:
    Krypton said:
    Amanu said:
    But medallion! Woo! Got it!
    We can haz 1st-10th honours lines now?
    Seconded.
    Please @Tecton @Sarapis @Lorielan ;
    Ooo love to have it too!
    Krypton
  • PeakPeak Member Posts: 831 @ - Epic Achaean
    Second place is a fancy way of saying "first loser". 

    Without looking it up, who lost the superbowl in 2002?
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    Peak said:
    Second place is a fancy way of saying "first loser". 

    Without looking it up, who lost the superbowl in 2002?
    31 other teams? I dont even know who won lol. Was it Indy and Chicago? No..  lol. 



  • AesiAesi Member Posts: 1,222 @ - Epic Achaean
    GO SPORTS!
    Austere
  • PeakPeak Member Posts: 831 @ - Epic Achaean
    Szanthax said:
    Peak said:
    Second place is a fancy way of saying "first loser". 

    Without looking it up, who lost the superbowl in 2002?
    31 other teams? I dont even know who won lol. Was it Indy and Chicago? No..  lol. 
    I don't even know who won last year. I don't do sports or cars, but I figured it was an okay example.
Sign In to Comment.