Year 700!

Comments

• Jarrod said:
    Secret strategy, Yae asked for a level 9 blue dragon scale.

(I doubt this is possible but it would be genius and funny if it was)
    Technically, I think you can combine up to a maximum of level 20? So I guess it depends on whether the winner is/was allowed to ask for a specific level of piece or not.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Dochitha said:
    Tahquil said:
    I did the calc. A level 7 blue scale broke down and sold for 5cr each at 6400g per credit is about 2.5 million
    Double that, been buying at 10cr per.
    We have a winner!

It would have been funny to get a level 20 and corner the market, but no, it's just a level 7.
  • Seems odd if someone was allowed to ask for a level 20 of anything. That's over 52,000 level 1's.

• We know what the next auction for a talisman piece will turn into.
  • Dochitha said:
    Tahquil said:
    I did the calc. A level 7 blue scale broke down and sold for 5cr each at 6400g per credit is about 2.5 million
    You also did get a bunch of credits generously donated to you for posting on forums. I bought most of the rare bits for Aerek's set at 5cr, raised to 7cr max the last few because I was getting desperate.
  • Tahquil said:
    Dochitha said:
    Tahquil said:
    You also did get a bunch of credits generously donated to you for posting on forums. I bought most of the rare bits for Aerek's set at 5cr, raised to 7cr max the last few because I was getting desperate.
    Yea, Blue scale is so rare. I paid a few for more than 10cr, I don't wanna quote the exact price not to disrupt the market, but yeah, they are so darn rare. Same to gold tooth. But @Sarathai keeps getting them I don't know how he bashes, I bought the most from him.
  • Sure, 5 million, but I wanted something worth over 8, arguably more :(

Ah well, history flips. Last credit auction I participated in I snaked in a bid about five seconds before it ended and got the ship in a bottle. That was not nearly as devastating as Yen would have won -two- if I hadn't, but ugh. Gold auctions are a pain in the dick, can we please have credit auctions again? I've got to find out how to turn this gold back into credits.

• By jacking up the credit market... again.
  • Except that's dumb, because then I've lost money.

• It's almost like that's what gold auctions were designed to do.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• It's almost like shut up and grip your staff, asshole :(

• Trey said:
    It's almost like shut up and grip your staff, asshole :(
    Pretty sure it's one-handed, so he should still have one hand free to type.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• Sarathai said:
    Trey said:
    It's almost like shut up and grip your staff, asshole :(
    Pretty sure it's one-handed, so he should still have one hand free to type.
    -blink- is that what you'd do with a spare hand?!
  • Not all are into that though, so yes, free hand.
  • #Ashtan
  • Daeir said:
    Jhui's staff was two-handed, Jarrod's is one-handed.

Snicker.
    You shouldn't make fun of Jhui's small hands :(
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Trey said:
    Sure, 5 million, but I wanted something worth over 8, arguably more :(

Ah well, history flips. Last credit auction I participated in I snaked in a bid about five seconds before it ended and got the ship in a bottle. That was not nearly as devastating as Yen would have won -two- if I hadn't, but ugh. Gold auctions are a pain in the dick, can we please have credit auctions again? I've got to find out how to turn this gold back into credits.
    Don't hate you, but yeah, you did snake that :dizzy: 

• Hyperlith said:
    Trey said:
    Sure, 5 million, but I wanted something worth over 8, arguably more :(

Don't hate you, but yeah, you did snake that :dizzy: 
    Yen did have a disadvantage in that Daeki fucked up and bid on it by mistake, so I saw what her max bid was. Joke's on me though, I impulse got it and realized I had no real use for it.

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Are there going to be medallions for everyone who got at least one point? This is the first games I've managed that and I'm really excited about it so...
  • Kasya said:
    Are there going to be medallions for everyone who got at least one point? This is the first games I've managed that and I'm really excited about it so...
    I was told everybody who earned points would get a medallion. Hoping that includes the fractional ones as well.

@Tecton

• They're probably just a bit late, they were last time too. Took a few days.

i'm a rebel

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Yep, medallions will be out today!
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree

• @Amanu and impatient others. The whole being DDoS'd situation yesterday took away from things like medallions while Tecton aimed to make sure that people could actually login to Achaea. Hopefully medallions will happen today.
  • Daeir said:
    We get medallions? Awesome.

I'm more impressed that he managed to mitigate a DDoS without being fully nullrouted.
    I'd say fight back if I wasn't so passive

• Daeir said:
    We get medallions? Awesome.

I'm more impressed that he managed to mitigate a DDoS without being fully nullrouted.
    Depends on the type of DoS. Volumetric attacks are tricky to stop with just a firewall alone, you'd need some sort of DNS redirect or "scrubber" upstream to assist. If it was a case of numerous connections made to the client and simply held open and not closed gracefully, those could be stopped at the Firewall level but you'd need to block either individual or groups of addresses.

Either way, I would agree sorting that out is more important than medallions. :)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    edited December 2015
    Yeah. Stupid hackers. :(

• @Amanu I'm disappointed in your meme usage...

Could have just as easily used one of these:

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Peak said:
    @Amanu I'm disappointed in your meme usage...

Could have just as easily used one of these:

I know. Couldn't find 12 hours later which was about exact.