Stocking Fillers - The Obligatory 'whatdidyaget' thread

Comments

• Whetstones are basically completely worthless.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Can they be sold/traded to other people?

• I don't think so - and even if they could no one actually needs proficiency anymore? So there'd only be a market for a very few out there, not the tens or hundreds the stockings will pop out.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Kasya said:
    I got a camel calf and a camel mount and haven't decided what to do with them. 
    You summon @Iocun
  • You open a fancy golden stocking and find a crate marked "live animal inside" (camel mount) and 533 gold 
    sovereigns inside!

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 25 credits, 1535 gold sovereigns, and 1982 gold 
    sovereigns inside!

I thought these were supposed to have double the prizes... is this bugged? The golden fancy had a crate and 533 gold, that seems like LESS than what I've gotten out of the regular fancy stockings, not double.
  • KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    I too feel like I have been screwed out of my supposed "double value" from my golden stockings. What gives IRE? This purchase suddenly feels a lot cheapened to me.

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find a free reincarnation, a group of 33 ginseng roots, and 
    a group of 7 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 20 credits, 1401 gold sovereigns, 1668 gold sovereigns, 
    and a group of 9 steel bars inside!

You open a logosmas golden stocking and find 20 Humgii betting tickets, 1833 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 11 coal pieces, and a group of 34 lobelia seeds inside!
  • Now im too scared to open my golden ones:(

Maybe i should let them go Platinum

• You have been given 25 credit(s).
    You have been given 25 credit(s).

Message #4218       Sent by Tecton
    12/25/5:47 25 Looks like there was a small glitch in the giftbag code that valued the whetstones higher than it should have - here's 25cr to make up for it!

Yay!

• I'm just shocked that of all the things people are complaining about, whetstones are the forefront instead of those ridiculous ventriloquist dummies. I could see those being like, voluntarily purchased items, but as prizes they make me sad. Not sure if they have a tradein, but I don't think so.

• I got a trait reset. So very meh. Ah well, I guess if I ever switch class again..wait no I won't, there's multiclass now. Haha. Other than that 20 credits, Mayan Crown, Crate with a Jackal pup. So fairly decent haul.
  • Trey said:
    I'm just shocked that of all the things people are complaining about, whetstones are the forefront instead of those ridiculous ventriloquist dummies. I could see those being like, voluntarily purchased items, but as prizes they make me sad. Not sure if they have a tradein, but I don't think so.
    You can at least sell them. Some people do want them. Don't think you can trade whetstones, even if you could, a spec costs 100 lessons, so as a hard cap on their value that was seemed quite a bit less than what they were supposed to be representing in the stockings.

• After a long debate yesterday, I caved and got a stocking. Was surprised to see a crated animal in it! So now I've a camel calf companion. Does anyone know if these grow into mounts?
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    They do not. 
  • Get a camel in a golden stocking. Loving it!
  • Dochitha said:
    Get a camel in a golden stocking. Loving it!
    Was it a golden fancy or golden logosmas stocking?
  • Grandue said:
    Dochitha said:
    Get a camel in a golden stocking. Loving it!
    Was it a golden fancy or golden logosmas stocking?
    I got one in a regular stocking. Guess it was sheer luck? Considering selling it as it's not really my type of thing, but was awesome to get nonetheless.
  • How is it that people are getting the exact same thing in a golden logosmas and golden fancy stocking when one costs three times as much? Can someone look into this please? I don't want to open any more of this stockings for fear that they are bugged.

All I got in a golden fancy was a camel... That can't possibly be double the prizes. 
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    There's a moderate-to-low chance in every opening that you get more than the value of your stocking when you open it, it's possible that someone got lucky there! A golden fancy stocking should be valued at around 80ish credits, which seems right if you got a camel mount, which is valued at over 100cr!
  • I bought 5 basic stockings for what 25 bucks? I gave them all to my greedy self. In my defense I don't know anyone well enough yet to be gift giving anyways.

So minus the worthless stuff, and including the golden stocking I got: 2 ice figurines, 21 lucky sips, 2 baby seals, 10 nuts, 25 credits. 

I got roughly 50 credits from selling off the seals and nuts. Kept the lucky for when I might need it.

So with what 25 bucks would have got me in credits plus a 40% bonus, I definitely came out well ahead. Unfortunately, a single tear ran down my face when I opened the golden stocking and the crit pendant was not inside.
  • edited December 2015
    SO MANY phial's of perm ink and not only can I not trade them in, but I can't use them on someone else and I have no room (yes I am trans tattoos too) to use them on myself. So they're forever in my inventory. I ISSUED with no outcome yet.
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• Ouch, I haven't gotten a single phial. Got another figurine though, yay!

• Got 5 more stockings, the highlights are 10 balls of Seftonium, a top hat, ice figurine, camel calf, and 21 sips of lucky.

Full contents:
    [spoiler]You open a logosmas stocking and find a group of 5 balls of seftonium, a group of 5 balls of seftonium, 2053 gold sovereigns, 232 gold sovereigns, 332 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 pieces of rope, a group of 35 valerian leaves, and a group of 7 steel bars inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a luxurious black top hat, 2042 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 coal pieces, and a group of 13 steel bars inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a glazed runic vial, a group of 10 wood commodities, and a group of 7 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a crate marked "live animal inside", a wooden box of parts, 1697 gold sovereigns, 1938 gold sovereigns, 2005 gold sovereigns, a group of 10 steel bars, a group of 30 ginseng roots, and a group of 8 pieces of rope inside!

You open a logosmas stocking and find a featureless ice figurine, a group of 20 valerian leaves, a group of 25 lobelia seeds, and a group of 8 pieces of rope inside![/spoiler]

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    edited January 2016
    Before timewarp: 20 humgii, 5 seftonium, MC.

After timewarp: 40 humgii... trait reset

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Got a bunch of stuff from my platinum stockings, including a fire pendant and a couple of top hats, a pipe, a vial and a globe.

I also got a whetstone which doesn't appear to have a hardcoded trade-in value yet.

• You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 1 mayan crown, 1331 gold sovereigns, and a group of 8 
    coal pieces inside!

• You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find a glazed runic vial, a worn whetstone, a group of 10 
    wood commodities, a group of 12 steel bars, a group of 14 goldenseal roots, a group of 27 lobelia 
    seeds, and a group of 35 bloodroot leaves inside!

I am happy to be gifted them, my others had better luck but I forgot to record them. Many ice figurines and artefact vials with lucky sips.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I got 30 credits, a small pile of gold, some wood and some ginseng from my platinum stocking.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 25 credits, a group of 6 wood commodities, and a group of 8 wood commodities inside!

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 25 credits, a crate marked "live animal inside" (turkey chick), some gold sovereigns, a group of 14 bloodroot leaves, a group of 7 coal pieces, a group of 8 wood commodities, and a group of 9 wood commodities inside!

You open a fancy platinum stocking and find a globe of shifting continents, an elegant diamond vial, some gold sovereigns, and a group of 12 steel bars inside!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an elegant diamond vial!As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with some gold sovereigns, a group of 19 ginseng roots, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!

• edited January 2016

You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find 1 mayan crown, a group of 26 goldenseal roots, and a
    group of 7 pieces of rope inside!

The stockings have kind of hated me.
  • LannahLannah Rome, NY
    You open a logosmas platinum stocking and find a Ledolian Surcoat, a crate marked "live animal inside" (camel mount), an elegant diamond vial, 1807 gold sovereigns, 859 gold sovereigns, and a group of 24 bloodroot leaves inside!