The year that was, and the year to come.

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    ARCHERY CLASS PLEASE. No serpent doesn't count. I don't want to be an eavesdropping, sneaky, creepy thief. I've had conversations with people before on how this class could work from a PvE standpoint. But erm, PvP is certainly not my specialty.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    The new class is going to be 'Cain' and it will involve afflicting via raging and slamming a fist through your opponent's face when they're properly prepped.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Can we add putting weariness back or thinking of a better solution to the "To come" part of this list? While it is fun to lock people so easily, it's also a little crazy and just enforces the running = only way to live style of combat which isn't really fun for anyone.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Hardly makes locking any easier than it was. More reliable, maybe, against fitness users/serpents. But not any easier.

• I've said repeatedly that leaving it as a kelp cure makes kelp stacks entirely too potent. There needs to be some curing counterplay, not just running. 

I prefer outcuring setups than just running from them. The progression of combat has seemingly moved away from this, however.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • It's obviously going to be pirate though. Just read the signs.
     A new class is in the design stages! We're looking forward to bringing you a fresh new addition to the available player professions!
    "looking forward" - as if through a telescope or spyglass. Who uses those? Pirates.

"fresh new addition" - fresh as in fresh fruit, like citrus, which pirates eat to avoid scurvy.

"player professions" - both start with 'p', as does 'pirate'. Think: Tecton could have written 'available classes', but he specifically went with this alliteration, knowing that clever readers would recognise it as a clue.

And this dot point came right after one about ships and seafaring, both tangentially related to pirates.

Can anyone else present a more likely archetype for a class? No, because none exist. Time wizards? Barbarians? Merchants? Arcane archers? Some kind of blood magic/blue mage/beast tamer amalgam, perhaps associated with a yet to be introduced continent? Shpffff, highly dubious.
    Can we have like... a normal class for once.. christ. I get it.. we're beautiful unique butterflies. But would it hurt to have 'Barbarian' or some other generic type class out there? Back to basics anyone?

• blood magic/beast tamer amalgam

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Szanthax said:
    It's obviously going to be pirate though. Just read the signs.
     A new class is in the design stages! We're looking forward to bringing you a fresh new addition to the available player professions!
    "looking forward" - as if through a telescope or spyglass. Who uses those? Pirates.

"fresh new addition" - fresh as in fresh fruit, like citrus, which pirates eat to avoid scurvy.

"player professions" - both start with 'p', as does 'pirate'. Think: Tecton could have written 'available classes', but he specifically went with this alliteration, knowing that clever readers would recognise it as a clue.

And this dot point came right after one about ships and seafaring, both tangentially related to pirates.

Can anyone else present a more likely archetype for a class? No, because none exist. Time wizards? Barbarians? Merchants? Arcane archers? Some kind of blood magic/blue mage/beast tamer amalgam, perhaps associated with a yet to be introduced continent? Shpffff, highly dubious.
    Can we have like... a normal class for once.. christ. I get it.. we're beautiful unique butterflies. But would it hurt to have 'Barbarian' or some other generic type class out there? Back to basics anyone?
    No.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Sarapis said:
    Kez said:
    blood magic/beast tamer amalgam
    It's like you're reading my mind! I have been advocating for an "evil My Little Pony" class forever. I like to think of it as if Saruman took ponies instead of goblins and bred them with orcs to create the ultimate Brony Power in the universe. 
    This is why we carefully phrase our requests to genies. :(
  • Berserker class 
    Specializations:
    The thinker: str 14 con 17 int 7 dex 11
    The badass: str 14 con 17 int 7 dex 11
    The rounded: str 14 con 17 int 7 dex 11

Perma reckless, severe gleam problem, severe ADHD, basically monk bashing with knight weapons, no armour, no defs, venoms and hinder attacks have a 60% chance of doing nothing.

Found your new class
  • aka a playable denizen
  • Aren't we all just playable denizens though?
  • New class: Belly Dancer. Specializes in seducing/passifying the enemy and then....ahem...finishing them. Abilities: dancecraft, giration, and of course polearms.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Obviously it's going to be Hashan's factional class.
  • Vayne said:
    Obviously it's going to be Hashan's factional class.
    Nonsense! They already get @kasa the musketeer 

that dude is scary with swords!
  • It's obviously going to be pirate though. Just read the signs.

Can anyone else present a more likely archetype for a class? 
    Sure. Quoting the Mythos even, psychometrist (above poem 37) and/or dream cleric. You can fill in the blanks with new lore, you're good at that. 
  • edited January 2016
    Josoul said:
    It's obviously going to be pirate though. Just read the signs.

Can anyone else present a more likely archetype for a class? 
    Sure. Quoting the Mythos even, psychometrist (above poem 37) and/or dream cleric. You can fill in the blanks with new lore, you're good at that. 
    Notice the letters p i r a t e exist in those two class suggestions together. 

Turn the obviousness up to 11.
  • I think all of these speculations are interesting, potent with opportunities.. as long as the new class is DEX FOCUSED!
  • Pirate: Swashbuckling, Drinking, Swearing

Cleric: generic abilities normally, Divine-specific for key ones when in an Order

Ranger/Tracker: (non-forestal) archer, tracker, trapper

Guard: polearm and shield wielding defensive powerhouse

Elementalist: new mage-type, choose one element (fire/air/water/earth) for flavour - abilities just change messages, same actual result. like sylvan viridian but becomes an elemental of the chosen element instead of viridian.

Adventurer: very generic, has a host of abilites borrowing from other classes but rather underpowered. everyone gets that class as 'class 0,' automatically tri-trans, newbies start out as it and choose one later. a 'taste of what's to come' in terms of many abilities, and a fallback for those who mess up and don't have the right skills. something to toy around with for RP reasons for advanced players.

Shapeshifter: think druid meta but true transformations. has very strange body morphs for differing effects. for attacks, can form left and right hand into different weapons with different capabilities. uses willpower. can transform into statues to regen will.

I could go on. New classes are so much fun. Can't wait to see what we get!

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Dairon said:
    I think all of these speculations are interesting, potent with opportunities.. as long as the new class is DEX FOCUSED!
    Trapeze artist.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Perhaps we will see the emergence of the Cyrene factional 'Dinner Party' class
  • Should look to a lore factor that hadn't been tapped. With blademaster, it was Lucaine Pyramides.
  • Artist. For what he paints become real. 
  • Dochitha said:
    Artist. For what he paints become real. 
    I would love to hang a haunted painting trap that would jack in the box its target on entry!
  • edited January 2016
    If the new class isn't Hashan's promised* factional class Night Knights I'm going to be upset.

*no idea if it's actually promised

i'm a rebel

• edited January 2016
    @tesha would their instakill involve them tucking you to sleep

you know, forever
  • edited January 2016
    Morsul said:
    @tesha would their instakill involve them tucking you to sleep

you know, forever
    Knightshades for Hashan. They use only daggers and get special custom cloaks (cloak and dagger hurr hurr).

Instakill is Sleep Tight: Deftly removing your cloak you trip up the feet of @Kasa bringing him to the ground and wrapping him in your cloak. Swiftly and with grim determination you plunge your dagger into the heart of your victim before whispering "Goodnight, Sleep tight, don't let the maggots bite.".