No brainer package

Hullo! So, been playing Achaea for a few days and I want to get into combat soon, but I was told I needed at least Curses at Transcendence to be any good. The person I spoke with pointed me to the no brainer pack on the website and said that would get me to Transcendence with one skill and a good bit of lessons in any others. I'm 15 and my mom doesn't like paying for games since WoW, so I was wondering if any could buy it for me? I got 20000 gold (didn't know how much a lesson was worth, so went with 10 each) to pay, but if it's not enough, I'm totally willing to get more to pay for it. And what's a ping? They said since Shaman was so fast, I needed a good ping or something.

Comments

• Ping is the speed from your computer to the server the game is hosted on. It's also known as Latency and sometimes "lag" (Though lag is more often used in terms of "I'm lagging") For shaman I think you have to have below 100ms ping, but someone can correct me on that.

As far as the lessons go, I purchase no-brainers for 25cr. or around 162500 gold.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Most people generally want to break even when buying a lesson package for someone. $10 buys you 25 credits, and if you assume 6000 gold per credit (which is a bit low if I remember what CFS was like last time I logged on), that puts you around 150,000 gold in exchange for the package. You might be able to find someone who's willing to be generous and simply buy it for you or take the loss, but thats what its generally considered to be worth. Just so you know!

• Where can I find my ping? 

And got ya, 162500 for each package, yes? Gimme a bit of time and I'll send it to you, Aepas. Maybe a week or two, lol.
  • Open a command prompt. If you're running Windows 8, you can open the start screen and search 'command prompt', or right click the Windows icon in the bottom left and Command Prompt will be one of the items on the menu listing that shows up. This is how people used to navigate their computers back in the olden days, so take a moment to bask in how horrible and archaic it all is. Now type 'ping achaea.com'. The part you're looking for is the number recorded in ms (milliseconds). 1000ms = 1 second, 100ms = 0.1 seconds, 10ms = 0.01 seconds.

Ping, also sometimes called latency, is a measure of how long it takes for your computer to send a command to Achaea's server, and Achaea's server to send a command back to your computer. Higher ping means there will be a noticeable lag between input and output, between you sending a command and receiving a response.

Ideally, hopefully, if the stars shone upon your conception and fortunate geographic circumstances mean you're living somewhere physically close to Achaea's servers - and not in a different country - then your ping will be in the low double digits. If you're living on the other side of the planet, it may be in the triple digits. (My ping averages about 220ms.) If you have a bad internet connection, you may also have high ping. Satellite internet is notorious for extremely high ping. If you have relatives or roommates streaming or torrenting, this may increase your ping.

Higher ping does not disqualify you from PK, but because you're executing so many commands in a fight and want everything to go through as quickly as possible, any increased input/output delay does make things a little bit harder.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Open a command prompt. If you're running Windows 8, you can open the start screen and search 'command prompt', or right click the Windows icon in the bottom left and Command Prompt will be one of the items on the menu listing that shows up. This is how people used to navigate their computers back in the olden days, so take a moment to bask in how horrible and archaic it all is. Now type 'ping achaea.com'. The part you're looking for is the number recorded in ms (milliseconds). 1000ms = 1 second, 100ms = 0.1 seconds, 10ms = 0.01 seconds.

Hold the windows key, press R, then type cmd and hit enter.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Ahh, cool, thanks! I must be nearby lol, tested my ping 10 times and the highest was 19ms and the lowest was 11ms.
  • Based on the ping that I get, I would guess the servers are in Chicago or somewhere thereabouts.
  • Esme said:
    Based on the ping that I get, I would guess the servers are in Chicago or somewhere thereabouts.
    If I remember right, that is correct!

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Yuh. Servers moved there years ago.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Flame me for necroposting if you want, but my Bard alt-turned-main Medeia's been saving up gold for the lesson package. I have about 103,000 saved up and had been aiming for Aepas' 162500 rate for the 2000 lessons.

If you're interested in making a deal, contact Medeia in-game! Messages would probably be best since this is at the very fringe of IC.
    I have 150 Lusternian credits that I'll trade over for Achaean ones. Let me know if you're interested!
  • Update: I found someone willing to help me out! I'd edit my original post but the edit timer has expired!
    I have 150 Lusternian credits that I'll trade over for Achaean ones. Let me know if you're interested!