Refining and Synthesizing with regards to HELP AUTOMATION

As per HELP AUTOMATION, how should we handle tasks that require massive (1000+) repetitions of the same thing, in the same room, such as refining ingredients or synthesizing metals? These do not directly generate gold or experience.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ok, yeah I don't go AFK with it. Its just a LOT of stuff to do so doing it manually would kill my enter key!
  • JeslynJeslyn United States
    I think this is more referring to the arseholes that autokill everything in the room and move on without skipping a beat. Because I have had a few of those come in, while I'm killing something, kill MY mob and then leave. No whoops, apology, or anything. Not even when I start bitching at them. I can easily automate my hunting, but what's the fun in that? Now I use ken's denizen targetter but that is it. I'm still in control of everything.
  • @Jeslyn Yeah I target automatically but I move and attack manually. I also have things to handle some of the fishing timing but I cast using a manual alias. Just wanted to check I was in the clear. Greys is too pretty to be a tree!
  • I did that to someone while distracted by a clan after not seeing them recently. Felt bad. What really gets me is the ones that do it, then start getting angry at you when you ask them to stop.

• The harvesting/gathering/extracting scripts floating around really make me twitch. There's a big difference between someone who goes out to gather materials as their gold-making method and someone who turns a script on to do it, and you can tell which is which by how much they charge for their product. Sure, you can get things dirt cheap from the automated ones, but that also makes it an unappealing practice to people who would do it legitimately.
  • Jeslyn said:
    I think this is more referring to the arseholes that autokill everything in the room and move on without skipping a beat. Because I have had a few of those come in, while I'm killing something, kill MY mob and then leave. No whoops, apology, or anything. Not even when I start bitching at them. I can easily automate my hunting, but what's the fun in that? Now I use ken's denizen targetter but that is it. I'm still in control of everything.
    I've done this intentionally before to people who try to leapfrog me in an area, but I always let them know it's intentional and that's why if I do.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    Jeslyn said:
    I've done this intentionally before to people who try to leapfrog me in an area, but I always let them know it's intentional and that's why if I do.
    You don't say anything to me. That damn garrote speed.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Garrote is sexy

• Sarathai said:
    Jarrod said:
    Jeslyn said:
    Sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of things choking. Often.
  • Sylvaria said:
    Sarathai said:
    Jarrod said:
    Jeslyn said:
    Sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of things choking. Often.
    You proposed to me after seeing dat garrote.  Coincidence? I think not.