Severe lag - 05/01/16 (ASD)

For those who are asking the question over and over and are checking the forums for information : 

Yes, there is severe bouts of lag occurring to Achaea at the moment. It's not just you.

No, there is no official word on what is causing it yet. I'm sure when the big boys have news for us they'll let us know but I think we can all agree we'd rather them focus on sorting it out then browsing forums and making announcements.

Alright.

ASD - Australian Standard Date. Why the fuck would you put the month before the day, you weirdos?

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited January 2016
    British date, you convict. Speaking of which, it's 4th January in proper time zones.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I've always learned dates in US format (Month, date, year). 

Korea really turns the table and does this - 160105   for 2015 January 5th. 
  • Not my fault we stole it from you and made it our own. What are you going to do about it? Come over here and take it off us you? Good luck. we're guarded by abominations of nature you couldn't even invent in your worst personal nightmares.

• ---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2016/01/04 16:19:36 )---
    To try and fix some networking issues (which is causing some lag), we're going to be making a few 
    system tweaks that may result in some adventurers being disconnected. We recommend moving somewhere 
    safe for the next few minutes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • So as paying customers we are not allowed to ask or be informed....

This aint Tahquilaea, Forums is a place to ask these questions

• Gamden said:
    So as paying customers we are not allowed to ask or be informed....

Uh, no one said you weren't allowed to ask, and the admins already made an official statement.
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    Still some lag, was fixed for a little bit at least. I'm just going to stay away from bashing for the day. Mass sipping health vials isn't fun. :(
  • Tecton said:
    Yep, there is/was some DDoS'ing going on again (people need something better to do) - most of it should be mitigated for now. 
    Thanks for the update

• Jeslyn said:
    Still some lag, was fixed for a little bit at least. I'm just going to stay away from bashing for the day. Mass sipping health vials isn't fun. :(

Likewise, I may mess with some ratting or something minuscule to save up for all the butt-load of stuff I need to get started again. XD

My lag seems to come in hiccups here and there. It had definitely improved from this morning however.
  • Yeah I can't do a single thing. Commands take 12+ seconds. Hope you guys get rid of these DDoS'ers because it ruins my fun time. -Brandish-
  • Gamden said:
    So as paying customers we are not allowed to ask or be informed....

I supplied an answer to the question a lot of people have been asking. "Is it just me?" 

I'm sorry you took my attempt at friendly community helpfulness as an official ironrealms stance telling paying customers to sit down and shut up. It was definitely not intended to offend your sensibilities.

Trying to call me a dictator though is stepping over the line and a jerky thing to do

(Note : my opinion of you is in no way an official stance held by Iron realms, Achaea and its staff. Disclaimer especially for you, @Gamden)

• Countermeasure always reminds me of dropping caltrops or oil on the road in a bondstyle car chase.
  • Dust off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be certain.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Sarapis said:
    And when shit really gets serious, we break out serious countermeasures.

Ah this explains why bracelet of sustenance is 550cr.

Kidding.

;)
  • Sarapis said:
    Turns out it's someone trying to blackmail us. They want a pay out in bitcoin to go away. Fat chance, obviously. We're deploying some countermeasures shortly that should sort things out.

Hopefully no serious hacking is involved..especially to the customer bank records >.>
  • Nylian said:
    Sarapis said:
    And when shit really gets serious, we break out serious countermeasures.

Ah this explains why bracelet of sustenance is 550cr.

No, but this is:

• Asmodron said:
    Sarapis said:
    Turns out it's someone trying to blackmail us. They want a pay out in bitcoin to go away. Fat chance, obviously. We're deploying some countermeasures shortly that should sort things out.

Hopefully no serious hacking is involved..especially to the customer bank records >.>
    People with that kind of skill don't usually resort to DDOSing muds.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Asmodron said:

Nothing we store, so no problems there.
  • Is it Santar? =( Is he mad?
  • Looks good atm, good job guys
    Hope that guy gets a trojan..

• You should try to get this on the news. Free advertisement!

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    You should try to get this on the news. Free advertisement!
    @Sarapis  this..all this.

• We can all put on sad faces if you like, to help with the news story?

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Medi said:
    Is it Santar? =( Is he mad?
    Money was on either that or Dajio :lol: 

• Sarapis said:

I'll give you four guesses as to who it is.