The year that was, and the year to come.

Comments

• I'd love it to be a factional class, but I think there's zero chance that'll happen.  Doing a new class is one of the biggest "holy crap" weapons in the admin's arsenal.  It gets people excited, trying new characters, brings old people back, all of them buying credits for those characters and artifacts and the whole thing.  It's just bad business to do that, and limit it to Hashan (or any other one city).  Maaaaybe, you might get it so it's limited to a non-city faction like forestals, or Chaos, or something but even that I think is not very likely.

It's more likely to be pirates than Night Knights (AB NIGHTKNIGHT SLEEPTIGHT Calling on the empyrean wisdom of Darkness, you pat your opponent gently on the bottom and whisper "sleep tight". Your opponent is forced to sleep!).  Even that though I think is pretty unlikely because the gating for it in terms of ship costs is just too high.

It'll be more generic (I don't mean boring, just more generally applicable).  Blademaster/Alchemist is a good template for what might happen, I reckon.

• I'd rather not see factional classes, and start seeing what I mentioned earlier - classes where messages (but not function) change per faction. That removes the gate while maintaining the unique element.

I used to be 100% for factional classes, and while I love what factional classes offer, they retain all the complexity of new class while restricting the benefit to a small portion of the population. They're just so much less cost-effective.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I don't think I want to be stuck with the Cyrenian flavour lines. :( 
  • I just want a class named Night Knight. Is that too much to ask? :(

i'm a rebel

• Whoa, hopefully next yearès thread gets more likes/awesomes.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I'd love it to be a factional class, but I think there's zero chance that'll happen.  Doing a new class is one of the biggest "holy crap" weapons in the admin's arsenal.  It gets people excited, trying new characters, brings old people back, all of them buying credits for those characters and artifacts and the whole thing.  It's just bad business to do that, and limit it to Hashan (or any other one city).  Maaaaybe, you might get it so it's limited to a non-city faction like forestals, or Chaos, or something but even that I think is not very likely.

It's more likely to be pirates than Night Knights (AB NIGHTKNIGHT SLEEPTIGHT Calling on the empyrean wisdom of Darkness, you pat your opponent gently on the bottom and whisper "sleep tight". Your opponent is forced to sleep!).  Even that though I think is pretty unlikely because the gating for it in terms of ship costs is just too high.

It'll be more generic (I don't mean boring, just more generally applicable).  Blademaster/Alchemist is a good template for what might happen, I reckon.

Hmm.. What keep Achaea a great game is the Gardens consideration and focus on the quality and depth of the game, rarely monetary. There are so much potential they could have cashed in, but they chose to ensure great game play. So I don't think decisions made on new class comes from anything monetary. 

BM & Alchie are probably classes that are hardest to balance. They are interesting templates nonetheless. 
  • Sarapis said:
    Trevize said:
    Tahquil said:
    I don't think I want to be stuck with the Cyrenian flavour lines. :( 

Don't worry, only half of the skills will mention Blu. We'll restrict the rest to snowflakes and clocktower references.

Dude, you forgot the plan already?

That's the Cyrene tradeskill.

The more you practice the skill, the more abilities open up and the faster your balance gets. There's no actual reward, just more work that needs done faster.
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Aesi said:
    Perhaps we will see the emergence of the Cyrene factional 'Dinner Party' class
    You mean "Englishman" Class?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Aesi said:

That would make the Transcendent ability complaining about the awful weather we're having today, then?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    So it could be anything from this thread? >_>

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/241098/

• Clearly Barbarian
  • Aesi said:
    Antonius said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Aesi said:

That would make the Transcendent ability complaining about the awful weather we're having today, then?
    Abysmal. *scoffs* *drinks tea*
    It's terribly wet out there today. Mustn't complain though, tally ho!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Ha!

I can't hop ingame right now, but isn't that the balance of power character?

If so, wonder why they're showing on BW.
  • Yes, he is. And he is showing because someone is chameleoning him (I won't name the person).

What's funny is they're being highlighted as a Mhaldorian on my screen.
  • Jukilian said:
    Yes, he is. And he is showing because someone is chameleoning him (I won't name the person).

What's funny is they're being highlighted as a Mhaldorian on my screen.

I did not know you can do that.

Ten years and I still learn something new regularly, I swear.
  • edited January 2016
    They give Hashan a factional Knights class and runewarden becomes factional to cyrene only... I would love to see that if only for the fact it would make raids in most cities a whole lot more interesting no more simple prop totem into totems defenses (except for cyrene).

On a more serious note I would love to see something revolving around the Knights tower in seleucar... Would be plenty of tie ins now that shallam is sunk.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited January 2016
    Kakotas said:
    They give Hashan a factional Knights class and runewarden becomes factional to cyrene only... I would love to see that if only for the fact it would make raids in most cities a whole lot more interesting no more simple prop totem into totems defenses (except for cyrene).

On a more serious note I would love to see something revolving around the Knights tower in seleucar... Would be plenty of tie ins now that shallam is sunk.
    It'd be fun to see Cyrene actually try to enforce a factional class. 

Actually, I do wish it was some sort of knight class (though I doubt it) mostly because I hate that Runewarden is the only option for people out of Targ or Mhaldor.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Would love for a class that expands more on kashar or seleucar history some more Co in siding with a new area unlocking like kashar its self.  High magi manipulating the rooms making illusions and doppelganger like that guild wars class I can't remember
  • Lyrin said:
    Kiet said:

I'm hoping it's a class with absolutely no pvp ability so I don't have to learn anything.
    That would be in keeping with a Cyrene factional class....  :pleased: 
    if so they should have Besot as their main pvp skill.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Hey... just thought... is that promised use for mahogany vices going to implemented this year?
  • Can I finally go back to Krenindala?
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • While we're wishing for things, more islands? :open_mouth: 

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Aepas said:
    Can I finally go back to Krenindala?