New: Investable Artefact Powers

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Is this something that really requires that? I understand that people may have bought that for the purpose of looking for artefacts, but its listed purpose remains unchanged.

EDIT: part of the reason I was going to drop a used car's worth of credits on a combined artefact was that it's nobody's business -what- I own. Your proposed additional functionality would directly combat that. It's no greater a loss than if someone customized all of their artefacts.

• Artefacts like runic gauntlets can be borrowed and the power works for other people... what about a multi-power stacked items. Will there be any issue with people getting powers that aren't supposed to work?
  • If it didn't work before, it shouldn't work now.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Sarathai said:
    Transferring the flight power away from a ring of flying seems to break something. The message changes to "you flap your wings powerfully..." instead of "the ring of shining metal carries you up into the skies" but the balance time also seems to be noticeably longer, as if you only had regular flight rather than the faster ring of flying.

Your nipplering carries you up into the skies
  • Think it'd be feasible to make Ice Figurines give a free artie combo?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Apparently transferring Prospero's Greater Vault into something else breaks your rift.

I don't know how people are okay with just 2500 of anything, and now I'm holding excess commodities that I can't put anywhere.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I am...so incredibly pleased with this it's not even funny. Already made a bunch of my rings into one. Hooray! Now, belt, sash, collar, bracelets and gloves of extraction... you're next.

• Would be nice if ARTEFACT POWER SHOW <power> had a brief description of what the power actually does (or just listed what the existing artefact with that power is). A lot are self-explanatory, and the others can likely be worked out based on the price, but would be nice to not have to.

Also, this is probably related, so I'm going to complain about it here (though I also filed a BUG in-game): Removing the Shackle of Garash no longer instantly removes the density defence, which means it's impossible to utilise abilities like dash efficiently (a major selling point of having the shackle, for me at least).

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited December 2015
    Antonius said:

Would be nice if ARTEFACT POWER SHOW <power> had a brief description of what the power actually does (or just listed what the existing artefact with that power is). A lot are self-explanatory, and the others can likely be worked out based on the price, but would be nice to not have to.

Also, this is probably related, so I'm going to complain about it here (though I also filed a BUG in-game): Removing the Shackle of Garash no longer instantly removes the density defence, which means it's impossible to utilise abilities like dash efficiently (a major selling point of having the shackle, for me at least).

I bugged that as well earlier.

Edit: Well, my issue was that removing my shackle instantly removed the mass defence but now the mass is just gone from my shackles altogether. It doesn't come back when reworn.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Oh, hadn't even noticed that... I was doing REMOVE/DASH/WEAR all in one hit, so there was no time for the defence to drop off. But after removing it manually, and letting the defence drop off (which took maybe a second?), wearing it isn't giving me the defence any more. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
  • "You transfer the faster_harvest artefact power from Gloves of Harvesting (#157710) to a pair of resplendent white enamelled plate gauntlets (#115027) for 25 bound credits."

Cost me 25 credits, which I'm not so happy about, but at least I don't have to deal with the not being able to wear gauntlets while wearing gloves nonsense any longer.

• edited December 2015
    Oops, read that wrong.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    edited December 2015
    Can I add more stats to nonstats arties?? 

That sounds awesome

I want all the stats @Tecton

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Has anyone had success with transferring elemental_resistance (prismatic rings) to something?

I've bugged it for the "ELEMENTAL_RESISTANCE is not a valid artefact power." issue but I was curious all the same.

• Antonius said:

"You transfer the faster_harvest artefact power from Gloves of Harvesting (#157710) to a pair of resplendent white enamelled plate gauntlets (#115027) for 25 bound credits."

Cost me 25 credits, which I'm not so happy about, but at least I don't have to deal with the not being able to wear gauntlets while wearing gloves nonsense any longer.

You were always able to REMOVE GAUNTLETS, WEAR GLOVES, WEAR GAUNTLETS. That always worked for me. (Or it was the other way around, I really don't remember.)
  • Useli said:
    Antonius said:

"You transfer the faster_harvest artefact power from Gloves of Harvesting (#157710) to a pair of resplendent white enamelled plate gauntlets (#115027) for 25 bound credits."

You were always able to REMOVE GAUNTLETS, WEAR GLOVES, WEAR GAUNTLETS. That always worked for me. (Or it was the other way around, I really don't remember.)
    The other way around. And yes, you could, but it should have just been fixed so you didn't need to do that. I have no patience for little annoying things like that any more.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Antonius said:

I did the same except to my sigil suppressed fishscale tunic. Dunno if you've noticed this but since transferring it, the harvesting bonus has been lost. The speed is still there, but you're no longer getting extra herbs.

• I'm not sure I've actually done any harvesting since I transferred it. Have you bugged that? Odd that it wouldn't be fixed by now.
    Yeah I started suspecting it only recently, just bugged it yesterday.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    If I were to transfer the flying artefact power from a ring of flying to another item (not a ring), would it still have the standard flying message?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    If I were to transfer the flying artefact power from a ring of flying to another item (not a ring), would it still have the standard flying message?
    The message is normally "the ring carries you up into the skies" or whatever, which changes to "the <item> carries you up into the skies" (e.g. "the wings carries you up into the skies" or "the belt carries you up into the skies").
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sarathai said:
    Klendathu said:
    The message is normally "the ring carries you up into the skies" or whatever, which changes to "the <item> carries you up into the skies" (e.g. "the wings carries you up into the skies" or "the belt carries you up into the skies").
    Magic flying Azatlani war horn!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Has anyone successfully used ARTEFACT <power> UPGRADE?

I get "That is not an artefact you own" when I try it for the criticals power, which I would guess is related to the fact that my super-artefact retains the mark of its original creator - if it is not a more general issue. Bugged it some days ago, but no response so far. (Holidays etc I assume.)
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Still waiting for some Shop of Wonders items to get picked. Especially the veil. Really want to transfer  both my veils to something else.  o:)
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I think someone stole all my power..

• Skye said:
    Yeah I started suspecting it only recently, just bugged it yesterday.

Has this been fixed yet? Finally decided to do some harvesting, and it does seem a lot worse than I remember it being. If not, I won't waste any more time harvesting for now. It's painful enough as it is with the trait and gloves.
    Well they haven't replied to my bug report, so no, not fixed yet.

@Tecton ? @Makarios ?

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Skye said:
    Well they haven't replied to my bug report, so no, not fixed yet.

@Tecton ? @Makarios ?
    Lies and slander!

Yes, it's fixed!
    Thank you ily

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Lucky. .I have bugs too! Some from when I was still Ashtani!