Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
Christmas Cheers and Shares
I thought I would open up a thread to sate my curiosity on Christmas traditions. I know each family has their own special things that brings them together so let's hear them!
- When my sister and I was little Mum would take us to the shops and we got to chose a new decoration for the tree each year. We would then wait (one year to Christmas Eve) for my Dad to get back from patrol and we would all put the tree up together.
- My Mum had a set of 4 tin Santa Claus decorations which would be the last on the tree (instead of the star). They were from the first Christmas Mum and Dad had together when they were stationed away from family. Mum saw them in a shop but they were being stringent with money, but Dad bought them anyway and they hung them on a pot plant.
- Now that my sister and I have grown our tradition has changed. We have a game of poker Christmas night, with sweets as tender. However, with my Dad diagnosed with diabetes my sister and I have tricked them into playing Cards Against Humanity instead.
- We play a game of street cricket with the neighbours. Girls are allowed double handed catches but men must only use one hand and if they spill their drink while catching a ball it's not a catch. Then the younger kids usually bombard us with water bombs.
- We eat fresh chilled prawns and pavlova for Christmas lunch then just nibble the rest of the day instead of a Christmas dinner. It's far to hot (and we are usually suffering from heatstroke and drunkeness) to cook and prepare dinner.
We keep everything low-key. Not many decorations and the like. If you are part of a family that goes all out for Christmas please take and share photos! If it's snowing where you are take photos! Build me a snowman! Please share you traditions and Christmas with us!