Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Year 700!

Comments

• TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,798 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yen snaked 7 out from under me for an elder piece, was trying to get the last piece for a bowstring set. Call me Zorg because I, am VERY, DISAPPOINTED :(

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,096 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wait, elder as in... elder dragon piece?
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,866 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Trey said:
    Yen snaked 7 out from under me for an elder piece, was trying to get the last piece for a bowstring set. Call me Zorg because I, am VERY, DISAPPOINTED :(
    What a waste :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Trey
    Melodie said:
    Yes.

• SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,139 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Trey said:
    Melodie said:
    Yes.
    Waste of a talisman piece auction.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

MelodieTreyKyrra
    Sarathai said:
    Trey said:
    Melodie said:
    Yes.
    Waste of a talisman piece auction.
    THANK YOU

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 5,096 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah, I'm generally a "let people decide what they want" kind of gal, but uh... seems like a real waste for the price.
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I guess she really, really wanted that piece?
  • ValkynValkyn Member Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited December 2015
    All the elder dragon bits come up regularly on market if you're willing to pay enough... and enough is a lot less than that auction went for.

Madness!

Hyperlith
    Valkyn said:
    All the elder dragon bits come up regularly on market if you're willing to pay enough... and enough is a lot less than that auction went for.

Madness!
    For what the auction bid was, she probably could have bought an entire Elder Dragon set.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,403 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    To each their own.
  • KafzielKafziel Member Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    which piece?
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Maybe the joke is she asked for a max level piece of one of the stupidly uncommon types? Yen's never struck me as "bad" with money at any point, so there must be a reason behind it.
    Exelethril
    I did the calc. A level 7 blue scale broke down and sold for 5cr each at 6400g per credit is about 2.5 million
    Exelethril
  • JarrodJarrod Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,060 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Secret strategy, Yae asked for a level 9 blue dragon scale.

(I doubt this is possible but it would be genius and funny if it was)
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,413 @ - Epic Achaean
    Tahquil said:
    I did the calc. A level 7 blue scale broke down and sold for 5cr each at 6400g per credit is about 2.5 million
    Double that, been buying at 10cr per.
    YenExelethril
    Jarrod said:
    Secret strategy, Yae asked for a level 9 blue dragon scale.

(I doubt this is possible but it would be genius and funny if it was)
    Technically, I think you can combine up to a maximum of level 20? So I guess it depends on whether the winner is/was allowed to ask for a specific level of piece or not.

• YenYen Member Posts: 65 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Dochitha said:
    Tahquil said:
    We have a winner!

It would have been funny to get a level 20 and corner the market, but no, it's just a level 7.
    Exelethril
  • ValkynValkyn Member Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Seems odd if someone was allowed to ask for a level 20 of anything. That's over 52,000 level 1's.

We know what the next auction for a talisman piece will turn into.
    Dochitha said:
    Tahquil said:
    You also did get a bunch of credits generously donated to you for posting on forums. I bought most of the rare bits for Aerek's set at 5cr, raised to 7cr max the last few because I was getting desperate.
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,413 @ - Epic Achaean
    Tahquil said:
    Dochitha said:
    Tahquil said:
    You also did get a bunch of credits generously donated to you for posting on forums. I bought most of the rare bits for Aerek's set at 5cr, raised to 7cr max the last few because I was getting desperate.
    Yea, Blue scale is so rare. I paid a few for more than 10cr, I don't wanna quote the exact price not to disrupt the market, but yeah, they are so darn rare. Same to gold tooth. But @Sarathai keeps getting them I don't know how he bashes, I bought the most from him.
    Sure, 5 million, but I wanted something worth over 8, arguably more :(

Ah well, history flips. Last credit auction I participated in I snaked in a bid about five seconds before it ended and got the ship in a bottle. That was not nearly as devastating as Yen would have won -two- if I hadn't, but ugh. Gold auctions are a pain in the dick, can we please have credit auctions again? I've got to find out how to turn this gold back into credits.

Cooper
    By jacking up the credit market... again.
    Except that's dumb, because then I've lost money.

• JarrodJarrod Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,060 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It's almost like that's what gold auctions were designed to do.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Tahquil
    It's almost like shut up and grip your staff, asshole :(

Trey said:
    Pretty sure it's one-handed, so he should still have one hand free to type.

Hyperlith
  • SylvariaSylvaria Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Sarathai said:
    Trey said:
    Pretty sure it's one-handed, so he should still have one hand free to type.
    -blink- is that what you'd do with a spare hand?!
    Shirszae
Sign In to Comment.