Honours/Accolades : Gods

"Hark the Herald Angels sing, glory to the new born king."
And that's the only attempt at Christmas cheer.

When honours a god we are all familiar with the veiw of : 

Aurora, the Lightbringer (female Immortal).
She was born before time was counted.

Now.... we all know that isn't true. Aurora, Apollyon, Pandora, Pandamonium, Kastalia (and Valnurana to an extent) all have moments in history counted as their respective creations/births. I was thinking that like cities who have accolades that we all instinctively now, the gods also should be noted on their special achievements. Example: 

Aurora, the Lightbringer (female Immortal).
She was born from the devastation of the Morning Star.
She was pulled through the tapestry of time itself to stand against the Worldreaver.
She stand as part of the Bloodsworn Gods.
She is a Founder of Targossas.

Comments

• Babel, God of Oblivion (male Immortal).
    He was born before time was counted.
    He is a pretty cool guy.
    Eh threw a dala'myrr into the pit and doesn't afraid of anything.
    Has gone dormant more times than any other god.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Pandora described to me once how time is different to the Gods and even though they may not have existed to us until a certain date, that they existed in some other way. Been a long time since we had that talk and the details are fuzzy so I can't really explain what she meant or go into detail, but I'm not sure if giving them Adventurer-like birthdays listed would work. Would be cool if they had a list of honors of special things they've done in their time, though. Then again, it could be seen as a history cheat sheet. One thing I learned through doing riddles and such is that you really have to go digging through news and such to learn about all these cool past events they were a part of.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Pandora described to me once how time is different to the Gods and even though they may not have existed to us until a certain date, that they existed in some other way. Been a long time since we had that talk and the details are fuzzy so I can't really explain what she meant or go into detail, but I'm not sure if giving them Adventurer-like birthdays listed would work. Would be cool if they had a list of honors of special things they've done in their time, though. Then again, it could be seen as a history cheat sheet. One thing I learned through doing riddles and such is that you really have to go digging through news and such to learn about all these cool past events they were a part of.

I've been told much the same IC by a few Gods. Basic concept along the lines of "the Gods' realms always existed, and there are countless more out there currently untouched."

That said, I don't think it discludes presenting when they became 'visible' to mortals as they are.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA

That sounds like a suspension-of-disbelief explanation to explain away the catch-all Immortal honors line.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Their realms may have existed, but Aurora and Apollyon didn't exist until the morning star accident. Spartan didn't exist until Shaitan ate Apollyon and Kasyalia didn't exist until Neraeos got all creeper on Ourania's tear.
    Lady Pandora's explanation didn't have to do with Their realms existing with or without Them, but rather that time is different to a God than it is to a mortal, and thus Their existence is also different in a way more complex than "this God was born on this date." I think this is very easily illustrated in how Lord Aeon brought Lady Aurora and Lord Deucalion to the present.

• edited December 2015
    If we took that explaination the gods aren't dead either, just residing outside our perception of time but what we understand and teach about those gods are that they are dead. Then we get into the sticky business of if gods always existed were they ever really created to begin with? Or did ayar make Kasyalia, aurora and the rest as he made the elder gods? Hermes himself wasn't a god, but won his fully-fledged mantle from Raclawice.
    Well in some sense They do exist in Lord Thoth's realms still, and Gods have come back from the dead, so...

• SPOKEN FROM THE MAN HIMSELF
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Elowin said:
    I figure it went something like this.
    --- The Future or Something ---- -3:-1:0 ---
    The stars shine down from the sky above, bathing the arid land beneath their silvery light. There are flying cars errywhere. Bruce Willis is here, hanging out. A common red robot butterfly flits about over your head. Aurora, the Lightbringer is here. Deucalion, the Righteous Fire is here. 
    You see exits leading east, northwest, up and down.

Aeon enters from the ether.

Aeon beckons to Aurora.
    Aeon beckons to Deucalion.
    Aeon, the Lord of Time says, "Yo, weird god raid in the past future, defup."
    Aurora shrugs helplessly at Deucalion.
    Aurora and Deucalion leave to the ether, following Aeon.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Aeon stayed
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Elowin said:
    Aurora, the Lightbringer is here.
    Wow.

I'm much less surprised people misunderstand Targossian ideology now, when they don't even know where their gods came from
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Krypton said:
    Elowin said:
    Aurora, the Lightbringer is here.
    Wow.

I'm much less surprised people misunderstand Targossian ideology now, when they Elowin don't didn't even know where their gods came from
    Elowin (female Mhun).
    Her date of birth is hidden by the sand of Aeon.
    She is ranked 676th in Achaea.
    She is the 22nd ranked combatant with a rating of 100.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is not known for acts of infamy.
    She is a member of the Ivory Mark.
    She is considered to be approximately 55% of your might.
    She is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    Her motto: 'Preserve, protect, prosper.'
    See HONOURS DEEDS ELOWIN to view her 2 special honours.
    Not Targossian :(

Ask Elowin about Mhun racial history though, she be more on point with that I'll bet

• *Rustle Rustle*
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Trevize said:
    Kayeil said:

I've been told much the same IC by a few Gods. Basic concept along the lines of "the Gods' realms always existed, and there are countless more out there currently untouched."

That said, I don't think it discludes presenting when they became 'visible' to mortals as they are.
    The best explanation I've heard is that gods don't have souls, but they have divine essence. We've seen that essence can be invested (Ourania) or combined to create a new god from nothing (Pandora, Kastalia). It can be drained (Pandemonium), transferred (Maya), stripped (Bal'met), dispersed (Deucalion) or dissipated, but probably never actually destroyed.

Maybe being bborn before time was counted refers to their divine essence, which  is eternal and indestructible and presumably originates from Sarapis (?) who does exist outside of time and space and perceivable attire standards. I don't know what that has to do with divine realms but it's probably related. 

• edited January 2016
    Back to the topic at hand I do rather like the idea that Gods have brief Honours lines kind of like a short bio. It adds flavor for minimal effort and lets a newbie who uses Honors on this strange entity know who they are. My first few times interacting with Gods were not that great because I had no idea anything about them (even with the help scrolls). It also provides key events for new celani who are coached into the roles to ask about so they are clear on stuff (pretty sure that already happens but it would also give people an idea of core formational things for the god themselves).

@Tecton @Sarapis -I'll write them myself if someone can throw them in once they are done at least the ones I know of and have access to their hands ooc/ic. Might need someone from Ashtan/Mhaldor to write theirs.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."