The year that was, and the year to come.

Comments

• Can we get those elemental races teased once upon a time? <3

• edited January 2016
    If the new class isn't a staff martial artist I'm done.

If the new class is a staff martial artist I'm done.
  • Morthif said:
    Knight changes was December 31st 2014 I think
    Depends on your timezone. It was January 1st 2015 GMT, they went live a little bit after the year change. It was the exact same time the tradeskill split happened, and that was included on the list for 2015.
  • List looks good. Few adjustments:

Original sentinel was druid-class really. I don't count them until they got woodlore to replace groves, around 271.

Original occultist is now outcast. Occultist got occultism 304.

Templar was 174, Paladin was 203.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Finally done with my dissertation which means time for Achaea again...finally. Looks like a good time to come back :)

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Trevize said:
    List looks good. Few adjustments:

Original sentinel was druid-class really. I don't count them until they got woodlore to replace groves, around 271.

Thanks. I knew 202AF sounded too early for them to get Woodlore...

I wouldn't count the other two as the creation of new classes though—just the replacement of a class skill (ignoring the continued existence of Outcast, since it's all but vanished from Achaea gameplay). I wouldn't call all the classes that gained new skills in the recent tradeskill-split new classes, for example.
  • I love Achaea and this reminds me of why I love Achaea so freaking much. I am excited about all the things, but especially new class, Seafaring, PVE, and world events/lore things (yes to integrating the intro more! yes to old enemies returning and major stuff happening!). All the love to this. Thank you guys for working so hard on it.
  • PainePaine Prime Material
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #4367 (06/24/2015 at 20:35)
    To : Everyone
    Subject: A new day for the HTML5 client
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the release of the latest version of the HTML5 client, we felt that things were looking really great except for one small thing... the name! HTML5 isn't something that inspires people, so moving forward, the client will be known as Nexus!
    "But what about the old java client that was called Nexus?" I hear you ask. Well, we've officially marked that as end-of-life. It will no longer be updated or supported moving forward (in fact, it no longer works with the most recent Java version). You can still access it at http://www.achaea.com/game/oldnexus for now, should you need to.
    Nexus' new URL is http://nexus.achaea.com! No need to rush out and change your bookmarks, client.achaea.com and play.achaea.com will continue to work now and in the future!
    Penned by My hand on the 18th of Daedalan, in the year 687 AF.
    This also happened in 2015. As a long time user of the various web browser clients, the client keeps on getting better and better XD
    I am looking forward to more updates for the client in 2016

• edited January 2016
    Krypton said:
    Trevize said:
    List looks good. Few adjustments:

Thanks. I knew 202AF sounded too early for them to get Woodlore...

I wouldn't count the other two as the creation of new classes though—just the replacement of a class skill (ignoring the continued existence of Outcast, since it's all but vanished from Achaea gameplay). I wouldn't call all the classes that gained new skills in the recent tradeskill-split new classes, for example.

They got woodlore when Eleusis was discovered and they left Hashan (yes, Sentinels were originally Hashani). Some event with their house tutor and blowing up groves. That grove blowing up ability got removed from druids at the same time or shortly after iirc, used to sever the grove and I think harm everyone in it really bad or straight up kill or something.

Templar was devotion/bladefire, replaced with chivalry/forging/devotion, and the class name changed. I'd honestly consider that a new class.

For occultist, I was more concerned with old occultist renamed/new occultist class made - but since occultism was based off necromancy (almost exact copies for much of it, some only somewhat modified), I can see that point. The whole balancing factor was very small at that point.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Trevize said:
    Sentinels were originally Hashani
    Shallam, before that.
  • edited January 2016
    Tecton said:

•  BATTLERAGE was released! Adding a new dimension to hunting, adventurers now gain rage as they attack, which can then be focused into more powerful attacks to damage and afflict their prey.

So, this was one of the surprises for me in coming back after such a long time way from Achaea. I like it, especially with how it allows some room for groups of people to work in a synergistic manner. However, being an old-school player there is one huge issue I have with the skillset... It being that a lot of the times you can use a many of the skills even though you may not have access to their respective skillsets or weapons. It is aesthetics I suppose... Yet, it annoys me when I can use a quarterstaff to seer something with sunlight, yet never actually have a quarterstaff in my possession. XD
  • I can't believe the LOL button is gone. Maybe in 2016 i can lol at posts again.
    On topic, I"m excited to see what rolls out with the new class.
  • edited January 2016
    Tecton said:

Speaking of 2016, there are some awesome new things on the cards for the new year!
    •  A new class is in the design stages! We're looking forward to bringing you a fresh new addition to the available player professions! 
    Well, that settles it, class slot number 3 not being filled for now.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Tecton said:

Speaking of 2016, there are some awesome new things on the cards for the new year!
    •  A new class is in the design stages! We're looking forward to bringing you a fresh new addition to the available player professions! 
    The deadly forumancer? :awesome: 
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Xaden said:
    Tecton said:

You're going to be waiting a while. By 2016, I am sure they mean December 2016.
  • Another way to look at it... nothing there suggests it'll be released this year, just that it's being worked on and they're looking forward to releasing it.
  • Also rushing = imbalance and tears. Let them get it right!
  • New class needs to be musketeer. Would kill to be a swashbuckling rifleman.

• Gunner would be neat. Pirates! Cutlass and Pistol. :anguished: 

• Would definitely hope for a dexterity-based class
  • Another dex class would be pretty awesome.

Ninjas are dextrous...

OHMAHGAWD IT'S GONNA BE NINJAS
  • Pirate Ninjas.
  • Honourguard - Bardiche/polearm wielding mother fuckers of awesome.
  • Mathematician.
  • Numerologist. Please let there instakill be the (Mandelbrot set|fractals)
  • So hard to speculate..will it be momentum or prep, or something entirely different...